• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 200CC (speed) announced

Futurematic

Have they brought back having deployed and reserve items? Because, as good as the game is, I want that layer of strategy back.

lewisgone

This is a great idea. I'm excited to play this - in a way even moreso than the new tracks. The DLC looks great but part of me was thinking it wouldn't hold my attention more than a few days. Now I've got every cup to beat again.

Also online is going to be hilarious.

KarmaCow

Won't this break some stages? Like rainbow road was already really hard on 150cc for bikes.

Well they did say braking was important, unlike pretty much every other time in Mario Kart.

But yea, this will probably break a few stages. They showed off some shortcuts in the trailer thanks to the speed boost.

I've been wanting this for so many years! This news is the biggest for me from the Direct. I honestly can't wait to try it out.

lt519

Seriously a game changer, every line in every course will change for the faster speeds. Getting both DLC packs and 200cc on the same day is going to be like an entirely new game for me.

Baleoce

Seriously a game changer, every line in every course will change for the faster speeds. Getting both DLC packs and 200cc on the same day is going to be like an entirely new game for me.
It's gonna be extremely good value.

Nyoro SF

Oh man, I like this a lot. I felt like Mario Kart 8 could be a bit faster and it would be the perfect kart racer for me.

hatchx

Banned
This looks great. Wondering if we'll be able to use 200CC online.

Also...I think this is their answer to F-Zero lol.

As an F-Zero/Wipeout fan, I am so hyped for this. I never used anything but 150cc previously, outside of unlocking stuff, and even then dreamed of faster settings.

Literally a dream come true.

Now give us 250cc!

Jims

Really excited for this. 150cc is still fun and all, but never felt like it was on the brink of out-of-control, so they definitely had room for one speed quicker.

(At first when they were talking about the different modes, I was expecting them to say they fixed battle mode.)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
MK8 with this mode and 8 new courses is a serious contender for GOTY 2015. At least in the racing genre.

I've been requesting a 200cc mode for ages, it's simply perfect for such a hectic game.
This is a major, major change in the series. Not to say I don't need a new ExciteTrucks anymore, but it surely eases the pain to wait for it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Good! Now for that ExciteTruck mode..

Toad King

Banned
QgzuIU2.gif

Top Bottom