• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes April 14th

Pick your poison

5uD5pvv.png

7RBjGUT.png

Crowmatic Abberations.

LOL! In Amazon hourly charts
MCC bundle: #29
PS4: #31

April NPD should be interesting :p

Amazon hourly charts:
PS4: #26 (even when it's sold out at Amazon....)
Xbox One: #30

Amazon April charts:
PS4: #16
PS4 Batman CE: #25
Xbox One MCC: #38
Xbox One AC: #55

btw.
Nobody should care about Amazon's "hourly charts".

SDCowboy

Wow, the sold out (at Amazon) stand alone PS4 is currently ranking ahead of the MCC Bone bundle on Amazon? Impressive.

Javin98

Banned
The other sellers must be making good sales now that Amazon isn't selling it. Still amazing to see it ranking ahead.
PS4 needs neither games nor stock to outsell the XB1 XD
On a more serious note, because of the stand alone PS4 getting replaced, Amazon may not be such a good indication of sales for April.

truth411

Tomorrow at 4pm the numbers are released to subscribers. 6pm - 6:30pm is when PR gives any information they want to share.

Back on December 19, Vince said they were aproaching 8 million unique users.

Sales are going to be close to that, and with Christmas and 3 extra months, I'd say it's over 8 million.

Holy cow batman!!! You can't be serious. Counting all platforms including P.C. I'd say more like 2.5 - 3.0 million max.

PS4 needs neither games nor stock to outsell the XB1 XD
On a more serious note, because of the stand alone PS4 getting replaced, Amazon may not be such a good indication of sales for April.

We all know what the outcome of all NPD threads till September will be though...

PS4 wins

labaronx

Im wondering with all the ps4 bundles and trade ins amazon gamestop and bestbuy have been pushing, have they already lowered the cost to retailers?

And how soon do they find out about price cuts?

gtj1092

Im wondering with all the ps4 bundles and trade ins amazon gamestop and bestbuy have been pushing, have they already lowered the cost to retailers?

And how soon do they find out about price cuts?

That's what I've been wondering. It seems Sony can drop the price any time it wants and is simply maintaining higher margins right now because they can. I no doubt expect a cut for Q3.

btw.
Nobody should care about Amazon's "hourly charts".

They can be useful to determine sales momentum. People tend to look at monthly charts and assume those are updated hourly too, whereas they're updated once a week only. Always check the week view before checking the monthly.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/16/bloodborne-155000-ps4-digital/

We got new details before NPD Thread today, 155k Digital Bloodborne Sales WW

If we put things together we have:

- 1M Sold WW
- 170k in JP Since April 5th
- 830k RoTW
- 155k Digital WW
- 675k Retail WW
- If we consider 50/50 US vs. Europe, we have 337.5k for NPD threads today.

I think many people are saying total sales with their predictions hence including digital.....especially when digital accounted for so much.

EDIT: Is it not reliable?

ZhugeEX

Banned
Superdata are reliable enough.

In the same way that steamspy is reliable.

Basically its a good indicator and estimate but far from an official number.

Kayant

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/16/bloodborne-155000-ps4-digital/

We got new details before NPD Thread today, 155k Digital Bloodborne Sales WW

If we put things together we have:

- 1M Sold WW
- 170k in JP Since April 5th
- 830k RoTW
- 155k Digital WW
- 675k Retail WW
- If we consider 50/50 US vs. Europe, we have 337.5k for NPD threads today.

Wise words from our fallen waifu ;)

Be careful, now.

SuperData Research is trying to sell you their data on their website. Clearly they're going to paint themselves in the best possible light.

But they're well known for providing...estimates. Nothing more...just estimates. They're trying to fill a niche. They are by no means definitive, and they have lots of gaps in their data.

Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony do not provide them with any data, I will tell you that right now.

They go around to publishers and beg for data. If you know anything about that strategy, it's usually quite unsuccessful.

So SuperData's sources are a mix of publicly available tidbits through financial reports and developer PR, a couple of publishers who actually give them data, and a TON of extrapolation to fill in the gaps.

wapplew

Wise words from our fallen waifu ;)

How could I have not known? I am sorry my beautiful Aqua I have tarnished your threads!!

"Performs Seppuku"

If you guys want I can edit the post if it's not reliable?

I know we are small market, but Asia, Middle East, etc should make up for a portion of that 675k.
I usually try to put Europe with Asia in it, It's just Europe is easier to write than Eurasia.

Welfare

Knowing my luck not only will I have a new avatar but my placing is going to utter crap.

Getting pretty hyped to be honest.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Do they specify the margin of error?

No they do not. But as I said, dont use it as an official or definitive number. Its an estimate at the end of the day in the same way that steamspy is an estimate.

It is based part on real data though, hence why I said its reliable. They're Not just making it up like some do.

Just be careful not to mix them in with official numbers. Always make sure its stated seperately.

Top Bottom