• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 1

Not sure if I'm going to be able to deal with the teacher's look.
Otherwise, alright first chapter. Wonder if it can bring the same intensity Ballroom e Youkoso can.

Ttxq1zD.png
XiLR3Ij.png

I'm pretty satisfied with the shocked expression he has.

Since I'm guessing Oboro is going to ruin things.

Father and Son looks like it will be the best.

7d23d7f5a50464999c408a39ed8261821432935987_full.png

The unpredictable and wild son, Shou. And the former gangster, hands-on father who looks out for him, You-san. Follow the lively father and son pair, as their everyday life is sure to eventful. Won’t you take a peek at this slice-of-life, slapstick but easygoing father and son comedy?

Father and Son will be available on Crunchyroll Manga June 1st at 5pm PST with on-going simulpubs starting in June!

And good for them getting series that got no love before.

Wow animated Takumi continues to deliver.

I hope the BLack Clover and Hero Academia anime are made with as much love as Food War's has been given. Yuno, Asta, Todoroki, Kaminari animated perfection would be amazing.

Revo

Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ 1-2

This was actually pretty good. I still blame WIXOSS's shitty start for my hesitation to start things that involve card games but this has enough card stuff to make the emotional stuff good.

Revo

Magi no Okurimono 1-2

A story about a girl in heaven trying to get her boyfriend on earth to forget about her.
Pretty cute.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
PRISON SCHOOL 178

Defcon_5_logo_1287018364.jpg

Its so good:)

Hana is such a sweetheart. She's so innocently insane and does the cutest things. More then any other character in the series, i want too see her final mental state more than anyone. In many ways that aren't so obvious, shes more broken than even vice prez or Andre.

Revo

Finally got around to finishing H2

Man, I just love Adachi.

All I know for sure is that Cross Game is my favorite. As of immediately finishing H2, I'd put H2 above Touch, but as some time lapses I'll probably end up favoring Touch more. Mix is still a tossup since so early on.

So I've read Cross Game, Touch, H2, and Mix. What of Adachi should I read next?

Usobuko

Banned

Man, I just love Adachi.

All I know for sure is that Cross Game is my favorite. As of immediately finishing H2, I'd put H2 above Touch, but as some time lapses I'll probably end up favoring Touch more. Mix is still a tossup since so early on.

You should summon the resident Adachi expert, Akito.

Is there any romance/drama in Kuroko no Basket ? I remember reading the first 2 volumes but I didn't find that very interesting, but maybe it gets better after (?)

Dropped it after 4 volumes. It lacks personality.
Read Ahiru no Sora.

I'll check it out someday, thanks.

How's your reading of Solanin going?

I'm at chapter 5, so far it's good :p It's the slice of life I was expecting, no weird triangle or harem, just a story of one couple (not that I would mind some side stories with other characters).
There are only 28 chapters tho... So I try to not rush, it's a good thing to read on the train and since i have ~40min to go to Paris every morning I read that :p

Man, I just love Adachi.

Rough. My favorite of his non-baseball series.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm at chapter 5, so far it's good :p It's the slice of life I was expecting, no weird triangle or harem, just a story of one couple (not that I would mind some side stories with other characters).
There are only 28 chapters tho... So I try to not rush, it's a good thing to read on the train and since i have ~40min to go to Paris every morning I read that :p

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. If you'e worried about length, the other two series I recommended all last much longer.

Akito

Man, I just love Adachi.

All of them.

Rough and Katsu follow the same formula but are kinda refreshing since they deal with other sports than baseball for once. Hiatari Ryoko and Miyuki are more comedy-centric and both have dat 80s feel. Adventure Boy, Jinbe and Short Program are short but sweet. Nijiiro Togarashi stands out because of the setting alone. Slow Step, Itsumo Misora and Q&A are not bad but nothing essential. Anything else is recommended only for Adachi nerds.

Foolworm

Yotsubato

Cleaning!

Sidonia no Kishi

Suicidal maneuver.

Mob Psycho 100

REAL MUSCLES

Naruto

Tobi Minions!

Bleach

One Piece

Stravaganza

Glorious T&A!!

Toriko

Soma

Zweizer

Banned
A, A' by Hagio Moto

A couple of sci-fi short stories centered around a race of genetically-modified people called "Unicorns" and the various relationships they find themselves in. The setting and stories are pretty well-made, with again interesting themes on gender, but also cloning and emotions, and the art works well (the various shots of Saturn are magnificent). Rather enjoyed this collection, even if again I didn't find the characters particularily endearing.

Soma 120

Guess it is yugioh that will lose to Soma eventually. He talks too much.

But damn he was just like "Bitch please" when showing off to Soma.

Soma 120

Guess it is yugioh that will lose to Soma eventually. He talks too much.

But damn he was just like "Bitch please" when showing off to Soma.

May be wrong, but this feels like the first time where Erina's "you know nothing, Jon Snowma" moment is actually legit.

Souma's biggest challenge right now is that he doesn't have the resources to achieve the mass-production of any dishes at scale. No people & presumably not enough money for thousand-plus portions worth of servings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom