• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got tips for cleaning Suede shoes? Switzerland thrashed them and Ive got some black marks on the "tips" and its rather annoying.

New trainers turned up, darker than expected but still nice :)

nilbog21

Banned
Anyone kno where I can get some nice summer shorts? I don't have anything for some reason..

Urban streetwear I gues is the style i'm looking for, something like this
images

Antagon

Anyone got tips for cleaning Suede shoes? Switzerland thrashed them and Ive got some black marks on the "tips" and its rather annoying.

New trainers turned up, darker than expected but still nice :)

I've done it before with a special 'shampoo' and a sponge, then brushed them up. This was after parties where I trashed them pretty bad and they ended up fine.

Need some ideas for my brothers wedding. He has a 'colorful tenue de ville' dresscode. Planning to wear a navy suit and add color in through the other parts. Right now I'm thinking about wearing a navy suit (haven't got suits in other colors), bordeaux shoes and belt, white shirt and colorful tie, pochet and cufflinks. (probably light blue / green combo) Any other ideas that could work well?

Hypereides

Gold Member
Question. When you all wear dress pants with a tucked polo or button up are you able to make it look like this pic below, where the belt shows perfectly and the guy doesn't have to pull out the shirt at all? I'm not sure if this is just because it's a model with the shirt pinned, or because my shirts/pants are just not quite the right type, but I always have to tuck in my shirt, then pull it out a bit.

Model:

Me: (Don't mind the wrinkles, damn car ride)

Wouldnt go with 'tucked in' on your body type though. That polo also looks too big for you.

Then again I wouldnt say a tucked polo + slacks like those are a winning combo, my friend. Looks pretty plane and unispiring.

If you absolutely would like to go with a polo I'd recomend to check out some cheap Lacoste or Ralph Lauren polos on sale or at vintage/second hand stores.

Cant see much of you but I'd suggest some tighter pants too.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
No-show loafer socks always slip off my heel when I walk and end up wadded around my toes. :(

These shorts are much, much better, Al. Yesterday's made you look like a bro on the way back from the gym.

Im like 95% certain Alucrid is just trolling you lot purely because he seems to know what hes on about and has been posting in fashion threads for donkeys years.

Alucrid

Banned
No-show loafer socks always slip off my heel when I walk and end up wadded around my toes. :(

These shorts are much, much better, Al. Yesterday's made you look like a bro on the way back from the gym.

But I was going to the gym

with my bros

What are the shorts. I need a upgrade over the cargoes I bought out of necessity last year.

Outlier

Looks improved, got any other summer shoes or just the white ones?

I have other white shoes

Im like 95% certain Alucrid is just trolling you lot purely because he seems to know what hes on about and has been posting in fashion threads for donkeys years.

Trolling with the shoes? Footwear is probably the weakest point in my wardrobe and I don't care for oxfords (for casual wear at least), brouges, wingtips, etc. and I'm currently waiting on finding a pair of mmm side zips before I spend anything on footwear

i could use some baller sandals though

Jay Sosa

I may be odd, but those shorts look a bit too short for my taste. I'd go an inch or two longer. Personal preference. :p

Yeah, shorts have to barely cover the knees. But they do look nice. Not a big fan of the shirt.

Anyone kno where I can get some nice summer shorts? I don't have anything for some reason..

Urban streetwear I gues is the style i'm looking for, something like this
images

Umm, everywhere?

At least where I live.. Have like 3 pairs plus 2 without the side pockets, haven't paid more than 20€ for any of them.

I always regret not getting these when I had the opportunity:
dwmYQ.jpg

i don't have any 'wear outside' sandals but maybe some perforated sneakers might work. meh I really don't need more shoes lol.

herbert²

Banned
My summer shoes for this year :

6a00d83455c78869e20120a8dfa296970b-500wi

(CP)

jack-dirty-buck.jpg

(Sanders, MarkMcNairy has the exact same model but more expensive, this one cost me 200€)

POINTER-CHESTER-NAVY-SNAP__2_.jpg

(Pointer, cost me 60€)

Antagon

*whistles* nice treads, herbert.

Oh god Antagon dont do it

Haha, expected that reply. Still going to try them on together. In reality, the blue in the lip isn't nearly as pronounced and the shades of gray march together better then they've got the right to. The shoe is really well finished too. Plus, knowing my brother he can appreciate it if someone takes a step away from the trodden paths.

If it really doesn't work out I've got some dark brown oxfords as a backup and I've got some awesome boots to combine with jeans.

Love those Sanders, Herbert!

Edit: the suit is morecof a blueish gray tint. Brown seemed to work quite well with it.

Antagon

Shoes I've bought this year:

p1020404koxfb.jpg

From back to front: pointer, blackstone, giorgio.
Herbert, is 60 the normal price for those pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom