• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
UQ Holder

Kind of a tragic pairing though, really. If each meeting is a level of magnitude later then the previous, it had to be pretty rough on Eva to go decades, then centuries, between meetings. Knowing the 'real one' wouldn't be born for a long, long time, and wouldn't recognize you due to time shenanigans, is harsh.

I wonder if Nagi/Negi were just placeholders, having similar personalities/etc to Touta. He became her ideal man, and those two knuckleheads were the closest to him she met.

On a random note, I still am in the 'Touta is a lab grown kid based off Negi + a member of the harem. Ditto for his 'sister' and the others.

Crocodile

Naruto Gaiden 10 - END

yY8Hvxc.png

If Sakura was the mom all along:

• Why did everyone act like Sarada's heritage and birth were some super huge secret?
  • Why was there no birth certificate? Even if she was born outside the village one could have been written when they got back.
  • Karin kept the umbilical cord? Really? An umbilical cord got confused for hair? Really?
  • Why doesn't Sakura have a proper wedding day/family photograph?
  • Why can't Sakura & Saskue either speak earnestly about their relationship or show ANY physical intimacy?
  • Why does nobody act like human being and clearly and quickly explain everything to Sarada?
  • So not only is Orochimaru alive and free, so is Kabuto? And you just gave him a clone army? Really?
  • What was the point of any of this?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fucking of course Sasuke just fucking leaves immediately

360pages

Naruto Gaiden 10 - END

yY8Hvxc.png

If Sakura was the mom all along:

• Why did everyone act like Sarada's heritage and birth were some super huge secret?
  • Why was there no birth certificate? Even if she was born outside the village one could have been written when they got back.
  • Karin kept the umbilical cord? Really? An umbilical cord got confused for hair? Really?
  • Why doesn't Sakura have a proper wedding day/family photograph?
  • Why can't Sakura & Saskue either speak earnestly about their relationship or show ANY physical intimacy?
  • Why does nobody act like human being and clearly and quickly explain everything to Sarada?
  • So not only is Orochimaru alive and free, so is Kabuto? And you just gave him a clone army? Really?
  • What was the point of any of this?

It was weird, like...was it going to break Sarada's mind that she was born outside of the village? And Karin just kept the cord because? It seems like a really random thing to keep since it was obvious that Sakura and Sasuke didn't want it and Karin is over Sasuke to at least a certain extent.

Sakura gets no kiss.

Did Sasuke just bang Sakura and leave without getting married, if not, they where is the wedding photo.

Wiseblade

Didn’t someone make a joke about Karin keeping Salad/Sarada's umbilical cord in her desk? Next is Kishi going to write an arc for the Sharingan Tank?

I hope so

Nocebo

The umbilical cord is easy to explain. To Karin it is an important reminder item of that time she helped Sakura give birth and they became close friends. Shounen manga logic.

Rhapsody

Banned
Naruto 700+10

Anyone expecting something deep were crazy. This was probably just a fun little spinoff after people told him to write more Naruto. The way Chouji's daughter's story ended was funny.

Fucking of course Sasuke just fucking leaves immediately

I think this was what amused me the most out of this chapter lol. I thought he left for a long time for this mission in order to protect his family, but nope. Also Sakura getting trolled again.

Erigu

Hiramoto manages to push out an entire volume of Devil Blues
Well, to be fair, a good chunk of that volume was drawn back in 2007 and 2008.

Is Devil Blues monthly or weekly?
Monthly, I believe.

[Naruto]
[*]Karin kept the umbilical cord? Really?
Keeping a child's umbilical cord isn't that unusual, in Japan.
Of course, one could argue it's a bit weird that Karin kept it (and yeah, leave some Uchiha DNA at Orochimaru's, what could possibly go wrong?)...

An umbilical cord got confused for hair? Really?
By readers, not by characters.

As for the rest: because Naruto is poorly written.

Hey its better than having no chapters.

Im looking at you HxH and Berserk.

Its almost like having no chapters given the long wait but hey good on her being able to negotiate those terms. Hopefully enough of the fanbase will remember for it to make business sense

Also you make it sound like chapters are a guarantee (look at berserk and thats supposed to be bi monthly iirc). Its gonna be crazy if there is a missing one given this schedule, especially with that arm issue.

Sounds like the fun is over in Naruto.

also it was coming since this is a fucking prequel to that movie where Salad appears fine so far.

Its just that Kishi's writing is just garbage to the point everyone could think of something more sinister with the implications.

Read the latest Bleach while you guys are complaining about Naruto Gaiden.

This recent Naruto is an academy award winner compared to the shitty dullness that is Bleach. :mad:

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Its almost like having no chapters given the long wait but hey good on her being able to negotiate those terms. Hopefully enough of the fanbase will remember for it to make business sense

Also you make it sound like chapters are a guarantee (look at berserk and thats supposed to be bi monthly iirc). Its gonna be crazy if there is a missing one given this schedule, especially with that arm issue.

Sounds like the fun is over in Naruto.

also it was coming since this is a fucking prequel to that movie where Salad appears fine so far.

Its just that Kishi's writing is just garbage to the point everyone could think of something more sinister with the implications.
the series is over, this was the last chapter

Rhapsody

Banned
Read the latest Bleach while you guys are complaining about Naruto Gaiden.

