• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Announced For Wii U

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Looks awesome. I skipped MK Wii and MK7, so I'm excited to jump back in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Rainbow Road is gonna look AWESOME.

Skipped MK Wii, so it's nice to look forward to a console version again. Just a shame it's gonna be a whole year before it's out. Hope the bonus characters aren't as "meh" this time around (Really, Queen Bee from Super Mario Galaxy?).

King_Moc

Banned
Yup, gameplay videos look good. The 12 player limit looks like it's (once again) led to an unnecessary widening of the tracks again. Hopefully they can balance the weapons a little more for the number of characters . The Wii one was unbearable for blue shells and lightening

nordique

this game look absolutely fantastic, terrific graphics too.

I did not expect at all to be this surprised by the new Mario Kart and equally as underwhelmed by the new 3D Mario

?oe?oe

Even I thought MK8 would be lesser than the 3D Mario, but damn this game looks amazing and chock full of features too!

genjiZERO

I hope there are fewer obstacles. I liked the wii game, but there were too many random things to hit. I really just want to race ghosts for best time.

btrboyev

The lighting in the ghost mansion level is god damn amazing. The way the item boxes and coins reflect off your headlight is beautifully done.

I'm still wondering how Mario Kart is the best looking internally-developed Nintendo game and the new Mario looks worse than Galaxy. Its too bad I don't play Mario Kart and perfer Sonic Racing because this looks absolutely beautiful.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This looks fantastic. Really has a great sense of speed to it, more so than other MK games.

This game is a real jaw dropper. Completely murders SASRT graphically. Supposedly 60 FPS. Screenshots are near CGI quality.

Between this and X, Wii U purchase CONFIRMED. I SAID WOW. A FEW TIMES.

It looks amazing, but that spring 2014 release is a bummer.Since I don't have a Wii U, at least it will have a better library and will be cheaper by that time.

Roo

I'm still wondering how Mario Kart is the best looking internally-developed Nintendo game and the new Mario looks worse than Galaxy. Its too bad I don't play Mario Kart and perfer Sonic Racing because this looks absolutely beautiful.

Yeah, I don't get it either.
I mean, there's really no excuse for this.
Not that 3D World looks bad (at least not to me, actually it looks great imo) but both teams had pretty much the same time developing their games considering 3D Land and MK7 came out the same year with a month of difference between releases and yet, Mario Kart 8 looks leaps and bounds better than 3D World.

I dare to say that even Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze looks better lol

Smellycat

I was stunned by the trailer. I honestly didn't expect it to look this good and to have these awesome new gameplay elements.

Galang

Banned
You people are graphics whores... Talk about the gameplay.

The game-play changes from entry to entry are very rarely substantial enough to talk about anyway. I think the majority of us are wowed at the graphics for a game we expected to look like the bare minimum possible.

06_l.jpg

How are the bike wheels connected to the bike?

The footage really reminds me of NintendoLand at times. I think it's the lighting.

I see the giant spectator Toads make a return.

Hale-XF11

Looks alright. I'm getting my fill of MK though already with MK7, so I don't mind too much missing out on this game. The magentic wheels sound like a fun concept.

Top Bottom