• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Guys, which colour looks best?

6822925763_6360937878_z.jpg

Orange (or gold, whatever that is). Way more versatile than I think a lot of people give it credit for.

Decided I'd be buying a nice floral print shirt this year. Bit the bullet yesterday

This was a good decision.

Fritz

Man I really want a floral shirt too, but I'm not sure about a overly cartoony look

perhaps those mini floral patterns

I've been looking for one too! Really hard to come by a classic one if you don't want to pay 200 EUR. It's either short sleeved or has outrageous patterns or awful fabric. It looks idiotic if it's only a half-assed H&M effort imo. So I am just gonna skip on this trend if I dont find something appropriate, like this one from a Monocle fashion spread:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna talk expensive jewelry, or should I find another thread to talk about expensive jewelry? This is mostly clothes, but jewelry has its place so I figured I'd ask.

I'm looking to pick up a nice looking tennis bracelet, with some diamonds in it - considering this:

T2gvQ.jpg

It runs me approx
so I'm a little hesitant, and I'm not sure I like how thick the borders of the white gold are - kind of takes away from the flash of the diamonds.

Vek

Hoping to get some opinions on the leather trim colours of the following bags. (click pictures for product links)
I'm graduating soon, and looking for something I can wear to work but also out and about casually. I like the brown trim for its fresher, youthful look but the black just looks classier to me - especially with how the brass bits 'pop' a bit more. Should also mention that the interior lining is a rather bright red, so the contrast is exaggerated more with the black.

Zeppelin

Hoping to get some opinions on the leather trim colours of the following bags. (click pictures for product links)

I'm graduating soon, and looking for something I can wear to work but also out and about casually. I like the brown trim for its fresher, youthful look but the black just looks classier to me - especially with how the brass bits 'pop' a bit more. Should also mention that the interior lining is a rather bright red, so the contrast is exaggerated more with the black.

I'm looking for the exact thing! Of the ones you posted I prefer the brown one.

Personally I'm pretty tempted on pulling the trigger on this one though:

Visceir

Shoes. They were -20% in the first store, found them for -50% in the other store, guess I'm gonna have to buy them now.

IMG185.jpg

IMG188.jpg

IMG186.jpg

Summer seems to be the worst time of the year for men's fashion. Can't really do much more than shorts and a t shirt. I'd imagine no woman in existence has ever been attracted by cargo shorts...

Summer seems to be the worst time of the year for men's fashion. Can't really do much more than shorts and a t shirt. I'd imagine no woman in existence has ever been attracted by cargo shorts...

If you only dress to get women you probably don't dress very well. Not saying this is you.

Alucrid

Banned

Take a seat 'cause i might be blowing your mind right here

there are other shorts that exist besides cargo shorts

TxdoHawk

I'd say the companies agree, given I am already getting emails about fall clothes...speaking of, Land's End Canvas doesn't make chinos in 36x34 anymore! Grah. They told me they'd "pass my comment on to their designer" but I expect this was cost-cutting and therefore jack shit will happen. :/

Salazar

Apolis green blazer arrived. Very nice. Thrilled with it. Fit is generous, but I will ordinarily be wearing layers underneath.

Sleeves need to come up about an inch and a half. Seems to be a thing with their stuff, or with my arms.

mooooose

What are some cheaper alternatives to Alden boots? I'm looking for a similar quality but for at least slightly cheaper. Looking to spend $200 to $250. I'm new to this. I'm exiting the sneaker game for good and really want to make a sharp transition. If nothing good can be found for that price I'm willing to go to $300 to $350.

zethren

Banned
Recommendations on a pair of boots for the fall season? Budget for this caps out around $75-$100. Have to pick up a new jacket as well, but I'll be doing some store browsing for that soon enough.

GorillaJu

What are some cheaper alternatives to Alden boots? I'm looking for a similar quality but for at least slightly cheaper. Looking to spend $200 to $250. I'm new to this. I'm exiting the sneaker game for good and really want to make a sharp transition. If nothing good can be found for that price I'm willing to go to $300 to $350.

What in particular do you like about Alden? Is it the shell cordovan you want or is it the fit?

Personally never latched on to that trend. I'd rather just get something with a bit more style like Tricker's or Walk-Overs, or step up a level to Crockett & Jones or even better, Vass. Someone did a big order for Vass shoes awhile ago so I got in on it with the weak Hungarian forint and landed a custom pair on the banana last (blocky double-soled, like Alden) for about 600 USD which is very, very cheap for Vass.

vass for 6 bills.

blah i need to lurk MC more often.

and yeah, I think alden makes a good product, but the aesthetic never did it for me. the plaza last stuff maybe, but you might as well go crockett & jones at those price points.

i have some testoni norvegese on my shortlist. that's about as chunky as I wanna get.

Zeppelin

At that price point, isn't the Loake 1880 series pretty much your only option if you want decent quality?

GorillaJu

vass for 6 bills.

and yeah, I think alden makes a good product, but the aesthetic never did it for me. the plaza last stuff maybe, but you might as well go crockett & jones at those price points.

i have some testoni norvegese on my shortlist. that's about as chunky as I wanna get.

It was a few years ago. Pretty sure the Forint is still really weak, but shipping alone runs like $100 usd. Hard to get enough people on board to make an order worth while.

Finally found a good decent fedora.

T46943001_050_main_large.jpg

Those things are super rare around Copenhagen.

Alright guys, I'm looking for a black leather baseball style jacket. Something similar to this:

041.jpg

No fancy pockets, no epaulettes, no hoods, just ribbed cuffs and a zip front. Any recommendations?

Hello.

I may have something that might interest you. It doesnt exactly fit the criteria but it might still be something for you. Thought of your post when I saw it.

T45842001_050_main_large.jpg
T45842001_050_lookbook_large.jpg

Its by Tiger of Sweden. They got some other nifty stuff, so you could try hitting them up.

Alucrid

Banned
vass for 6 bills.

I'm quite glad now that I never bought a pair, no doubt I'd be trying to sell them right now. Probably gonna wait and see what attachment has this season, otherwise I'll look at guidis or just stop at nordstroms and try out some butteros.

I'm quite glad now that I never bought a pair, no doubt I'd be trying to sell them right now. Probably gonna wait and see what attachment has this season, otherwise I'll look at guidis or just stop at nordstroms and try out some butteros.
Damn, the goth ninjas are claiming another....

Zilch

Banned
Apolis green blazer arrived. Very nice. Thrilled with it. Fit is generous, but I will ordinarily be wearing layers underneath.

Sleeves need to come up about an inch and a half. Seems to be a thing with their stuff, or with my arms.

what size did you buy/how tall are you? i've been interested in Apolis stuff for awhile but it's hard to find in-store in NYC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna talk expensive jewelry, or should I find another thread to talk about expensive jewelry? This is mostly clothes, but jewelry has its place so I figured I'd ask.

I'm looking to pick up a nice looking tennis bracelet, with some diamonds in it - considering this:

T2gvQ.jpg

It runs me approx
so I'm a little hesitant, and I'm not sure I like how thick the borders of the white gold are - kind of takes away from the flash of the diamonds.

No opinions at all? Do you guys not wear jewelry?

I've been waffling on getting that piece above, and instead looking at this.

vM1uK.jpg

It's a little more than $3500 but I like the look better than the one up top.

GorillaJu

Damn, the goth ninjas are claiming another....

KuGsj.gif

The "heavy" aesthetic (aka goth ninja) is well on its way out here in Japan. The workwear wave has become a bit more nautical and ivy than before, but even Attachment, N Hoolywood, Lad, et al are shifting over to a lighter style. It's a lot more convergent than before.

I think the F/W KK Attachment stuff looks really, really nice. Can't wait for more of it to start coming in. The fabrics are Jil-esque.

I thought (recent) fujiwara did a pretty good job doing vaguely preppy Americana in a neat edgy manner, but I just found out they dumped the guy and hired the former Versace jeans designer. So yeah, that's dead.

I would like to try more lad/hoolywood/etc, or even juun, I just have no idea what size I am or where to get most of it.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah. I'm hoping for some nice black back or side zips from attachment. Otherwise it's some reverse calf from guidu. Maybe I'll allay Macs fears and just grab some more mmm lol

At least you have nothing to fear in the summer. Too hot for black

GorillaJu

I thought (recent) fujiwara did a pretty good job doing vaguely preppy Americana in a neat edgy manner, but I just found out they dumped the guy and hired the former Versace jeans designer. So yeah, that's dead.

I would like to try more lad/hoolywood/etc, or even juun, I just have no idea what size I am or where to get most of it.

I can proxy, so getting it wouldn't be a problem, it would just be paying the insane yen/dollar exchange rate that would make it a hassle. Juun J I could swear there was a store in New York that had their stuff, though I can't recall which it was. The cheap won made it very affordable. They might have dropped him since almost everything was on a deep sale, I can't imagine his stuff sold very well in the states as I think it's rather over-designed and doesn't fit the aesthetic of other designers he seems to want to be associated with.

I really like Frank Leder these days, too.

Yeah, frank leder is making nice stuff. Ive really liked what I've seen of John Lawrence Sullivan and Tim coppens and I know h Lorenzo carries the former at least.

I might hit up rakuten and take you up on that proxy offer hah.

Finally found a good decent fedora.

http://static.tigerofsweden.com/static/img/catalog/TIGER/large/T46943001_050_main_large.jpg[/*IMG]

Those things are super rare around Copenhagen.

Hello.

I may have something that might interest you. It doesnt exactly fit the criteria but it might still be something for you. Thought of your post when I saw it.

[IMG]http://static.tigerofsweden.com/static/img/catalog/TIGER/large/T45842001_050_main_large.jpg[/*IMG][IMG]http://static.tigerofsweden.com/static/img/catalog/TIGER/large/T45842001_050_lookbook_large.jpg[/*IMG]

Its by Tiger of Sweden. They got some other nifty stuff, so you could try hitting them up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, that jacket isn't bad. Unfortunately the epaulettes kind of kill it for me, but regardless thanks for reminding me of Tiger of Sweden. I forgot they make some pretty quality stuff.

Also that fedora is straight out of Breaking Bad.

Antagon

Ran into some fantastic Santoni loafers in an outlet store today, priced down to 100 euros. Of course, only available in huge sizes. Better luck next time I guess.

Alucrid

Banned
Edit: I'll try and be less of a dick and more constructive with my help. A velvet jacket like that doesn't have much flexibility. I'd say if you were going to get one get it in black or a dark blue and only wear it on evenings out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom