• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom reveals new Mega Man X, cancels joke, makes a figure, KS funded (Summer 2015)

NFESI.gif

lol, who made this, Jarosh?

You and some others are treating this April Fool's joke as a personal attack when it's just a harmless joke. Not everything Capcom does regarding the series is a slight against Megaman fans.

Harmless joke? First off, they are adding fuel to the fire by making this time and time again. "Mega Man announcement?" "Let's Cancel it." It's like the two go hand in hand now, it's not even funny. I wouldn't be surprised if they (Capcom) would end their partnership with Archie comics to pull the exact same thing. If this was any other Capcom game that could be used in the context of an April Fools joke, I'd have a different opinion/reaction. Secondly, this was a huge waste on time, talent and money.

For the umpteenth time, it's almost always part of the joke that anything that happens on April 1 in Japan just goes completely away without notice once the clock strikes midnight on April 2. It's not some slight against Mega Man fans, and it's idiotic to think of it as such.

For the umpteenth time, it's almost always part of the joke that anything that happens on April 1 in Japan just goes completely away without notice once the clock strikes midnight on April 2. It's not some slight against Mega Man fans, and it's idiotic to think of it as such.

You're only getting HALF the message... it's insulting PERIOD that the target of the April Fool's joke was Mega Man. A great Mega Man design and the only thing officially released from Capcom that was Mega Man related in a long while. The cancelling thing (intentional or not) would just be whip cream on the shit pie.

You're only getting HALF the message... it's insulting PERIOD that the target of the April Fool's joke was Mega Man. A great Mega Man design and the only thing officially released from Capcom that was Mega Man related in a long while. The cancelling thing (intentional or not) would just be whip cream on the shit pie.

In what parallel world is the company giving some sort of attention to one of its properties not a positive?

MechaX

In what parallel world is the company giving some sort of attention to one of its properties not a positive?

If you completely ignore the really troubled history Capcom has had with Mega Man in the past half-decade, sure, we can treat this as a positive and a pretty funny and harmless joke.

Context is very important here.

If you completely ignore the really troubled history Capcom has had with Mega Man in the past half-decade, sure, we can treat this as a positive and a pretty funny and harmless joke.

Context is very important here.

I'm still not seeing how attention - any attention - can be parsed as a negative. The design they revealed is too well baked to have been made just as a joke - it must be something lifted from an existing project, whether cancelled or in development. Either way, positive reaction to it can only be a good thing.

On the other hand, the people in this thread declaring an extension to their personal boycotts does nothing but prove that nothing Capcom does will ever appease Mega Man fans and there is no reason to even try.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Super duper 6 month necrobump GO!

Tuns out Mizuno Mega Man X design is getting a real figure. Even better, there will be a Kickstarter next month to fund it. Because wasting the coolest design ever would've been stupid.

qerVi9l.png

• 15cm in height (roughly in line with Bandai Figuarts MM figures)
  • Diecast armor on the chest, shin armor and feet
  • 20 points of articulation
  • LED functional X-Buster (can be swapped on either hands)
  • 2 additional set of hands (fist and splayed)
  • Extra faceplate ("shouting")
  • Swappable back thrusters (opened and closed)
  • Attachable blast effect accessory for the X-Buster
  • Tentative March/April 2015 release
  • Produced by TruForce Collectables
    [*]Bluefin distributing in North America
  • Colored prototype will be on display in February at the New York Toy Fare
  • Price is TBA

This has been quite the emotional roller coaster.

April...fools...?

Omega

Banned
edit - nvm. link to their FB page in the link

and then the link on their FB page links to a prototype website. this is weird

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This is the most meta, hurtful, exciting, coolest, worst, meanest slow burn I've experienced in all the years of Mega Man trolling.

And yet I can't look away. Such a cool design, and I'm going to buy that beauty if it doesn't get canceled in some cruel twist of fate.

Poor thread title. I've had to ask Cyan to change it so many times:
[April Fools] Capcom reveals new Mega Man X
[April Fools] Capcom reveals new Mega Man X (and cancels the joke)
[April Fools] Capcom reveals new Mega Man X, cancels the joke, makes a toy out of it

wwm0nkey

BOUGHT SO HARD!

We should get a game with this design though, would look pretty good in a third person style game I think.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At first glance though, I thought it was a model kit.

...not that it wouldn't be a bad idea. I would really want a Megaman X model kit set, complete with hunters and mavericks alike.

AdanVC

Trolling level: I will buy that figure day one! Seriously, it looks insanely good that I'm crying we will never see this Megaman character concept into an game...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really want this to be used in a game. X series reboot?

Scavenger

That's gonna look mighty fine next to Figuarts MMZ. I'm a bit disappointed that it will have die cast parts. That'll bump the price up and may cause stability issues.

SykoTech

BOUGHT SO HARD!

We should get a game with this design though, would look pretty good in a third person style game I think.

My thoughts exactly. A current gen game (preferrably third person) using this model would be a Day 1 purchase for me.

Will expect nothing though. Hell, the Kickstarter will probably get cancelled before the end date or something ridiculous like that.

Jaeger

Holy shit. I'm so funding that. Can I get a game with this please, or does the figure need to sell 2 million for Capcom to consider?

Just let Inti Creates do it.

wwm0nkey

My thoughts exactly. A current gen game (preferrably third person) using this model would be a Day 1 purchase for me.

Will expect nothing though. Hell, the Kickstarter will probably get cancelled before the end date or something ridiculous like that.
X-troopers, Zone of the Enders or a faster styled MML gameplay with this design would be amazing. Gonna say ZoE styled would be my personal vote since it looks like this design was inspired by it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Update time! The Kickstarter should be starting very soon.

TruForce FB Page said:
Hi Everyone!

Here's a late Christmas present for you. An excellent look at what the proposed final figure will look like. We're quite pleased with the color template! Are you?

OGjgYFU.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The sick joke that keeps on giving.

image.php

why the chicken Kojima whyyyyy

This thread has been fantastic. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect my little thread to reach such highs and lows over a cancelled Mega Man April Fools joke. And the fact that it's getting an actual figure is AMAZING.

The ride never ends. I'll update again when the KS goes live.

I can't believe it's December and people still don't realize the joke simply vanished as soon as the clock hit midnight, April 2 JST like nearly every other Japanese April Fools jokes.

If this Kickstarter happens then Capcom should make one of the stretch goals to be making a game using said design. I bet you it would be one of the fastest raised funds ever.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe it's December and people still don't realize the joke simply vanished as soon as the clock hit midnight, April 2 JST like nearly every other Japanese April Fools jokes.

Psst. The joke is that we know. It just fits the whole everything-Mega-Man-related-that-is-good-is-being-cancelled motif.

I would buy the this so Damn hard lol. I love this design.
Well, you're going to buy it as soon as the Kickstarter begins. ;D

Top Bottom