• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 200CC (speed) announced

Amir0x

Banned
200CC speed that sounds rad. Now I almost want to buy this Mario Kart game just to experience it. I've given up on the MK franchise (too many balance issues introduced with their item selections), but that really sounds fascinating. Decisions, decisions..

Kodaman

DPBUprH.gif

Lol. Gaf delivering as always.

Ezalc

"Mario kart faster than ever before!"

While showing F-Zero DLC stage footage.

Well fuck you too Nintendo.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
200CC speed that sounds rad. Now I almost want to buy this Mario Kart game just to experience it. I've given up on the MK franchise (too many balance issues introduced with their item selections), but that really sounds fascinating. Decisions, decisions..

MK8 has some of the best new tracks + an excellent selection of revamped oldies. It's just a blast to play.

AdanVC

Slowly but surely MK8 is becoming the perfect Mario Kart game. The game we've been dreaming since idk. Online races at 200cc are going to be madness and crazy fun. Plus with all the new 8 curse, characters, outfits and vehicles... and all of that in around 20 more days!! This is how you DLC <3

ec0ec0

once they up MKs speed, it's over for F-Zero.

So... is there a myth or something that the difference between f-zero and mario kart is just the "speed" or what!? do people really think that? Yeah, i know that you're perfectly aware of their diffences but, what about people in general...

poor F-Zero ;_;

KarmaCow

Slowly but surely MK8 is becoming the perfect Mario Kart game. The game we've been dreaming since idk. Online races at 200cc are going to be madness and crazy fun. Plus with all the new 8 curse, characters, outfits and vehicles... and all of that in around 20 more days!! This is how you DLC <3

Well they still need to fix make a proper Battle mode for that to happen.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
With the Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man outfits....

What are the chances one of the new DLC Courses might be based on a 3rd-Party Franchise?

Amir0x

Banned
MK8 has some of the best new tracks + an excellent selection of revamped oldies. It's just a blast to play.

I'm sure, lots of people praise it. But lots of people praised the last few MK games too, but I just do not like their weapon selections in the past bunch of MK games. Too unbalanced, and some of them just exist to allow inadequate players the slight chance of victory, and to do so it targets lead players. I just like my games pure skill vs. pure skill, luck variables turn me off. Outcomes to me should be 100% based on how good you are, not how lucky you get with blue shells or other cheese weaponry.

MK8 still has blue shells and another weapon I don't like, so I'm not sure I can get past it. Maybe I'll rent it from Gamefly.

mcmmaster

Oh god I always thought to myself that 200cc mode would be rad, can't believe they've actually gone an added it... so FUCKING HYPE!

Jman014

With the Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man outfits....

What are the chances one of the new DLC Courses might be based on a 3rd-Party Franchise?

That would hopefully happen. It's great that Nintendo continues to support the game through adding things like a faster speed than 150cc. I was not expecting this.

Mr-Joker

Banned
"Mario kart faster than ever before!"

While showing F-Zero DLC stage footage.

Well fuck you too Nintendo.

Hear me out but what if 200cc, the anti gravity and the F-zero track is all Nintendo way of training us for the new F-zero game?

Jezan

Hear me out but what if 200cc, the anti gravity and the F-zero track is all Nintendo way of training us for the new F-zero game?
Or a way to shut up F-zero fans :(

I still think that Mute City in MK8 is a wasted opportunity, the track should at least have one segment where you anti-grav on a cylinder. Like Fire Field in GX or Big Blue in X.

Effect

Wanted a faster mode for a long time but damn that is fast. SNES Rainbow road is already hard on 150cc. Screw up on that it's over. I don't know how you even stay on the track in 200cc with that speed.

Madao

Or a way to shut up F-zero fans :(

I still think that Mute City in MK8 is a wasted opportunity, the track should at least have one segment where you anti-grav on a cylinder. Like Fire Field in GX or Big Blue in X.

funny how MK8's F-Zero track works better in an actual F-Zero game

So... is there a myth or something that the difference between f-zero and mario kart is just the "speed" or what!? do people really think that? Yeah, i know that you're perfectly aware of their diffences but, what about people in general...

poor F-Zero ;_;

speed itself makes things harder and you know how most games have been dumbed down in recent years or canned if they were too hard.

in a way, it's better we haven't had a new F-Zero because the backlash if it was slower than GX would be really big. also, did people forget how most people said "F-Zero would suck with motion controls" in the Wii days?
it's true that Nintendo still puts challenging sections in their games but they haven't released a game that is hard out of the gate in years.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
200cc but no new battle arena maps? Nintendo why you gotta troll? Lol but great news though :D

Omnicent

150cc is piss easy for me. this announcement is hyping me to return to the game.

I think you need some kart gaf in your life.
Fuck man kart gaf on 200cc in Frantic..... have mercy on all the salt.
I will have to hope back in when this hits.

Simbabbad

Excellent news, but what'd make it much better was if they announced they rebalanced the items/recovery time, or added better item categories (such as the Wii's "classic" category).

Top Bottom