• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes April 14th

Hate to break it to you but ...
CCvKNKOWgAA4WCS.jpg

Posted by the official Brazilian PlayStation Twitter account

but you will still be able to play the game thru EA access on the Xbox one first

In a year without a Halo release, you may see Microsoft try to get another shooter like Star Wars Battlefront.

Not in a year with Halo though.

You have those out of order, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Battlefront outsells Halo...by a good margin.

I believe Welfare was referring to the relative importance of the three games for Microsoft. Halo is number one, over everything, to Microsoft.

blakep267

Star Wars marketing is kinda pointless. Battlefront isn't like watchdogs. It's a shooter that's gonna sell gangbusters regardless of who markets it. Plus Ms has halo and COD and division and probably Tr during that time period. Can't market everything

OH MAN

I am SO getting my Star Wars SE PS4. Will trade in my current one and pay whatever extra I need.

White PS4 please! The middle LED could be shaped like a lightsabre!!

Star Wars + NMS = sci-fi epicness this holiday season

I once thought PS4 could hit 22 million this year. I am now firmly in that camp and think it could go as high as 25 million sold this year if this deal ends up being for real and they have a big marketing campaign with bundles and all that jazz. Forget about it.

Battlefront releases on November 17th, and Halo 5 on October 27th.

You really think that MS (but particularly EA) have any interest in having a marketing deal with the 3rd FPS competitor in the same 3 week window, when Sony would give it a full push for the whole month?
They are working on revolutionary Halo-Battlefield-Crossplay. With Hololens support. You just wait.

Jokes aside: A marketing deal with Star Wars is worth 10 timed exclusive Tomb Raiders.
Who is responsible for these marketing deals? Mattrick? Or Spencer as Chief of Gaming Stuff in his old position?
They let slip Star Wars and Batman in the same year? And come with Tomb Raider and The Division?
This gen Redmond is clueless from start to finish.

OH MAN

I am SO getting my Star Wars SE PS4. Will trade in my current one and pay whatever extra I need.

White PS4 please! The middle LED could be shaped like a lightsabre!!

imagine 2 models, one that is white with a blue light/lightsaber and some jedi design and then a black model with a vader mask or something faceplate and a red led/lightsaber part

GnawtyDog

Banned
You have those out of order, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Battlefront outsells Halo...by a good margin.

That's a forgone conclusion, nothing there to even consider a surprise. The game has to be broken on release, review poorly for it to perform badly. I don't see that happening. Sony's is after another Destiny. If they get that in Battlefront, it don't matter if Halo, Lara and COD gang up.

blakep267

They are working on revolutionary Halo-Battlefield-Crossplay. With Hololens support. You just wait.

Jokes aside: A marketing deal with Star Wars is worth 10 timed exclusive Tomb Raiders.
Who is responsible for these marketing deals? Mattrick? Or Spencer as Chief of Gaming Stuff in his old position?
They let slip Star Wars and Batman in the same year? And come with Tomb Raider and The Division?
This gen Redmond is clueless from start to finish.
Treyarch COD is bigger than them all. Even Star Wars.

Delay Halo and all is fine. I am sure it can use some polishing time anyway.

No way Halo gets delayed. It's pretty much tattoo'ed in Phil's arm at this point.
If Sony has the marketing deal and they do a SW bundle, i hope it's a white PS4 with no branding whatsoever. Just plain white.
I just hope they don't do the Star Wars 360 is all :p

Wouldn't mind a Millennium Falcon-looking PS4 though.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I think it should have been obvious Sony was able to nab the DICE SW deal, especially after DICE has been making all those unprofessional jabs and MS and how DICE literally said they were basing their entire development pipeline off of mantle and PS4 architecture going forward after BF4 in their GDC slides

The other sellers must be making good sales now that Amazon isn't selling it. Still amazing to see it ranking ahead.

at one point it was sold out across the board. If you clicked into it you could only buy it used or front another person selling it (not even available through Amazon affiliated retailers).

Boke1879

Star Wars marketing is kinda pointless. Battlefront isn't like watchdogs. It's a shooter that's gonna sell gangbusters regardless of who markets it. Plus Ms has halo and COD and division and probably Tr during that time period. Can't market everything

It's about pushing consoles. If Sony has a bundle with this game day 1. They'll move millions of units based off the SW hype alone.

Welfare

Wouldnt MS market tomb raider more because their footing the marketing bill and it's a high profile exclusive?

If Microsoft nabbed Battlefront marketing, I was saying it would be third fiddle to the other 2 FPS's.

Is it? What do the wise men here say? I have no idea to be honest.
There has not been a Battlefield for a long, long time. So we have no real clue how big this will be.
Treyarch CoD is pretty hype, and with Black Ops 3, I think it'll do more than Battlefront. Also Battlefront is current gen only while BO3 is cross gen.

Also that the film comes out in December. So, Star Wars marketing will be all over the globe, including happy meals.
Nice cross-promo Sony is getting.

Late prediction. It's a tradition of mine. I never really participate in the actual predictions until after it closes.

The main reason being that I don't care for anything other than PS4 and One. Its why you never see me in the rankings that donny does.

edit: geez guys I always do this. Come on, I don't have access to NPD!

ha, i used to post only PS4/Bone results too but to get counted by Donny now i just do a vodooish math using the last 10 post i can see when on the reply page lol

Treyarch CoD is pretty hype, and with Black Ops 3, I think it'll do more than Battlefront. Also Battlefront is current gen only while BO3 is cross gen.
I see, thanks for explaining. But when BO3 is cross gen, theoretically a current gen only game in roundabout the same ballpark as BO3 is more valuable for a manufacturer who wants to sell his new consoles. Right?

Top Bottom