• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Number of ck collection suits (good cut for the money) on Yoox for 225 freedom dollars or so.

So what you're saying is, I should go and cop some suits?

Yeah, that would be fine. Deepest I've found in stores are around this though:

http://www.perfectlybasics.nl/uploa...bswm/Filippa-K-Organic-V-Neck-Tee-wit3-01.jpg

Which is not enough.
I'll look around a bit more I guess and skip the undershirts until I've found some.

Try American Apparel

Antagon

Ah, one thing I should've noted is that I'm Dutch. There's only one American Apparel store in the country, not really near me.

Edit: Forgot to check the online store, guess I can use that. Thanks!

xJavonta

Banned
I guess I dress like a hipster or something.

My glasses (prescription) are thick black frames.
My top is usually a v neck or some sort of heather shirt.
My bottoms are usually skinny jeans. I wear ADTR shorts when I don't feel like rocking the skinnies.
My shoes are always Vans. Usually my Vans boat shoes.

I like my style, I don't want to change from it too much but I think I need a little more variety. Anything GAF could suggest that is similar to what I wear?

Pilgor

hipster-trap-500x668.jpg

I guess I dress like a hipster or something.

My glasses (prescription) are thick black frames.
My top is usually a v neck or some sort of heather shirt.
My bottoms are usually skinny jeans. I wear ADTR shorts when I don't feel like rocking the skinnies.
My shoes are always Vans. Usually my Vans boat shoes.

I like my style, I don't want to change from it too much but I think I need a little more variety. Anything GAF could suggest that is similar to what I wear?

That doesn't even sound hipster to me. Everyone wears Vans. You gotta get on this guys hipster level.

tumblr_m3gm9wbSO71rnk728o1_500.jpg

xJavonta

Banned
Alright I lol'ed. Hard.
Dem clarks son.

Dem warby parkers son

Go with tortoise shell son.
Not digging the glasses but I like those boots. But I honestly don't think I could ever pull them off. I'll post a picture tomorrow to give you guys an image. It's currently 2.39 AM where I live and I'm exhausted.
That doesn't even sound hipster to me. Everyone wears Vans. You gotta get on this guys hipster level.

tumblr_m3gm9wbSO71rnk728o1_500.jpg
Ahahahaha my friend bought a pair of short shorts not too long ago. He says they're in preparation for Warped Tour since its "so damn hot outside and I don't wanna faint"

Those shorts look abit more than short and the shoes are nice just not with that. Imo ofcourse.

Also Payday tomorrow and I must not spend money on clothes.

Not cool

You know, Levis had a denim jacket in "dark rigid" that looks like this:

They should have that color again soon.
I know, but they only ever stock one jacket in size small at a time, and it was still too large in the shoulders and arms. They never carry XS's, so I don't know how those would fit. If they were too small I'd just tailor the small, but I'd like to make sure first

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I know, but they only ever stock one jacket in size small at a time, and it was still too large in the shoulders and arms. They never carry XS's, so I don't know how those would fit. If they were too small I'd just tailor the small, but I'd like to make sure first

How tall are you?

Oh okay, never mind. I'm about 5'10", and the medium is right at my belt.

If you ever find one you like, get the arms tailored. Apparently they did that for the film, and I can see why.
yeah the arms were really weird. I was more just annoyed with the workers' attitudes about getting the different sizes. They purposefully only order one small denim jacket at a time, which immediately sells

Visceir

Posted the same pic here a while back, but here is mine:
DSC_0780crpd.jpg

I rarely wear it, mainly because it doesn't really fit into my usual style but once in a while it's kinda nice to change it up a bit and try something different, something a bit more wild and unorganized.

waypoetic

Banned
FINALLY! I have been summoned lol I love street fashion, im not here for suits they are so boring imo its not UGLY but its not as FUN as street fashion tbh

EDIT: Where did you get your ensemble tbh

Thanks man! I live in Sweden, so i don't think namedropping a few stores is gonna help you out tbh :( But i could tell you that the shoes are a pair of Gravis Quarters and the cap is from Brixton!

I rarely wear it, mainly because it doesn't really fit into my usual style but once in a while it's kinda nice to change it up a bit and try something different, something a bit more wild and unorganized.

Wearing different types of outfits, depending on mood and what you're doing or whatever is key to the fashionable man!

Kyon

Banned
Thanks man! I live in Sweden, so i don't think namedropping a few stores is gonna help you out tbh :( But i could tell you that the shoes are a pair of Gravis Quarters and the cap is from Brixton!

I have a hat from Brixton lol and Gravis Quarters I've seen some of their stuff

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I cannot find jeans for the life of me that fit right. Apparently I have big thighs. I almost have to get wide leg jeans just so they aren't skin tight around my thighs. Bah.

lenovox1

I cannot find jeans for the life of me that fit right. Apparently I have big thighs. I almost have to get wide leg jeans just so they aren't skin tight around my thighs. Bah.

Go for the "relaxed" fit, more room around the thighs and hips and tapered down through the calves. However, "relaxed" jeans from Old Navy and Diesel have wildly different fits, so you'll have to try them on and look around to see which brand fits right for you.

Also be on the lookout for jean brands that put a little stretch in the jeans (like 7 for All Mankind).

y2dvd

Visceir, that looks great! I'd love to pull that off but it's usually way too hot year-round to wear jackets and scarfs. :/

DSC_0780crpd.jpg
This is awesome. I may be stealing parts of this look and adding it into my fall ensemble. I have zero experience with scarves however.

This reminds me, I need a lighter wash jean jacket. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also Alucrid, I'm jealous of both your TOJ and those jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom