• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblitek

Enron said:
The most popular place to order Aldens from online seems to be Shoemart.

403's all the way. The 403s are the chromexcel ones. The 405s are a bit on the redder side - stick with the brown of the 403s.

If you want 403s, it might be worth it to wait for a jcrew coupon. The JCrew Indys are essentially the 403s with some different stitching, and sometimes the JCrew coupons can be applied to Aldens (usually collab merchandise is off-limits for coupon codes).

Sweet Jesus, they are $520 on J. Crew and they only have the 405's. Shoemart has them for $435.

How do these fit? Half size bigger? Smaller? Does Shoemart ever have sales?

Enron

Banned
mblitek said:
Sweet Jesus, they are $520 on J. Crew and they only have the 405's. Shoemart has them for $435.

How do these fit? Half size bigger? Smaller? Does Shoemart ever have sales?

They run large, so if you wear a 10 normally, go with a 9.5, etc. etc.
Shoemart? Sales? lol. They DO have a list of factory seconds they get that they offer at significant discounts, but getting on their email list is apparently as lengthy a process as getting an account approved on GAF.

Well, I did say to WAIT on a coupon. Sometimes the JCrew 25% or 30% coupon codes work on Alden stuff. 520 now for Indys? JCrew has raised their prices, wow.

Edit: they are 450 on JCrew. And even though it says "405", these are closer to 403s.

So I got tired of the sweat stains my backpack ruins me with while I'm on campus, so I got a Kenneth Cole Reaction attache/messenger bag. Looks so clean... gonna rock the hell out of it with my pseudo-frat prep look I've got going.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Doytch said:
You might also want to check the JCrew factory stuff. They've got a marled charcoal suit that I've read good things about for under $200 if you use the MUSTSHOP code for 30% off.

e: Dug out the link for ya.

Thanks for posting that. Just ordered one.

Anyone have a recommendation for a pair of brown, burgandy or cordovan wingtips around $100?

Rookje

Thoughts on this jacket?

barrelblaster1_1.jpg

What's people's opinion on buying ties on eBay? They are pretty cheap but I'm afraid I'm going to get knock or fake brands? Speaking of which what are people's favorite brands? I tend to learn towards Geoffrey Beene.

Also a lot of my casual clothes comes from J. Crew. Now I'm not complaining about that as it's pretty nice stuff but it is literally the only place my Mom buys clothes at for my brothers and I. I sometimes get concerned that people notice everything I wear is from one store...

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Dr. Feel Good said:
What's people's opinion on buying ties on eBay? They are pretty cheap but I'm afraid I'm going to get knock or fake brands? Speaking of which what are people's favorite brands? I tend to learn towards Geoffrey Beene.

Also a lot of my casual clothes comes from J. Crew. Now I'm not complaining about that as it's pretty nice stuff but it is literally the only place my Mom buys clothes at for my brothers and I. I sometimes get concerned that people notice everything I wear is from one store...
I don't really ever wear ties, but I really like The Hill-Side's ties. http://www.woodlandsshop.com/collections/the-hill-side

Band of Outsiders also has some decent ties-- there was a BoO sale on Gilt today, they might have some ties at a discount right now.

Enron

Banned
Dr. Feel Good said:

Buying ties on ebay is awesome. Its how i've gotten most of mine. You buy a lot of em for cheap, sift through the nasty ones and toss em and keep the few gems. I've picked up tons of Brooks Bros ties off the 'bay in this manner.

FashionGAF,

I need your help!

Eid-ul-fitr is coming up and I'll be heading over to my fiancee's to meet her and her mother for lunch and dinner. It's a casual event but I would still like to look my best.

I bought this top from FCUK (Shirt) but in orange and these pair of jeans from hollisters (link).

Could fashionGAF recommend a pair of shoes and a jacket to go with this?

Black Label has been turning to shit the last few years, with their dragon bro-shirts and etc, but this just killed it. At least their suits are still good.

mblitek

l1nkown said:
Anyone know where this kid got that hoodie?

There are two places that come to mind:

Need Supply Co. - Sometimes quite expensive but really unique clothing.

80's Purple - More hip hop styled clothing but some unique stuff as well. They also have really good sales.

macuser1of5 said:
Black Label has been turning to shit the last few years, with their dragon bro-shirts and etc, but this just killed it. At least their suits are still good.

I got a wicked deal on Black Label from Giltman last year, nice poplin styled button up shirt and a woolish type "cargo" pant. Both were regularly $450 each and Gilt had them for $70 each :)

YagizY

How do you guys feel about Tortoise shell glasses on a person with dark features. I've always worn black-framed glasses and I want to change it up. They will be what I wear pretty much every day. Will it be difficult to coordinate outfits with them or could I just wear whatever I want with them (like I could with black ones). Here are the glasses:

Persol-2880V-eyeglasses-24.jpg

Desi

It is not even baggy, just a full fit with flared legs.
Hieberrr said:
and I MUST HAVE IT! I can't seem to find a place to actually order it. I don't want any knock-off/low quality things. I'm not even sure if this is a legit Gucci make to begin with. But if anybody knows where I can find a tie similar to this, please let me know!
ew don't get a matching set. call a gucci store, they would be happy to ship something you ordered over the phone.

Enron

Banned
Hieberrr said:
Guys, I am in search of a new tie!
I came across this: http://www.luxuriesmall.com/gucci-uk-exclusive-strip-tie-ga

409_p.jpg

and I MUST HAVE IT! I can't seem to find a place to actually order it. I don't want any knock-off/low quality things. I'm not even sure if this is a legit Gucci make to begin with. But if anybody knows where I can find a tie similar to this, please let me know!

There's nothing special about that tie. It does look nice, but those colors and stripe patterns are pretty standard. You can literally find something very similar at any menswear shop.

Hieberrr said:

409_p.jpg

and I MUST HAVE IT! I can't seem to find a place to actually order it. I don't want anyr knock-off/low quality things. I'm not even sure if this is a legit Gucci make to begin with. But if anybody knows where I can find a tie similar to this, please let me know!
The GG logo looks old/fake as fuck. Probably some licensed shit from years ago. The website called cheapguccioutletbags........

Also, don't buy a designer repp tie, of all things. Most designer ties are made like shit relative to their MSRP so only do so if there is something special about the print or design. Brooks Brothers, Ben Silver, J Press or Polo will have something that is made a lot better for roughly the same price.

Whoever posted that Gucci link, I went and saw some sweet sunglasses but I'm always skeptical to buy sunglasses online because I feel like I need to wear them before buying but these prices are pretty damn good. What are people's thoughts on these three pairs?

Gucci%20Large%20Aviator%20Frame%20Sunglasses%20with%20Gucci%20Logo%20238124%20in%20Turquoise%20901.jpg

Gucci%20Large%20Aviator%20Frame%20Sunglasses%20with%20Gucci%20Logo%20238124%20in%20Black%20900.jpg

181_p.jpg

Hieberrr said:

409_p.jpg

I can give you probably better constructed ties, but they are also more expensive. There will always be Drake's with a version made of Shantung! Sam Hober is a bespoke tie maker, one that Styleforum loves and is a damn great deal for $75.

Sean2 said:
Can anyone speak for Earnest Sewn Jeans? Always wondered about the quality...
They look good on my wife. Made well in the US (at least the ones she has) but nothing special. Their men's washes are kind of eeehh.

entremet

So what are you guys getting this fall?

I'll probably get some Clark's in suede and more pants--wool flannels and moleskines. Maybe a nice corduroy sports jacket too. God, I love fall clothing.

entrement said:
So what are you guys getting this fall?

I'll probably get some Clark's in suede and more pants--wool flannels and moleskines. Maybe a nice corduroy sports jacket too. God, I love fall clothing.
Similar things, really. I want some nice, thick, wool pants with a modern cut. Hopefully I can find something nice, heh.

Visceir

Got a new pair of shoes. Wouldn't mind having a new leather jacket but I imagine it'll be rather impossible to find one for a reasonable price.

quick and dirty pic:
DSC_0661.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom