• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAQL and Inafune's KAIO: King of the Pirates (3DS) may still exist

First, MarvelousAQL do list the game still on their website (and the official game website) to be coming next year:

http://www.maql.co.jp/product/kaio/en/index.html

Second, back in March, Inafune confirmed the game is indeed being released worldwide, so it wasn't that long ago we last heard of it, if anyone has anything more recent, please provide it. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/inafune-on-the-sad-state-of-japanese-gaming-6365702

GS: Can we expect a worldwide release for King of Pirates?

KI: Of course.

Also another online 3DS game from MarvelousAQL still yet to be even fully unveiled is Dragon Marked for Death by Inti Creates:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/0...-online-game-for-nintendo-3ds-in-development/

Recently, the producer of the game and Rune Factory is speeding up preparations for a brand-new game, most likely DMFD:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/08/yeah-marvelous-aql-will-make-rune-factory-5/

Show us the games MAQL! :D

So like the newest info you have is from August? : /

The thread was made for KAIO, which fell off the map long ago, I just saw that the website is showing a 2013 year for it, I am certain that it was originally set for 2012, if it was still showing that date, that would have raised many eyebrows.

I added DMFD as that got little exposure here, and just adding it for extra discussion purposes.

Famitsu apparently has the scoop on a big new game next week, I hope it's DMFD, but I'm doubtful, I've got a hunch it's going to be MAQL's main MH clone. Valhalla Knights, especially Eldar Saga on Wii was kinda designed as such, but it's a very underwhelming series, this is a good chance for a proper clone.

And I just realized, Inti Creates was founded by Capcom folks, now they're more than likely the classic Mega Man team since they've made most of the recent handheld ones, but still, Capcom wasn't born a MH company. :p

Also that Crafts & Meister, who made Earth Seeker, was co-founded by the producer of the original MH, so that kinda shows in ES, well it's more like Xenoblade, but still, it's like a combination of both at least at first glance.

Okay, just how many Capcom defect companies are there? Inti Creates, Crafts & Meister, Arika (not only made Endless Ocean, but also Mega Man: Network Transmission on GC, go figure), who else?

Oh yeah, Inafune's company(ies), also behind Soul Sacrifice (which I guess is a MH clone, but extremely dark).

But I can't help but be psyched for DMFD based on what we know and the name, don't keep us hanging!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, just how many Capcom defect companies are there? Inti Creates, Crafts & Meister, Arika (not only made Endless Ocean, but also Mega Man: Network Transmission on GC, go figure), who else?

How could you talk about Capcom defect companies and not mention Platinum Games?!

How could you talk about Capcom defect companies and not mention Platinum Games?!

*shoots self, begs for forgiveness from Kamiya*

I probably forgot them because I thought of Clover as it's own thing rather than part of Capcom, hell what other actual teams at Capcom got their own name?

*shoots self, begs for forgiveness from Kamiya*

I probably forgot them because I thought of Clover as it's own thing rather than part of Capcom, hell what other actual teams at Capcom got their own name?
There's also Nudemaker, Whopee Camp (RIP), Game Republic (RIP) Dimps, Neuron Age, Comcept and probably some others that are slipping my mind.

There's also Nudemaker, Whopee Camp (RIP), Game Republic (RIP) Dimps, Neuron Age, Comcept and probably some others that are slipping my mind.

Dimps does count, but they were also co-founded by SNK folks right? I know the creator(s) of SF are there. Game Republic was founded by at least one Capcom person, true.

The others I didn't know, and Comcept was mentioned when I brought up Inafune's companies, which are Intercept and Comcept, what's the difference?

Refugio

Dimps does count, but they were also co-founded by SNK folks right? I know the creator(s) of SF are there. Game Republic was founded by at least one Capcom person, true.

The others I didn't know, and Comcept was mentioned when I brought up Inafune's companies, which are Intercept and Comcept, what's the difference?

There are also some flagship(They were owned by Capcom right?) staff at engines. Don't know if it was founded by them though.

There are also some flagship(They were owned by Capcom right?) staff at engines. Don't know if it was founded by them though.

I forgot Flagship was a Capcom team, they seemed more like a second-party Nintendo developer than a Capcom group.

So Clover and Flagship were named Capcom teams. Yeah, not sure if Engines was founded by ex-members, but the director of the Flagship Zelda games is now an honorary member of EAD, he directed Skyward Sword.

Engines did work with HAL on Kirby Mass Attack.

But do we still care?

And speaking of Marvelous: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/1...ks-to-rune-factory-4-and-senran-kagura-burst/

Great results thanks to Senran Kagura Burst and Rune Factory 4.

Funny enough, they don't have more games announced for the 3DS (except for two vaporwares, listed in the OP).

They do have many games for Vita, probably thanks to a good relationship with Sony (Soul Sacrifice, Senran Kagura Shinovi, Valhalla Knights 3, Muramasa).

Top Bottom