This recent Naruto is an academy award winner compared to the shitty dullness that is Bleach. :mad:

Still not going to continue reading it until it ends. Once I got to that weird eyeball stuff, I had enough. lol

dani_dc

Naruto

Boring ending, playing it safe for no real reason. Ah well.

Hiramoto manages to push out an entire volume of Devil Blues while keeping up with Prison School updates (with maybe a delay or two here and there) and STILL manages to make 99% of other manga artists look like chumps.

We're not worthy.

I was worried that Prison School would suffer from it, but somehow it didn't, the last few chapters were sublime.

Naruto Gaiden

There wasn't even a fun shenanigans explanation for why everyone treated Sarada's birth like some big secret. Unless Sakura left the village, got prego and spent all 9 months with Sause until one day she just returned with baby and everyone thought she was lying about being the birth mother...

At the end of the day this gaiden saga was useless and added nothing to anyone

Bleach

Why waste time on this flash back just to have Bazz instantly job? If Jugo's ability to give Reishi is that important then you could have condensed that whole flashback into 1-2 pages flash baxk montage with two lines of "we agreed to kill him together, but then that day came and you learned of your special gift and how he needed you more". Kubo needs an editor worse then Hideo Kojima

One Piece

The stuff with Sabo was great at least

wonzo

Banned
Hatarakanai Futari 14-16

hatarakanaifutari14a.png

Prison School 181
yellowqueen.jpg

preemptive RIP NEW V(EEP)

aunt tits 165-172

feels like its trying to recapture the magic by throwing in every trick of the book and nothing sticking :(

keijo

naka-san…

Kyuur

Bleach

There is no greater evidence than this flashback on how shit Bleach's writing is.

Naruto

You know that power creep has happened when a Genin is shattering the earth with (presumably) no formal training. The resolution to the parent debacle was disappointing, would have preferred the theory with Karin's regen abilities having a role.

One Piece

If Burgess is actually out of commission now, would be disappointed. We barely got to see him fight! I still love how 'classical' Blackbeard's crew is with knives and guns.

Fujitora is good people.

random25

Naruto Gaiden End

Glad that's over now. Got boring when there's no drama lol.

One Piece 792

Almost nothing happens again...c'mon!

Busaiku

Himegoto

It's only been 4 years? Felt like a lot longer.
Liked how Ms. Tsukudani's art improved over the years, but did not like the more serious aspects in the latter chapters.
Still, it's sad to see it go, Hime was still the best.

Grexeno

One Piece

Man Fujitora just threw the World Government straight under the bus.

Naruto

Uh, so how exactly do you explain the faked picture?

Bleach

How pointless that all was!

Zweizer

Banned
Stretch ch39

Ran is a good girl!

Is that movie the one I think it is? That'd make for an interesting date to say the least.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch7

Common sense is overrated.

Tomo-chan ha Onna no ko! ch31-50

This fucking guy.

Poor Tomo. Must suck to be everyone's plaything. Still, at least there's someone who's nice to her around.

Hatarakanai Futari ch15-17

I feel for her mother. And for her, too.

Shengar

Tomo-chan ha Onna no ko!

This is really cute, and since tomboy is feature this manga got instant like from me.
But really, is it hard to ask for broship or platonic, close relationship between a boy and girl?

bobohoro

Naruto 700+10 [End]

Heh. Dumb.

Bleach 633

Heh. Dumb.

One Piece 792

Heh. Du...no wait, actually was rather interesting. Sabo and Fujitora are the best thing the recent arc brought forth. Will be fun to watch what this means for the political balance across the world, although I smell a marine scheme behind it all. Although Fujitora seems to be the mild justice kind, he will still see to his duties and there certainly is another intent behind the staged apology.

So are people pissed about the ending to the Naruto Spinoff?

If so you should of expected it to be disappointing coming from Kishi. I mean he gave us the Kaguya final boss.

Lain

Innocent volume 3

So good and yet so bad.
Don't get me wrong. The bad here isn't about the work. This work is extremely good. It's so damn good both visually and in direction that some of the scenery it evokes actually makes me feel bad. The torture scenes had me both admiring the beauty of the artwork (the body anatomy, the scenography, the use of dark and light, the expressions, all that stuff) as well as cringing because of the implications of what's happening, of what happened in the past.
Innocent is quite a remarkable work. I feel bad for Charles-Henri Sanson, for his innocence and good heart that is forced to contrast with the job he's thrust into as a Sanson, as the next heir of the family.
Seeing him mature, seeing him take all that sadness onto himself... I feel for him but at the same time I cheer for his growth, for his ability to take all the cruelty onto himself and this makes me realize that the constrast isn't only in the work, isn't only there for Charles-Henri, but is also present for the reader.
Such a great work.

Naruto 710

What was the point of this? What did this have to do with Boruto? Why did I expect anything from that hack Kishi?

Bleach 633

lol.

One Piece 792

Sabo beat Burgess? Guess he's stronger then I thought.

Shichibukai are done after this. I'm calling it. Fujitora will make the case, and Akainu and Kizaru will listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom