• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

who is man enough?

I have a v-neck sweater pretty much the same color and love it.

511s are definitely skinny but they're not excessively tight

511's are my preffered type aswell. Just because I cant deal with all the excess material around my calfs.
I found a pair of GAP jeans and Uniqlo I bought maybe 4 years ago, tried them on and was just like "what the fuck was I thinking?"
Going to attempt to make them into half decent denim shorts for casual house/garden wear.

Just copped (are we still saying this?) some heather gray bowery pants from J. Crew. Probably the best fitting pants I've ever gotten without tailoring. I guess if I wanted I could get a slight taper down the ankles to make it look perfect.

MRORANGE

Anyone recommend a a good leather Satchel Bag?

It needs to hold a laptop 13 inch in size with cables, a camera (mirrorless/ smal dslr), and a textbook at most.

colour: might go for any but grey/brown/dark blue/green is a plus

zips: appreciated.

I had my eyes on this but I doubt it would fit my camera and laptop:

6tBmp.png

That's a rad look. I'm def feeling it.

I had been wanting to start take my wardrobe in a 'smarter' direction, but now I find myself wanting to head back to more a more "street" style. I might go shopping this weekend so we'll see what I pick up. I still want some loafers (that fit), and I'm not comfortable at this point ordering them online, so I might go and see if I can peep any women's loafers that might look more 'unisex' since my feet are so small.

I love your facial expressions.
Thanks, guys.

Nothing wrong with switching between styles. I'm trying to add a couple more street style looks into my wardrobe for Fall. Most of my stuff would be considered business casual/smarter looks right now.

I need a good black leather jacket though. Nothing fancy, not with a lot of pockets or epaulettes or anything, just some ribbed cuffs and a good fit. Anyone know if TOJ is back up yet?

usea

Question: with a thin, white button-up shirt if I skip the undershirt, my nipples show. If I wear an undershirt, the sleeves show. What should I do? Maybe there's like, a 'nude' colored undershirt?

edit: some places say to wear a light gray undershirt and it will blend in with my skin. My skin is not gray, so I am skeptical. I am white with light-ish skin.

Maybe I should just avoid getting shirts that thin? Sucks when buying online.

xJavonta

Banned
Found this site called Design by Humans and I'm loving a lot of the shirts on the site. I'm gonna pick up some stuff.

I'm not really a "fashion forward" person. I just wear what's comfortable to me (jeans, a tee, and some light shoes).

Einbroch

Banned
Alright GAF, might as well ask it here. I hate my hair. It's awful. It's wavy/curly, so it won't go straight. It's thick as hell so it won't lay flat. It's blonde but not blonde blonde. I have dandruff (luckily shampoo keeps it at bay).

ibwgVFAZSY9Fl3.png

There it is. What should I do? It's growing wings near my ears and starting to curl. Anything that requires straight hair is completely out.

Piecake

Alright GAF, might as well ask it here. I hate my hair. It's awful. It's wavy/curly, so it won't go straight. It's thick as hell so it won't lay flat. It's blonde but not blonde blonde. I have dandruff (luckily shampoo keeps it at bay).

ibwgVFAZSY9Fl3.png

There it is. What should I do? It's growing wings near my ears and starting to curl. Anything that requires straight hair is completely out.

Afro

ibwgVFAZSY9Fl3.png

Go to a great dresser, and ask them what they would do with it.

Also, what do you guys think about the Ray-Ban Signets?

http://www.ray-ban.com/_repository/_resources/_collections/Sun/RB3429/001/_large_760_430/001.png

I was looking into them, and my wayfarers fit well on my face but I feel they are too generic.

I know. But I'm not in the position to just stop using shampoo for two months (or more) while my hair acclimates.

Tried it for a few weeks last summer. Did crap.

I'm not saying to stop using shampoo altogether. Find a mild soap and use that a few times a week. Might be rough at first, but once your scalp stops the overproduction of sebum your dandruff should get better. I had dandruff as well. Dr Bronner's bar soap once or twice a week and it's gone. No dandruff, hair doesn't smell, I'm good. Use a decent conditioner every few days if you're afraid of smell.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm not saying to stop using shampoo altogether. Find a mild soap and use that a few times a week. Might be rough at first, but once your scalp stops the overproduction of sebum your dandruff should get better. I had dandruff as well. Dr Bronner's bar soap once or twice a week and it's gone. No dandruff, hair doesn't smell, I'm good. Use a decent conditioner every few days if you're afraid of smell.

Oh no, definitely not the smell. It just gets so dang greasy. It's gross. :(

usea

Found this site called Design by Humans and I'm loving a lot of the shirts on the site. I'm gonna pick up some stuff.

I'm not really a "fashion forward" person. I just wear what's comfortable to me (jeans, a tee, and some light shoes).
Just say no to graphic tees imo. Although DBH is one of the better sites for them I suppose.

so bought two square ties yesterday, one blue and one burgundy, will try to post pics later when i'm home. tried them on with a tip clip and they can look pretty smart/formal i think (depending on the rest of the outfit)

So, fashion gaf, I could use some tips.

Just picked up two suits for my law school OCI's. One navy blue Hugo Boss "modern fit" and one charcoal grey Calvin Klein "body fit"

Just need some good shoes, shirts, belts and ties to complete the look.

Any recommendations on some good quality stuff that won't break my bank account?

Trying to keep it simple and understated: plain white shirts, cap toe or plain oxfords with thick leather soles, and understated ties that aren't too bright or flashy. I'm a complete dummy when it comes to this stuff and anything I already know I learned from the internet.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So, fashion gaf, I could use some tips.

Just picked up two suits for my law school OCI's. One navy blue Hugo Boss "modern fit" and one charcoal grey Calvin Klein "body fit"

Just need some good shoes, shirts, belts and ties to complete the look.

Any recommendations on some good quality stuff that won't break my bank account?

Trying to keep it simple and understated: plain white shirts, cap toe or plain oxfords with thick leather soles, and understated ties that aren't too bright or flashy. I'm a complete dummy when it comes to this stuff and anything I already know I learned from the internet.

Don't forget a tie bar!

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Wow, awesome site. Seems the skinny ties are all 2.5" though? I just bought a bunch of 1.5" and 2" ones from amazon. Wish I had known about that site regardless.

You should subscribe to GQ. These random awesome websites are always featured in their magazines.

xJavonta

Banned
I said I'd upload a photo of myself but never did. Here's how I dress for suggestions, gaf.
I left my ugly mug out of the shot lol. The mirror is dirty because it's my parents' mirror. I don't have a full-body one.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Man Gaf,

I can't tell you how much I hate being short. I love slim cut styles when it comes to fashion, and it just never feels like I can pull it off. Tall dudes have it so much better.

Dude, short guys should only wear slim cut styles. :lol

It keeps up an illusion until taller people walk into a room. :\

I'm short and if my shit isn't slim I feel like I look tiny.

edit: Wait, you're 5' 9" and complaining about being short? Fuck you, I'm 5' 6". :|

xJavonta

Banned
Dude, short guys should only wear slim cut styles. :lol

It keeps up an illusion until taller people walk into a room. :\

I'm short and if my shit isn't slim I feel like I look tiny.

edit: Wait, you're 5' 9" and complaining about being short? Fuck you, I'm 5' 6". :|
Hahahahaha

I I'm only 5' 9", but I couldn't imagine being any shorter. No offense.

Dariee

I said I'd upload a photo of myself but never did. Here's how I dress for suggestions, gaf.

I left my ugly mug out of the shot lol. The mirror is dirty because it's my parents' mirror. I don't have a full-body one.
Plain shirt and plain trousers. I'd say, get some accessoires to 'customize' a bit more. Personal favorites would be scarf and bracelet, but it's up to you to decide, of course. Otherwise you could try a vest or something.

Or don't change anything at all if you don't want to, obviously. Cause first of all, you don't look 'bad' like that anyway. And secondly, even if I or anyone else thought you did, you should still flip the finger to that peer pressure and do whatever you like best. It's your body, your fashion and therefore your decision.

Alucrid

Banned

Other than the shoes it looks fine. Don't really like how they look and they look a bit flimsy.

I'm liking the look of these TOMS (pretty basic)
61%2BTUtHQOEL._SL500_.jpg

But at the same time, I'm considering getting just a pair of black boots (something I've needed for a while) as well as the gray jeans. Also need another black pair of jeans too. In other words, I'm thinking about my fall wardrobe.

I mainly wear contacts, but at the end of the day, I put on my glasses to rest my eyes and read. But my old pair is getting super old and it slumps on my face.

I want something more distinguished that I can wear to work once in a while. What do you guys think of these?

P87HR.jpg

(total price with lens - $115-150 depending on how thin I want my lens)

AND while I'm at it, I'll show you guys my latest pickups.

I just ordered these babies. Nike Killshot 2 from J. Crew. It's a simple summer shoe that goes with anything!

052712_jc_DOTWnike.jpg

Also got some Retro Super Futures for half price :)

I have glasses like those. Don't exactly know the name but those two tone ones ya? Anyway, people always comment on it even when I wear the scummiest clothes. In other words, I think it looks quite distinguished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom