• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

went out to buy a pair of Clarks desert boots, but copped these Rokin derbys instead today

jbfnK2QHOfNoi8.jpeg

Zekes!

Those are awesome. Are they a khaki color?

They're tan. It was a weird/great find; I was in a local skate/surf shop, Sitka (they have their own product line so give 'em a peep), (which is now part coffee shop) that I don't usually visit very often. Glad I decided to drop in today. I had never heard of Rokin before, but now they're definitely on my radar. The shoes feel great.

I think they're supposed to be women's, but they look unisex (edit: they're unisex, but women's sizes). Between these and the grey women's Nike boots I posted some pages back, I think I might be a lot more open to trying out women's shoes, especially due to my small feet.

Question: with a thin, white button-up shirt if I skip the undershirt, my nipples show. If I wear an undershirt, the sleeves show. What should I do? Maybe there's like, a 'nude' colored undershirt?

edit: some places say to wear a light gray undershirt and it will blend in with my skin. My skin is not gray, so I am skeptical. I am white with light-ish skin.

Maybe I should just avoid getting shirts that thin? Sucks when buying online.
Tanktops.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
'John Lennon'

Avoid.

Np then. Heh

2nd question, if anyone is good with jeans. Are any of the ones on sale at that site good? I've never bought a pair of pants online, but would like one other pair in my rotation. It was either that or go to the Mall next weekend.

Visceir

Did some random store browsing today and I think I might have found my jacket for fall...although it's difficult to justify buying it now in the current weather, haha.

IMG157.jpg
IMG156.jpg

Question: with a thin, white button-up shirt if I skip the undershirt, my nipples show. If I wear an undershirt, the sleeves show. What should I do? Maybe there's like, a 'nude' colored undershirt?

edit: some places say to wear a light gray undershirt and it will blend in with my skin. My skin is not gray, so I am skeptical. I am white with light-ish skin.

Maybe I should just avoid getting shirts that thin? Sucks when buying online.

I generally wear grey vans. So I usually wear a grey vneck under my button up. I typically wear black, white, or grey vnecks under any button ups depending on color. But, if you're wanting something to match ur skin where a nude colored shirt. But for your colored skin.. have you tried pink tshirt? it's not a bad color underneath a button up

Anyone have a suggestion for eyewear fashion? I'm tired of seeing all these people w Ray Ban's. Is this trendy? In black or black/crystal color?
http://www.bestimageoptical.net/dolabanyampliar.php?id=58

I'm 5'8" come at me bro.

Feels just right.

Man, I'm 5'8" and I feel short. But, people just one inch taller look tall as sh**

Noob question: What is the purpose of tie bars? Are they just an accesory to the tie?

Anyone have a suggestion for eyewear fashion? I'm tired of seeing all these people w Ray Ban's. Is this trendy? In black or black/crystal color?
http://www.bestimageoptical.net/dolabanyampliar.php?id=58

Man, I'm 5'8" and I feel short. But, people just one inch taller look tall as sh**

Noob question: What is the purpose of tie bars? Are they just an accesory to the tie?

I like those glasses. How come there are no prices?

You can also look into Moscot for that vintage look http://www.moscot.com/

usea

I generally wear grey vans. So I usually wear a grey vneck under my button up. I typically wear black, white, or grey vnecks under any button ups depending on color. But, if you're wanting something to match ur skin where a nude colored shirt. But for your colored skin.. have you tried pink tshirt? it's not a bad color underneath a button up
Ah, I hadn't considered that. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

What do you guys think of this for an office job or for an interview for such a role?
Personally I like the look. Not 100% sold on the tie, but the color is great imo. I need a matte belt like that.

Revoh

Skinny jeans wearers, what do you with your wallets?
I haven't used my wallet since january when I first bought a pair of slim jeans. My wallet is too big now and doesn't fit in my pocket. Is there something like a super slim basic wallet?

Obligatory video: George's Exploding Wallet

Wolfe

I haven't used my wallet since january when I first bought a pair of slim jeans. My wallet is too big now and doesn't fit in my pocket. Is there something like a super slim basic wallet?

I stopped using a wallet a while back even though (also partially due to the fact that) I only had a few things in it. I've been thinking about getting some type of money clip or something but for the moment I just keep my license/debit card/cash in my front pocket and anything else I keep in my chrome or messenger bag.

Really just got tired of sitting on the damn thing.

mooooose

Has anyone here ever screen printed? I haven't. I have a couple ideas for a brand, conceptually, but not many designs or where to go with it. I really think, conceptually, I'm on to something good. At least I will find it interesting and fun. I do have one idea in mind for a t-shirt. I do not know how to screen print. I would only like to do about 20 shirts and give them to friends.

Alucrid

Banned
Has anyone here ever screen printed? I haven't. I have a couple ideas for a brand, conceptually, but not many designs or where to go with it. I really think, conceptually, I'm on to something good. At least I will find it interesting and fun. I do have one idea in mind for a t-shirt. I do not know how to screen print. I would only like to do about 20 shirts and give them to friends.

I have. We did the method of printing out the design on that clear paper, using a lightbulb to burn it into some special paste on the screen then just wiping the ink through the screen onto the shirt.

rozay

Banned

Bought one of these cardholders before they got popular and jacked the prices up. Depending on how tight your jeans are you might want something smaller though, I love the size though.

Like Wolfe, I no longer carry a wallet. Money and essential cards (ID, debit) go in my front pocket.

As for slim wallets, you can get a credit card holder, which is basically leather with a pocket on each side. They aren't meant for your back pocket though, as they provide no support to keep cards from bending and eventually cracking. Just stick everything in your front pocket.

blixa

Banned

don't listen to the rest.
anyone calling it man purse is immature.
there are agressive, yet minimal and beautiful bags out there.

otherwise, of course there exist thin wallets.
keep looking.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So anyone have a recommendation for some nice shoes then? I figure something with a bit of colour would be nice, but I don't know much. I'm not a fan though of the ultra bright ones that look like clown shoes.

I guess I'd just like some casual ones.

Did some random store browsing today and I think I might have found my jacket for fall...although it's difficult to justify buying it now in the current weather, haha.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/gotty_02/IMG157.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/gotty_02/IMG156.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I like it. Got a link?

Necrovex

So anyone have a recommendation for some nice shoes then? I figure something with a bit of colour would be nice, but I don't know much. I'm not a fan though of the ultra bright ones that look like clown shoes.

I guess I'd just like some casual ones.

I've been needing to pick up shoes too. So, I'll be keeping an eye on your post and whoever responds to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom