• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Branduil

Is Excitebike the most popular track in the game? I think it's guaranteed at least 8 or 9 votes every time it comes up in random matches.

In all honesty, that's what 50cc is sort of for. The training ground.

I think they should have implemented a tutorial that teach you all the different tricks like gliding, braking while gliding etc... instead of only teaching it by text in the help section.

I know it's seem nothing, but for non-player it's hard to grasp.

I haven't read this entire topic, but I can't be the only one that has noticed how incredible the HD Rumble is in this game. Especially with the Pro Controller. You can feel everything. Boosts have a unique rumble that feels like it goes from the top of the controller to the bottom. Shooting items feels like a projective is being fired from your hands.

This might be the best implementation of haptic feedback in any game to date.

Berordn

Excitebike is fun if you like speeding up doing tricks, and Baby Park has been a favorite of mine since DD, because you can easily lap people and it causes a lot of chaos.

Baby Park is back to its former glory now that double items are a thing. The track is pure chaos, and that's what it revels in.

I haven't read this entire topic, but I can't be the only one that has noticed how incredible the HD Rumble is in this game. Especially with the Pro Controller. You can feel everything. Boosts have a unique rumble that feels like it goes from the top of the controller to the bottom. Shooting items feels like a projective is being fired from your hands.

This might be the best implementation of haptic feedback in any game to date.

I said a few pages back that it sold me on HD Rumble. It's so good.

Cleve

I see people loving the HD rumble and I'm sitting here just feeling like my controller is a mobile phone getting text messages.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I'm using a pro controller, so maybe it's different for joycons in a grip, but I barely notice it, and it certainly isn't more immersive than what we've seen before.

Kinsei

Banned
Baby Park is back to its former glory now that double items are a thing. The track is pure chaos, and that's what it revels in.

It still has those stupid walls in the middle and there are no giant shells or giant bananas. I'd say it's still a shadow of it's former self.

Stopdoor

Every kart have it's own unlockable ? I unlocked like 3 thing very quickly and since then nothing. I am playing only Mario Tanooki

You get kart parts every 30 coins up to a certain point (at least until around 1000?). So maybe you're losing all your coins before you finish races?

BriGuy

That cops and robbers multiplayer game sucks for the robbers. Who thought it would be fun to have one team get confined to a small cage and do nothing but wait around?

Jesse-

Would anyone mind sharing what kind of brand/type of router they are using?
Mine is having serious NAT problems which I can't seem to resolve.

Kinsei

Banned
That cops and robbers multiplayer game sucks for the robbers. Who thought it would be fun to have one team get confined to a small cage and do nothing but wait around?

It's much more fun as a robber IMO. Jailbreaks are really fun to pull off.

Just to be clear - if you have multiple switches each needs its own cart to play against one another, right? I presume they haven't done the DS thing with Switch?

//DEVIL//

Anyone worried about his switch after playing long hours docked mode ? The fan kicks in to a high fever while in docked mode I fear my console will either fly it melt and explode .

sleepnaught

they could at least try and make the CPU legit in this game. Every single game is 50 yards from the finish line, then hit by a blue shell, then all the way to 6th place after being is first for the entire race. id say at least 75-80% of the time. Deluxe Salt indeed.

Berordn

It still has those stupid walls in the middle and there are no giant shells or giant bananas. I'd say it's still a shadow of it's former self.

They make up for it somewhat with antigravity. Obviously the track can't return to full glory without DD's special items making a comeback, but it's come a long way from that one time they put it in MKDS.

Zia

Tangential Q: MK 8 is my second app after Zelda, is there a way to reorganize the tiles on your Switch menu or does it default to most recent app?

Monumma

Excite Bike (the track AND the game) wishes it could be as fun as Baby Park.

edit:

Tangential Q: MK 8 is my second app after Zelda, is there a way to reorganize the tiles on your Switch menu or does it default to most recent app?

Dont think so.

Top Bottom