• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I've been selling every modern Black Widow I've gotten. Seems that I've made a huge mistake.

Classic Storm is an absolute beast, though. I usually roll Classic Storm, Thor, and Jugg. That's basically all I need. So good.

I thought Daken was a waste as well but I got him leveled up to 30 and he is solid. One of the few guys I have that does high purple and black damage together and then green. His powers suck though. Him and my iron man have all the colors I need for some serious damage. Also, been leveling up Thor and he is quite the tank. I have 17 different covers at the moment. Only 18 spots. Damn gold coins are rare to come by.

Went from hating Iron Man Model 40 to loving him. Two of his powers are garbage (in that they take away your AP), but his one power that gives you Red (and Blue, and others the more you upgrade him) is awesome. Play with him as my third next to Storm and Thor. Thor collects Yellow (taking damage because his HP is high), Iron Man uses the Yellow to create the countdown tiles, and after a few turns Storm has enough to do the whirlwind stun and Thor has multiple hammer strikes with Red.

Askani

Bleh. I'm just not good enough to win these tourneys. I got as high as 1125 points and 1rst place by a 100 or so points with an hour and a half to go. Currently I'm 6th and under 1000 even with constant playing. Now I have nothing left with 5 mins left and I'm waiting to see if I get knocked out of the top 10. Really wanted to get that Xforce Wolvie so I could level mine up.

I'm trying to convince myself I'm losing to people paying money for heals constantly but it's not helping. :p

Mairu

Bleh. I'm just not good enough to win these tourneys. I got as high as 1125 points and 1rst place by a 100 or so points with an hour and a half to go. Currently I'm 6th and under 1000 even with constant playing. Now I have nothing left with 5 mins left and I'm waiting to see if I get knocked out of the top 10. Really wanted to get that Xforce Wolvie so I could level mine up.

I'm trying to convince myself I'm losing to people paying money for heals constantly but it's not helping. :p

Seems totally random and just a matter of luck with regards to brackets. Somehow I managed to get top 2 even though I stopped about 10 minutes before it was over after losing my team and at that point I was in 3rd place. Guess the guy in 2nd got screwed. It also seems like while you may be in a bracket with x amount of players, the people you play aren't always in that same bracket? I don't really get it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I was keeping one junk cover in my spare slot just so I could manage my pulls (based on that conversation with Dash last week)...but I may just get rid of them you're right.

Well, you can choose who to pull from the cache, so I just sell 'em all but one junk to keep it on the spare slot.

Dash Kappei

Nothing. I'm on Android if that makes a difference. I was in 52nd place, so I should have gotten something.

I just got my payout by relaunching the game for a second time, I never get anything till I do that (usually relaunching once is enough tho).
Btw, came in 3rd... once again, lol. Oh well. could be cool to pump Loki a bit just to have fun.

I totallly forgot about the end if the Thor tournament. I had an easy bracket too. Still somehow finished in the top 25.

I fell asleep two hours before it ended, and missed out on Loki by a few points. Dammit. I had full health packs and could have easily gotten into the top ten.

Daken. Blech.

To be fair, Loki would have taken up my 21st (and last) slot while I'm still 75 points short to buy a 22nd.

mosaic

go eat paint
My team right now is Thor, Classic Storm, and Iron Man 40. I've been tempted to level up Juggernaut or Ragnarok, but I don't really like Juggernaut and I don't have the time/money to make Ragnarok truly a beast. Iron Man 40's ability to make Reds is just too nice.

What should I do when I'm only getting 2-4 points for each match in the tournament? I keep skipping through them looking for something that gives more, but it takes forever. And they have some serious Thors that will be tough to beat. Any tourney tips? I'm number two in my Widow weekend, but can't hit 600.

Limit

What should I do when I'm only getting 2-4 points for each match in the tournament? I keep skipping through them looking for something that gives more, but it takes forever. And they have some serious Thors that will be tough to beat. Any tourney tips? I'm number two in my Widow weekend, but can't hit 600.

You are awarded points not based on how tough your opponents are but how many points they have compared to you. So if most people in your bracket have less than 200 points but you have 400 then you are not going to earn many points from them. They, in turn, will earn quite a bounty if they manage to bring you down. So right now all you can do is wait for everyone else in your bracket to catch up to you.

Dash Kappei

You are awarded points not based on how tough your opponents are but how many points they have compared to you. So if most people in your bracket have less than 200 points but you have 400 then you are not going to earn many points from them. They, in turn, will earn quite a bounty if they manage to bring you down. So right now all you can do is wait for everyone else in your bracket to catch up to you.

You don't actually seem to only fight people in your bracket tho?
I thought so too, especially when in the previous tourney I came in 3rd after being first forever (and sure enough look my post above where .i complain about getting only 1 or 2 points from tough fights) but, unless it just changed with the Thor tourney, the other day I noticed I was fighting people with 1000+ points and sure enough I went to check the top of the leaderboard and the 1st guy on there was below 900points! :O

ToxicAdam

Yea, you're bracketed with 200 or so people for your leader board, but your opponents come from the whole pool of players.

The leader boards are popuated in a first come, first serve basis, so you might want to join in on them a little late, as to avoid the hardcore players.

I just got my payout by relaunching the game for a second time, I never get anything till I do that (usually relaunching once is enough tho).
Btw, came in 3rd... once again, lol. Oh well. could be cool to pump Loki a bit just to have fun.

I've relaunched the game multiple times and haven't gotten anything. I know I should have gotten a Daken, some Iso-8 and 50 Hero Points. I've received nothing. No notification about the Thor tournament ever ending.

Luckily I lost 250 points overnight, so I'm back down with them. :-

Dash Kappei

I've relaunched the game multiple times and haven't gotten anything. I know I should have gotten a Daken, some Iso-8 and 50 Hero Points. I've received nothing. No notification about the Thor tournament ever ending.

You never (or at least that's my case) get a notification or even be made aware that a tournament has ended, but then you should definitely get the prizes in a matter of hours at the most. You should file a support ticket.

Btw, the Juggy's event is crazy good as far as handouts go: I've gotten 400 hero coins in less than 10 minutes!

Dash Kappei

!

Go on and play the crap out of Juggy's events before they patch it! Got another 350points and very event keep bbsaying I haven't got the prize, so it stays there at 0/4 prizes claimed and you can play it over and over and over for dat 50coins a pop.
Hurry up tho, I don't think it's gonna last much longer

edit: uh-oh it's updating right now... fingers crossed because I've spent all the coins for covers and I got worthless shit (3 bagman in a row, Magneto 2stars, a decent Classic Spidey purple and back Doc Doom)

edit2: VADERNOOOOOOOOOOOOO.gif
But I was able to scoop another 250 hero points before t

Dash Kappei

Glad you were able to get something out of it anyway :)

Got coins to spend and all missions but one to replay as it was the first time :D

mvVw1Hw.jpg
BrmoASO.jpg

Future

White storm vs white storm = hilarity. One move caused the passive counter, my counter triggered her counter, which triggered my counter, etc. when the smoke cleared my storm had like 10 health with a near dead thor, and everyone else was dead

White storm vs white storm = hilarity. One move caused the passive counter, my counter triggered her counter, which triggered my counter, etc. when the smoke cleared my storm had like 10 health with a near dead thor, and everyone else was dead

Yeah, I went up against a team with a high level white storm and accidentally triggered a pretty substantial chain against their Thor.

End result was a back and forth that completely leveled my team and left them alive, on the FIRST turn.

What's a good build for Iron Man Model 35? I have him at 2/4/3, and I just got a blue cover. Should I upgrade his blue attack skill, or leave it at 3?

Also, I've seen some people in the Widow tournament that have a lot of points, but then have a team of level 6 Magneto and level 13 Bag-Man. Is there some strategy I don't know about where you put out a bad team to get low level players to attack you in order to retaliate against an easily beatable team, or something?

Limit

What's a good build for Iron Man Model 35? I have him at 2/4/3, and I just got a blue cover. Should I upgrade his blue attack skill, or leave it at 3?

Also, I've seen some people in the Widow tournament that have a lot of points, but then have a team of level 6 Magneto and level 13 Bag-Man. Is there some strategy I don't know about where you put out a bad team to get low level players to attack you in order to retaliate against an easily beatable team, or something?

If you have someone who charges up blue tiles then feel free to upgrade. Leveling up Iron Man's red skill is the easiest route because Classic Storm charges Red tiles like no one's business.

As for your second point, I haven't experienced such a phenomenon. All high points players I have come across always have killer teams. And I am not sure if it is the case that you earn more points from revenge fights vs. regular fights assuming teams in both scenarios have the same battle score.

ToxicAdam

I was able to break 1000 on the Widow tournament and earn 500 HP. Going to wait until the end and make the final push for first.

Askani

Not sure if I cracked the top ten or not. I was #1 with 30 minutes left and was getting attacked left and right and the computer was getting RIDICULOUS moves on my fights as I was trying to pick up any points I could. I was at #8 when I went into my last fight.

As I type this, my rewards come through: Looks like I did stay in the top 10 somehow.

Triz

I got first in the Thor tourney. Was in 1st with 10 minutes left in the widow tourney. I lost literally (216) points in the span of 3 minutes while I fought two battles to maintain. Still managed a top ten but that onslaught was ridiculous.

Just worked my way up to 6th in the Juggernaut tourney with 2784 pts. Hoping I'll stay in the top 15 by the end of tomorrow.

My group is topped out at 1800! Can points be taken away in the Jugg tourney? I'm going to be super busy tomorrow, but I'd like too get some covers for my classic Widow!

My group is topped out at 1800! Can points be taken away in the Jugg tourney? I'm going to be super busy tomorrow, but I'd like too get some covers for my classic Widow!
Nope, you keep all your points. I just passed the 3000 mark, and now have nothing left to earn. I'm ranked 6th and I just need to finish top 15 to get a good prize.

Top Bottom