• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel announces Iron Fist season 2

a lot of people were either hate watching the whole thing, watching the whole thing to write reviews or, like me, feeling they had to at least second screen it while doing something more interesting.

Fuchsdh

Haven't gotten around to watching S1. I imagine it'll be fine watching while I'm doing something mindless at the same time.

Honestly I've been let down by all the Netflix shows since DD S1, though. They need to figure out how to support longer seasons instead of feeling like they all lose their way 2/3rds in and just meander towards the finish line.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I think they will end up getting a new showrunner. I truly don't believe Netflix or Marvel would want to stick with him.

But I'm fine with Finn. I'll wait to have a final judgment after The Defenders comes out.

LordRaptor

They need to figure out how to support longer seasons instead of feeling like they all lose their way 2/3rds in and just meander towards the finish line.

Iron Fist doesn't do this. Its pretty consistent all the way through.
e: If anything, the tail end picks up.

highrider

Banned
Finn is just not capable of the role physically, and he's a mediocre at best actor, and I think that unfortunately effects everything about the show. How anyone can find him believable as a martial arts master is laughable.

Ward was the best part of the show. That actor was also the best part of Banshee season 4 (and season 3 if I'm being honest). He's great.

Yeah me and my wife had never seen him in anything else but we both came away from the show impressed by his acting ability. He was pretty clearly the most talented actor on that set even with the rough material he had to work with

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Someone made a good point in another thread that everyone enjoyed Ward so much in part because he seemed to hated everything going on around him as much as audiences did watching it. Ward was basically the audiences Avatar. Those middle fingers were our middle fingers.

Anung

Un Rama
Someone made a good point in another thread that everyone enjoyed Ward so much in part because he seemed to hate everything going on around him as much as audiences were not enjoying watching it. Ward was basically the audiences Avatar. Those middle fingers were our middle fingers.

I can totally agree with that. Ward was the real Iron Fist (Iron Fingers?)

background.jpg

This, please.

would be the perfect bait and switch

Iron Fist............(End of Episode 1) Daughters of Dragon ( title shows up)

heheh

Sleepy Hollow was actually good. Falling Skies was ok if you're into the concept. Outside of that he wrote an episode of Heroes Reborn, and several episodes for 2011's Clue.

He also wrote 2005's Elektra. So.. it's iffy.

But I will say the action scenes will probably be handled better.

He's an upgrade in the same way that getting kicked in the balls once is an upgrade from getting kicked in the balls twice.

No. And most of the reactions in here are based on not knowing a thing about the dude's work.

For one, he wasn't showrunner of Sleepy Hollow or Falling Skies. As far as I can tell, this is his first shot at the job.

He's primarily been a writer/producer thus far. And the stuff he's written hasn't actually been objectively bad. It's been ok to good for genre television. Which is exactly what is needed for this type of show. Someone who understands genre.

Elektra has two other names on the writing credit, so you can't parse what was his input and what belonged to others.

But, you know, it's funnier to go with extreme reactions. So, I guess keep on keeping on.

D i Z

No. And most of the reactions in here are based on not knowing a thing about the dude's work.

For one, he wasn't showrunner of Sleepy Hollow or Falling Skies. As far as I can tell, this is his first shot at the job.

He's primarily been a writer/producer thus far. And the stuff he's written hasn't actually been objectively bad. It's been ok to good for genre television. Which is exactly what is needed for this type of show. Someone who understands genre.

Elektra has two other names on the writing credit, so you can't parse what was his input and what belonged to others.

But, you know, it's funnier to go with extreme reactions. So, I guess keep on keeping on.

Cool. We will.

SpaceWolf

Banned

Stop bringing us down with your facts, dude.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I mean what you said really doesn't make it sound like that much of a better situation even if the dude isn't as bad as the show runner for season 1.

The Kree

Banned

Those shows are bad. That movie was bad. Iron Fist will probably continue to be bad. There, a measured response.

Top Bottom