• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

Arttemis

I'm French and I feel bad for only paying 12€ lol

Please, tell me this is a joke. There has to be some point where bias towards a game company becomes delusional and insane. I'm going to say that wishing to pay more for a product is that point.

Surely, you realize that lower prices drive sales, enticing more people to pay.

majik13

zlCfzSXu1VA78N6t6D

Ah man, this is just cruel. I can't believe we have to see the new cup icons locked until they are released.

sorry if I am dense, what are the 4 icons at the bottom for?

jeffers

Please, tell me this is a joke. There has to be some point where bias towards a game company becomes delusional and insane. I'm going to say that wishing to pay more for a product is that point.

yeesh calm down, its essentially a backwards of saying you feel you are getting a good deal.

rekameohs

Banned
It's a little strange that the Zelda cup is in the Retro tracks section, but the AC cup is in the New tracks section. We'll see what that entails.

Pompadour

So do people think the Animal Crossing and Zelda cups replaced Blue Shell and Boo Cups or could there be more DLC in the future? Mario Kart sells well over long periods of time so we could be getting new cups in 2016 even.

test_account

XP-39C²
Probably because of the discount for buying both.
That makes sense, i didnt think about that. Still a bit weird for me to see actual content being revieled that early though, instead of going the seasonal pass route :)

Nope, not the same. Well... there's an egg cup, but the icon is different. Those icons might've just been placeholders.
Ah ok, i see. Were those icons from the Mario Kart 8 disc by the way? Or did people find them anywhere else?

zruben

Banned
very late to the thread... but I have to say it again.

11.99 is a RIDICULOUSLY good price.
I was ready to pay around 30 bucks for all the stuff.

Son Of D

Mario Kart 9. But with a couple of guest appearances from Link, Samus, Fox and Villager.

Then Mario Kart X Nintendo All-Stars as a full blown Smash Kart.

DizzyCrow

I'm thinking one of two ways.

1. Separate match making for those that have the DLC and those that don't. New characters, etc are in a separate listing only.

This would divide the player base I think. Which is why I like the second possible option below more

2. Everyone is in the same pool. Everyone is forced to download the tracks and characters but you can't select them unless you buy the content They'll see the new characters and carts when others pick them. If one of the new tracks is selected you could be forced to spectate the race instead of playing in it. This would show it off and make one want to go buy it.
That would be evil
do it Nintendo!

He's saying that it's a good deal, calm down.

I don't understand people who don't like the fact that it's not free. You get enough material to almost flesh out a new Mario Kart game. I'm actually surprised it doesn't cost more.

KooopaKid

Banned

lol <- joke
But it's true it's really cheap for what we get.

Probably old news, but they've updated some of the track layouts. For example, there's a small wall separating the four lanes along the middle around the first big turn on Mario Kart Circuit.

Top Bottom