• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel announces Iron Fist season 2

RedAssedApe

Banned
ePgbzz6.gif

scitek

Ironically, I liked pretty much everything about season 1 except the Iron Fist stuff. I'll give season 2 a shot.

Yes, but the replacement isn't amazing. That said, improvement.

GAF Echo Chamber is super strong with IF. It's not awful just weak. No weaker than the weaker parts of JJ or Daredevil or the second half of Luke Cage. The problem is it never gets to the highs those shows did. At least not for extended periods. 1 or 2 fights are fun and The extended cast is pretty solid.

I'd agree with the bolded. The fights really aren't that great either; the problem is Iron Fist was released around the same time as Into The Badlands S2, which completely clowned it.

Voidwolf

Awesome, I enjoyed season 1 a lot. But then again I didn't know anything about Iron Fist going in other than his powers and that he and Luke are supposed to be real tight.

Yes, but the replacement isn't amazing. That said, improvement.

I'd agree with the bolded. The fights really aren't that great either; the problem is Iron Fist was released around the same time as Into The Badlands S2, which completely clowned it.

No, the problem is that everything about its plot is dumb dumb dumb. I can pass the fights, but not the reasons characters act that ways, it is beyond comics logic, there is simple no logic at all.

No, the problem is that everything about its plot is dumb dumb dumb. I can pass the fights, but not the reasons characters act that ways, it is beyond comics logic, there is simple no logic at all.

I assumed that was a given, since the "weak" included parts of Cage and Daredevil.

The only way I can rationalize this opinion is if you're thinking "yeah, that seems right, all of Iron Fist was the equivalent of Diamondback's shitty combat suit." They fumbled the ball in literally every element of this series except Colleen being hot, letting RZA direct an episode and having that one fight with the drunken style guy.

The only way I can rationalize this opinion is if you're thinking "yeah, that seems right, all of Iron Fist was the equivalent of Diamondback's shitty combat suit." They fumbled the ball in literally every element of this series except Colleen being hot, letting RZA direct an episode and having that one fight with the drunken style guy.

RZA episode was by far the most Iron Fist that show ever got to being Iron Fist

Slixshot

Banned
Just watched (skimmed) through the 13 episodes in season 1. That was pretty rough. Like what happened? That being said, change in showrunners hopefully can salvage the bits that weren't garbage in season 1.

The fight scenes were so bad in comparison to daredevil it's unbelievable. Fortunately, the Defenders seems to look good.

I think the dude playing Danny can actually do a good job if given the right support both in actors and production team.

CLEEK

GAF Echo Chamber is super strong with IF. It's not awful just weak. No weaker than the weaker parts of JJ or Daredevil or the second half of Luke Cage. The problem is it never gets to the highs those shows did. At least not for extended periods. 1 or 2 fights are fun and The extended cast is pretty solid.

IF's biggest crime was that ultimately it was boring. Its poor action (with unconvincing physicality from Finn) failed to punctuate the melodrama. I personally find Cage to be the much weaker series. That started OK then got progressively worst, hitting lows that IF never had. Such unbelievable bad dialogue and performances from certain characters.

All the Marvel Netflix shows have had too much filler to spread out to 13 episodes. If JJ had been half the length, it would have been twice the show. DD suffers from this the least, but still could have done with cutting the fat. IF never had the stand out moments that the other shows are remembered for, so running length wasn't even the issue. A better show runner, and some martial arts lessons for Finn, could do great things.

i must be the only person who wants a Iron Fist animated series :(

fave character in Ultimate Spider-Man

That'd be kind of amazing if you thought about it. Let them end live action Iron Fist and just continue it as an animated series that is still part of MCU. Think Star Wars Clone Wars. The only problem with the idea is they'd have no choice but to use live action Finn for whenever The Defenders have to get together. That or have a convenient excuse for him being absent.

Top Bottom