• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thai

Bane was better.
Guys,

I need a pair of casual shoes (non-sandals) I can wear with shorts. My clothes are usually dark / beige / blue. Looking to spend 100-200$. If it's an internet store, it should be able to ship to Canada.

Thanks for any advice!

Boken

Banned
Can't recommend Alpha Khakis enough. They are great, modern-fit khakis. I love the one pair I just bought last week and will be keeping an eye out for sales. I want all the colors!

The pants I'm wearing are just Dockers. I've never really liked jeans, I prefer the looser fit of dress pants. If we leave jeans out, what would be a good pant to get? I saw these the other day:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=23072309

Really liked them. I guess they would fit a little more snug then my typical $30 Dockers?

and yea the polo is probably a size too large. I have a tattoo on my right arm above the elbow, and I guess I've always since then tended to buy bigger shirts to try and cover it up a bit. I think I either need to get the tat removed, add to the tat so it doesnt look so weird by itself, or try to find more long sleeve styles I can wear.

and..... should I just bic it? I buzzed my head this morning and it's pretty obvious that I'm balding. If I let it grow a little bit, it's not so obvious, but I'm thinking I should maybe just bic it as I will probably have to in a few years anyways and maybe I should get used to it.

burg.jpg

How is it obvious you're balding? Looks like a normal mature hairline to me.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Guys,

I need a pair of casual shoes (non-sandals) I can wear with shorts. My clothes are usually dark / beige / blue. Looking to spend 100-200$. If it's an internet store, it should be able to ship to Canada.

Thanks for any advice!
Check out fred perry shoes

Although the ones I wear with shorts are usually lighter in color and have those summer patterns on them (I'm sure they have dark versions of the shoes as well tho)

edit, http://stylesilove.blogspot.com/2010/07/item-fred-perry-authentics-footwear-aw.html

Guevara

Can't recommend Alpha Khakis enough. They are great, modern-fit khakis. I love the one pair I just bought last week and will be keeping an eye out for sales. I want all the colors!

I tried these at Macy's yesterday and I just don't get the taper. The top half was really nice, just like jeans. The bottom half was skin tight around my calves and ankles.

Antagon

Guys,

Thanks for any advice!

Depends on your style. Personally got these, which I think work really well:

81wgzwVHFvL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006BS725Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Downside is that the color doesn't match dark jeans, which makes them a bit situational for me.

The other shoes that are linked here seem great as well.

zchen

I tried these at Macy's yesterday and I just don't get the taper. The top half was really nice, just like jeans. The bottom half was skin tight around my calves and ankles.

Try some Dockers D1 then, those are straight past the knee instead of taper like Alpha.

Any mall-brand chino suggestion should begin and end with JCrew. Hands down the best combo of quality/fit/price.
How much they running for?

Also, does it seem like not enough trousers/pants/chinos have rounded under-crotch areas? I swear some pants make a pretty unsightly and distinct V shape where the legs meet at the crotch. Is it a sign of cheap clothing? Or am I imagining things?

How much they running for?

Also, does it seem like not enough trousers/pants/chinos have rounded under-crotch areas? I swear some pants make a pretty unsightly and distinct V shape where the legs meet at the crotch. Is it a sign of cheap clothing? Or am I imagining things?

Anywhere from 60-90 I believe. They also have some real nice casual dress pants.

Also, some new shirts to judge

IzJ2O.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Guy on the left wins it. You want to wear a short-sleeve buttoned all the way up like that, it's gotta be something bold and fun. Dude in the blue shirt looks like a total Poindexter.

entremet

Any mall-brand chino suggestion should begin and end with JCrew. Hands down the best combo of quality/fit/price.

I think Uniqlo destroys them, but I know that Uniqlo is still limited to NYC in the States for now and no online store. Although you can try a proxy service like SuddenLee.

Yeah it was sufu. I mostly just lurk.

Yeah, sufu is a big circlejerk. Not bad for lurking, though.

Guy on the left wins it. You want to wear a short-sleeve buttoned all the way up like that, it's gotta be something bold and fun. Dude in the blue shirt looks like a total Poindexter.

Yeah, he looks he's cutting off air supply with that shirt. I don't know what I'm gonna do when these two guys are out of the playoffs and not wearing hilarious stuff.

byropoint

Okay so, I got myself a light-grey blazer with black buttons and I'm looking for an advice on how to wear it (color combinations mainly, excluding the obvious white + black, something a bit more fun I guess), any kind of help or recommendations are welcome :)

The blazer is similar to one this guy is wearing (random google picture):

11260M028001_5_2.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
A really light grey like that goes well with soft pastels (in limited doses: you don't want to end up looking too Miami Vice), but also darker reds like brick or maroon, bright greens, light and mid-caramel browns, all sorts of blues, some metallic tones... Just don't get too hung up on following the "rules." If there's a color you're not entirely sure about, use it as an accent or on an accessory.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
It's not my fault you have such expensive designer taste, friend. Asos is for the COMMON MAN.

...and I still can't afford to buy anything even with the sale. ;_;

hah, I buy cheap stuff, just nothing at asos really gels with what I wear outside of super basic things that I can get locally. I do need a suit tho, since I don't have one that fits right now ;_;

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
For fun, I did a macuser-esque search on Asos for black, white or grey clothes in a slim, small size and there were only like six pairs of pants and nothing else. Hah!

i wish. i dont have the baller sneaker collection that biebs does to make my escape though

lol, just a bit of drop crotch. I mean, I really like these

c6814f20a84b8cea065e81dd9afebf9f_best.jpg

Drop crotch AND cargo, hells yeaaah
he was just wearing supras. they aren't some kanye x louis vuitton joints :p

but be careful with rick owens, you will need more rick for your rick for your rick

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I'll never comprehend spending that much on a shirt, let alone a fucking polo. Picked up an awesome tank last weekend with almost that exact same gradient-style coloring for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom