• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
They're pretty nice for dressing down a smart outfit and can look pretty sweet. I'm too conservative to own one though.

Jean jackets are back in style? I will have to call my mother to see if she still has my clothes from 1990.

f8f.gif

Boken

Banned
Jean jackets are back in style? I will have to call my mother to see if she still has my clothes from 1990.
Oh god what've you done
cool, would they work to dress up an otherwise pretty casual look then? like shirt, jeans, brogues and sports coat/blazer?
I wouldnt call shirts, brogues and blazer "pretty casual" haha. That's smart to me. Knit ties belong in the smart/casual though so you're in the right zone.

My preference is to have a blazer that isn't too structured or too "smooth". The clash between the rough knit tie and a smooth shirt and blazer is really weird to me.

I wouldnt call shirts, brogues and blazer "pretty casual" haha. That's smart to me. Knit ties belong in the smart/casual though so you're in the right zone.

My preference is to have a blazer that isn't too structured or too "smooth". The clash between the rough knit tie and a smooth shirt and blazer is really weird to me.

haha sorry, because of where i work smart is suit, tie and oxfords/derbies and anything less is just varying degrees of casual. thanks for the advice though, square and knit ties are completely alien to me

Boken

Banned
lounge - casual - smart casual - business casual - business formal

That's my personal spectrum of dress.

An easy pairing is a knit tie with an oxford cotton button down. Instant awesomeness. Pair it with a cardigan, rough weave blazer, or any damn decent jacket you will please (or nothing at all).

Note to self: I will not buy another shirt until I buy more OCBDs.

what is fashion-gaf's (sorry, i don't think i'll ever come around to "manshion") thoughts on square and knit ties?
They're pretty popular right now. I don't own any myself, but I agree with Boken in that they're a good way of dressing down what would be a more formal look.

Snakeyes

Posted the same pic here a while back, but here is mine:
DSC_0780crpd.jpg

I rarely wear it, mainly because it doesn't really fit into my usual style but once in a while it's kinda nice to change it up a bit and try something different, something a bit more wild and unorganized.
Untuck the pants and it's a great fit.

Anyone have decent suggestions for briefcases/messenger bags? I travel for work and I feel like such a dumbass being in business formal with a backpack but it's the only thing that can carry work laptop, some files/binders, iPad and other personal things. I have a black briefcase (albeit dated one) that I use at the regular office but would like something that would work in all situations an preferably with any color choice as I often wear black, brown and grey suit pants. Price range of $300 to $500 which I know probably doesn't help my situation but can't justify anything more at the moment.

Musan

A Tumblr I follow just posted a review of a Finson canvas Briefcase here. If you're looking for leather, I heard Saddleback makes a really nice briefcase.

Holy. Those Saddleback ones are nice. I hate that my work computer is a clunky Dell otherwise I would go with Satchel size as it fits my iPad and MacBook. I think I'll look into them a it more to see exactly but works bu man those things are hot.

Anyone hav suggestions on briefcase colors that work best for all suit colors?

Zekes!

I might be shit outta luck on those vintage Dior loafers I posted a couple days back. They're a lot bigger than I had initially realized, and insoles and heel grips aren't doing jack. I can stuff the toe but that's a little uncomfortable. I'm a little choked 'cause I was so stoked on these shoes; last time I say "fuck it" and but something without much thought.

Boken

Banned
I might be shit outta luck on those vintage Dior loafers I posted a couple days back. They're a lot bigger than I had initially realized, and insoles and heel grips aren't doing jack. I can stuff the toe but that's a little uncomfortable. I'm a little choked 'cause I was so stoked on these shoes; last time I say "fuck it" and but something without much thought.

What size are they? The cost wasn't that much compared to the potential reward. I think you made the right choice.

Zekes!

What size are they? The cost wasn't that much compared to the potential reward. I think you made the right choice.

It's true, the only thing stopping me from being actually really upset is that both pairs were only $25 each. They're supposed to be a 7, though they seem more like an 7.5, or more probably an 8. Then again sizing changes over the years too.

I just never seem to have any luck when it comes to thrifting or buying used.

Zekes!

I'm pretty sure they're fake too, but whatever. I had tried to do research on them (via my iPhone) even before I bought them, but with little luck.

edit: maybe they're not actually

Zekes!

http://m.thecorner.com/us/?device=smartphone#/us/catalog/tcman/44387996

Kind of want or totally want I dunno

Which one mr zekes? Zebra or leopard?

You should totes cop those.

I'm leaning towards the zebra print, only because it's mostly black, and therefore more neutral and easier to incorporate. I'm thinking of saying "fuck it" and going with the leopard print ones, though.

How do you guys find clothes that go with these shoes?

It's just a matter of everything coming together naturally on it's own man

You should totes cop those.

I'm leaning towards the zebra print, only because it's mostly black, and therefore more neutral and easier to incorporate. I'm thinking of saying "fuck it" and going with the leopard print ones, though.
You should have a few beers and see how you feel. You'll probably end up going with the wilder choice and be happy with it.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Visceir

What kind of shoes?

shoes

Meant more for cold winters as they have a grey woolen padding inside and are REALLY warm. It's kinda neat as you can roll them down and change the look.

I think it has been more than 10 years now since I last wore a baseball cap, but I saw this one in a music video with "Dior Homie" written on front and actually thought it would be a cool novelty item to own and wear on rare occasions - was going to an extreme sport even that weekend and that would have been perfect for that. Unfonrtunately I found out it was custom made for the video and the only way to get one is to have one custom made for myself :(
diorhomie.jpg

Then, today, I saw this blog post:
AW12 Men’s Fashion Trend Preview: Baseball Caps

Blooper

Neo Member
Hey fashionGAF,
I am going to an underwear party in August and I was thinking about trying out a transparent mesh top. I was just wondering where I might find a yellow or green mesh shirt or tank top that kinda matches the trunks I plan on wearing below:

24600645_004_b

Or maybe let me know if this isn't the greatest idea.

bowery

So I got too fat for my size 28 petit standards and don't want to shell out 200$ for raw denim anymore, anyone have good denim reccomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom