• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! Official Thread

AwRy108

I want to be excited, but I don't think the series is good enough to warrant Nintendo's "if it ain't broke, don' fix it" mentality--this works for some of their IP's, but not this one. Just my opinion.

Teknoman

So to those who've played it thus far, is it about as fun as Superstar Saga was? Never played Partners in Time, and still cant find it for a decent price.

GhaleonQ

NeoGAFFer said:
Wow, that final boss theme is great. I never played any Mario & Luigi RPG game before. Are their OSTs that good?

It's not her best work, of course, but it's typically stellar. Each one has about 5 short interludes, 5 scene-setters, 3 Mario remixes, 10 or so good, jaunty pieces, 5 dull tracks, and 4 or 5 fantastic tracks. Yeah, that final battle song's definitely the best thus far, though.

soothe.

Shiggy said:
Europeans should be happy in July, at least as of today.

Hell fucking yes!

Was afraid this wouldn't get a translation, especially since this seems to be a lot better than Partners in Time.

HUELEN10

Captain N said:
I can see it could be out at the end of June or beginning of July.
I wouldn't count on June, we already have Starfy for June, and NOA kinda sucks like that...

Hey Shiggy, what is the game's name? Surely it won't stay as Mario & Luigi RPG 3, it doesn't make sense for a Western name.

Hobbun

Captain N said:
I can see it could be out at the end of June or beginning of July.

I hope you are right.

I mean I could import it from EU if I really needed to, but would prefer to be able to buy it outright over here.

HUELEN10

Hobbun said:
I hope you are right.

I mean I could import it from EU if I really needed to, but would prefer to be able to buy it outright over here.
That, and I HATE European DS Cases, no offense...

Captain N

HUELEN10 said:
I wouldn't count on June, we already have Starfy for June, and NOA kinda sucks like that...

Hey Shiggy, what is the game's name? Surely it won't stay as Mario & Luigi RPG 3, it doesn't make sense for a Western name.

Starfy is coming out in the beginning of the month. Nintendo usually gives each game a month to sell. That's why I think we'll see it by the second week of July. I don't see them keeping the name RPG 3!!! since there isn't a Mario & Luigi RPG 2 in Amercia..heck, we don't even have a Mario & Luigi RPG 1 in America..in terms of the name anyway. It's a given that it will get a subtitle.

Hobbun

Captain N said:
Starfy is coming out in the beginning of the month. Nintendo usually gives each game a month to sell. That's why I think we'll see it by the second week of July. I don't see them keeping the name RPG 3!!! since there isn't a Mario & Luigi RPG 2 in Amercia..heck, we don't even have a Mario & Luigi RPG 1 in America..in terms of the name anyway. It's a given that it will get a subtitle.

It really doesn't matter to me what they call it. They could name it "Mario and Luigi's Joyous Stomach Adventure" for all I care.

I just am glad we are finally hearing some info on release outside of Japan.

Mardil

I loved the first one on DS, and after Platinum, I'm in the mood for a light-hearted RPG. Does this one use the touch screen at all?

Hobbun

Mardil said:
I loved the first one on DS, and after Platinum, I'm in the mood for a light-hearted RPG. Does this one use the touch screen at all?

Partners in Time was ok. But I highly recommend Superstar Saga if you have not played it yet.

TreIII

Shiggy said:
It's tentative only, so we should wait until E3 for a definite confirmation.

Good stuff. This game was so good in Japanese, I'll look forward to double-dipping again for the US release. :D

HUELEN10

Hobbun said:
It really doesn't matter to me what they call it. They could name it "Mario and Luigi's Joyous Stomach Adventure" for all I care.

I just am glad we are finally hearing some info on release outside of Japan.
Since "Partners In Time" was a pun, what about this?

Mario & Luigi: Vore Of The Worlds

Thoughts?

War Of The Worlds?

Captain N

HUELEN10 said:
Since "Partners In Time" was a pun, what about this?

Mario & Luigi: Vore Of The Worlds

Thoughts?

War Of The Worlds?

That would be an awesome title!

I don't think there was ever a doubt at Nintendo about releasing this game in the states. It really is just a matter of getting it translated.

Hobbun

Captain N said:
That would be an awesome title!

I don't think there was ever a doubt at Nintendo about releasing this game in the states. It really is just a matter of getting it translated.

Well, I was wondering for a bit. I didn't think it would take this long for some kind of info on a release outside of Japan. But I am just glad there is.

Hobbun said:
Never have imported from EU, in what way are the cases different?
264057290_tp.jpg

HUELEN10

Hobbun said:
Even though the NA case can be a little hard to open sometimes, I much prefer that to having a clear case.
See, to me it is all about the spines. EUR spines are so boring!

[Nintex]

HUELEN10 said:
Fuck, we need more files. What is the game's name?!?!?!

Thanks BTW!
I dunno it just says Mario Luigi RPG 3 on the other side of the page with some screenshots and artwork, this booklet is already a month or two old I think. It lists Another Code for may, but I don't think Mario & Luigi got delayed.

Shiggy

[Nintex] said:
I dunno it just says Mario Luigi RPG 3 on the other side of the page with some screenshots and artwork, this booklet is already a month or two old I think. It lists Another Code for may, but I don't think Mario & Luigi got delayed.

Actually, Another Code was originally planned for May, that's what NoE told some distributors ;)

Top Bottom