• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Wahlberg Is Sully In “Uncharted”

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Must be a fan of the game

Mark Wahlberg was floated as a possible lead to play Nathan Drake

Now, with the movie finally happening, Wahlberg has reportedly rejoined the cast but this time in another role – he’s in final talks to take on the part of Victor ‘Sully’ Sullivan

The role for the film is “described as an American treasure hunter, fortune seeker, and businessman, as well as a friend, mentor and father figure of [Nathan] Drake.”

giphy.gif

Vro come on
MV5BMTU4NzM3Njg2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU4NDczMw@@._V1_.jpg

Eh....I think if it wasn't for Chiwetel Ejiofor's performance as the antagonist Victor Sweet then that movie is easily another forgotten B movie Marky Mark flick. Which is ironic because he wasn't even billed on the poster.

I wish they’d do another Max Payne flick with Marky Mark. The first one was the shit. I didn’t really get into the Uncharted games, so this news is irrelevant to me. I’m sure Wahlberg will do a good job. I am a big fan of his work.

Saruhashi

Banned
I think I will never be able to understand the constant desire to see an Uncharted movie.

The games are so very highly rated but surely any movie based on the same premise is going to be a "just OK" action movie at best and more than likely will be dreadful.

I'd predict it will deviate wildly from the source material so fans of the games will dislike it and it will be just be a cookie cutter film so audiences will think it's fine but won't be super interested.

It's almost like people play they game and think "hey this is kind of like a movie, wouldn't it be great if you didn't have to play this thing and could just watch instead." Just checking on Youtube briefly it seems like Uncharted 4 alone as a movie would be like six hours long?

I guess the plan is just to use the brand recognition o bring in money and make a low budget film that hopefully turns a bit of profit.

Never understood this desire to see games turned into movies. Like, wouldn't people rather just play the game?

xrnzaaas

The casting in this film is a trainwreck, I mean they're limited by the whole "young Drake" premise, but still.

Fbh

tenor.gif

Between the casting and the young Drake concept it's clear someone just wanted to make another movie but the marketing team was like "why don't we call it Uncharted, people like that franchise right?"

I think I will never be able to understand the constant desire to see an Uncharted movie.

Has there been a constant desire though?
We have known about this project for a long time and I always see people reacting to news and updates about it. But I'm not sure I've seen many people like "we NEED an uncharted movie!!!"

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
Must be a fan of the game

Fan of a paycheck probably is what it really is.

But what little interest I had in this has dwindled to nothing now if he is going to be in it. I've never liked him as an actor. His acting really isnt that good, any movie he has been in that has gotten any praise was because of the movie, it wasn't because he was in it. He just happened to be there.

But I've played all the games so I've seen the movies already.

Top Bottom