• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Gatha (English dub of Domon Kasshu, Mega Man X) passes away [update: bad joke]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Already made one for Off Topic, but I feel his relevancy in MMX (especially with the MvCi announcement) makes him relevant to Gaming too.

https://twitter.com/hermitsherpa/status/805279848755122176

A sad loss indeed.

tumblr_n2py2rnV8x1s96g0to1_500.gif

Galamauth

Just heard today via Lucas Gilbertson's(Zero's VA) twitter.
I'm devastated about it. Even if he's been retired for years he was easily my favorite VA due to his performances for X and Domon alone.

Do you happen to have a list of the Mega Man X games that were voiced?

He did the last three Mega Man X games according to Wikipedia: Command Mission, X8, and Maverick Hunter X.

Shame, he was the only competent English VA for X as well. Seems he left the VA business right around when the series died too. RIP.

Tsunamo

His voicework as X in Mega Man Maverick Hunter X was some of my favorite, the voice was so fitting and he put out such a fantastic performance, such a shame we wont get to hear him voice X again.

RIP :(

No waaay!! Really loved their performance on both characters. Was really hoping to hear a return too now that X is officially playable in Mvci T_T

There goes a part of my childhood..

NoKisum

Fuck, now I gotta rewatch G Gundam. I loved his intensity in that, and it was one of the first (of few) mech series I really got into.

So Protodude was right....

Loved his MMX. It was almost anime perfect; perhaps some of the best VA Capcom's ever made.

God bless, and thank you, sir. I am honored to have your most famed role as my namesake.

No! He was the best X! RIP.

I wonder if they recordered lines alreadyfor MVC4?

But that doesn't matter to me now. I always loved X. He was so much cooler than Zero and his VA definitely made it so.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No! He was the best X! RIP.

I wonder if they recordered lines alreadyfor MVC4?

But that doesn't matter to me now. I always loved X. He was so much cooler than Zero and his VA definitely made it so.

he hasn't been doing recordings since MHX, basically voice acting was a way for him to finish his studies to become a doctor, iirc.

Basically boy who cried wolf if it's coming from Gilbertson. I'd wait for another source.

Sad if true though, Gatha's one of my favorite under-utilized VA's. Great at hot-blooded roles but also fits X very well. He was superb in X8.

Basically boy who cried wolf if it's coming from Gilbertson. I'd wait for another source.

Sad if true though, Gatha's one of my favorite under-utilized VA's. Great at hot-blooded roles but also fits X very well. He was superb in X8.

For what it's worth I also tried looking for an obituary or something this morning but I couldn't find anything.

It was just too much to take in to be honest, so I had to look for another source, haha. The lack of any other public note of it was a red flag to me.

New002

Whaaaaat. I was listening to his work on YouTube a few weeks ago :(

Edit: Welp, apparently it was a joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom