• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes April 14th

allan-bh

He never said if Bloodborne sells 375k physical copies, just if it's above 375k. So if someone leaks digital sales ratio with physical on the NPD threads, I would assume it would still count no?

He talked about NPD number on first month, what is physical copies only.

Where's the March hype at?! Dullest prediction thread I've seen in a long while - or is that simply because we likely know the outcome, for the most part.

Where's the March hype at?! Dullest prediction thread I've seen in a long while - or is that simply because we likely know the outcome, for the most part.

Probably, we all know the outcome so no one is making bets or fighting about being right or wrong. Makes people not want to join in the thread.

Welfare

Were NPD threads this calm during the PS360 era?

Seeing as people routinely knew the result as 360 was generally dominating the USA and PS3 being more of a ROTW console?

It was more of the Wii dominating than the 360 really. 360 didn't start to dominate the US until 2011

Chobel

Damn it Sangetsu-II! You really want me to eat that hat. But no, I'm talking about NPD results = Retail sales in US.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Yeah. Kinect gave such a huge boost for 360...

Xbox 360 holiday sales 2006-2014 in the USA

Holiday 2006: 1.6m
Holiday 2007: 2.0m
Holiday 2008: 2.3m
Holiday 2009: 2.1m
Holiday 2010: 3.2m (Kinect launch $150)
Holiday 2011: 3.4m
Holiday 2012: 2.7m (Kinect price drop $109)
Holiday 2013: 1.3m
Holiday 2014: 0.6m

*Holiday season is November through December.

The most exciting thing about this months NPD is Bloodborne numbers. We all know PS4 kicked the XB1's ass yet again, it has gotten pretty predictable. Unless Sony announces either a pricecut at Gamescom or goes head to head with MS in holiday bundle's, the results for 10 months of the year will be PS4 outsells XB1.

LOL! But really, it's obvious I was only talking about NPD results.

NPD Results can include digital sales, just look at Feb NPD results we got both retail and digital sale numbers from MH4 Ultimate, those are NPD Results. I think its fair game, we'll have to wait for tomorrow though, prepare your hat just in case lol.

Welfare

NPD Results can include digital sales, just look at Feb NPD results we got both retail and digital sale numbers from MH4 Ultimate, those are NPD Results. I think its fair game, we'll have to wait for tomorrow though, prepare your hat just in case lol.

Those were supplemented by Nintendo though.

You will get no hat eating.

Chobel

Like Welfare said, these didn't come from NPD, it was from Nintendo. No hats will be eaten

Chobel

You really don't want to eat your hat do you? lol

I'll gladly eat my hat if BB sells that well, the game deserves it and more. Unfortunately one of the realities of the market is that hard games like BB are just not that popular.

Yes, I don't want to eat any hat :p

Welfare

Will there be a PR statement from Microsoft?
What will be the spin?
Will they already start mentioning Halo 5?

"Momentum was good. The third week of March was 2x that of the first week of February."

"Halo 5 was the most pre-ordered MS first party exclusive this month. #HUNTTHETRUTH"

Cess007

What will be the spin?

I think nothing will beat the spin of last month about people using Live 3 times more the amount of using other social networks, or something like that. I made me lol so hard

What will be the spin?

-"Xbox One’s fan base continues to grow with record March sales in the U.S. for Xbox One with more consoles sold compared to March 2014 with great games like Ori and The Blind Forest and Screamride. With great games on the horizon like The Witcher 3 and offerings like The Master Chief Collection Bundle and the hundreds of new ID@Xbox games in development, with plans to make gaming even better on Windows 10 and Xbox...blah blah blah PR SPIN!"

Something like that I guess.

Edit:
Aaron Greenburg: "It's Pre-season, it doesn't matter"

ZhugeEX

Banned
What will be the spin?

I'm calling it now, we'll get some random fact like "10,000,000 bullets fired in Halo since launch" or "Gamers spent cumulative 100,000 hours on Xbox Live this month".

Microsoft will say something how momentum is good off the back of the price drop.
Sony will talk about how they didn't lose so much money like last time they released a console.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Yes I know I have an obsession with graphs and charts....

USLTD_zpshwyinplm.jpg

Top Bottom