• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

ToxicAdam

I would probably wait. There's a good chance the devs will allow us to respec in the near future.

Iron Man's blue skill is cool, but it requires so much AP to launch it hardly seems worth the wait. Especially if you are running with Widow or Classic Storm who have much better blue skills at a lower AP cost.

heringer

When evaluating characters, it's important to consider what they will be when they are maxed out. Modern Storm actually becomes relatively lethal when she is level 40, with 5 covers of her Red and Green abilities. She can do some damage and act as an AP battery feeding AP for other characters.

Any character that can inflict damage and return AP (for a low AP cost) is valuable to have.

if I had to tier them out, I would do it like this:

Black Widow (her stun is probably the best ability of any 1-2 star character)
///
Modern Storm
Iron Man
Juggernaut
///
Venom
Hawkeye (Don't throw him away, but realize his only purpose is to break countdown tiles)
Yelena

Juggernaut > Iron Man, IMO.

I think Venom might be incredibly lethal if paired with Spider-Man, but I haven't really tested yet (because I only have two Spidey covers).

One of my biggest regrets was ditching Modern Storm. She's pretty good.

Askani

image27fjh.jpg

Huh? And my Heal timer is at 48 mins?

Askani

Is your date or time screwed up? I've read of people having issues if their time is off.

Nope, all my settings seemed to be good. I never mess with my time setting like people do for other games so I should be on standard AT&T time. That screen was from shutting down the app twice and restarting. I just did it again and I'm back to normal. Third times a charm I guess. Got my last speed round reward and the panel was populated. Was worried there, but my collection was fine, so I was less worried than I could have been.

Limit

People populating these lightening rounds have killer teams. Running around with level 70 2 star Storms paired up with level 73 Thors. And I was so confident that my maxed out Juggernaut was my ticket to top 25

I wish they had a confirmation or something when you are going to spend hero points. I went to train my level 1 Venom because I got a duplicate cover, slipped with my finger and acidentally spent 125 hero points upgrading instead of using the cover. I feel too pissed off to play the game anymore.

ToxicAdam

I wish they had a confirmation or something when you are going to spend hero points. I went to train my level 1 Venom because I got a duplicate cover, slipped with my finger and acidentally spent 125 hero points upgrading instead of using the cover. I feel too pissed off to play the game anymore.

Send them some feedback. They should give you a refund.

KuroNeeko

Starting to feel the squeeze in my inventory. I got my free heroic during the Thor event today and pulled a Marvel NOW Magneto. The cover art looks so awesome, so I was kind of disappointed to see him all decked out in grey. :/

I've got

Modern Storm
Iron Man 35
Hawkeye Classic
Hawkeye Modern
Black Widow Modern
Juggernaut Classic
Spider-Man Bag-Mag (Looks fun to use but have no covers :/)
Magneto Marvel Now

Looks like Hawkeye Modern is a bust. I'll probably sell him and keep the Classic around for chaing 5-combos and killing countdown tiles.

Storm and Black Widow are easily the stars of my team. Once Storm gets going she's a beeeeast.

I'll probably keep going in the Thor event and try to reach 500 for the 2-star Green Thor. If not, I'm sitting at #60 in my bracket now so if I can keep it, I'll get Daken as a reward. If not, I'll just go back to SP and work on the HAMMER / Venom / Jugger missions.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So I gave in and bought 20 bucks worth of gold coins after getting a classic magneto and having no room to store it. Feel kind of dirty especially considering I was only able to unlock 10 more slots. I was expecting more like 25. I still have 1000 sitting around that will only unlock 4 more slots. Keeping this 1000 around in case a super awesome guaranteed card drop shows up behind coin cover drop machine.

Yeah, 250 coins for a free slot is pretty costly... I gotta work on my tipical OCDness and start dropping some character here and there, I can't keep 'em all!

What's the highest bonus/ISO number/spot you guys have reached on Shield's PvP?
I wanted to reach the Thor's covers I'm missing, at 1600 iirc, but I've just checked and I'm #18 with a 1000+ and #1 has "only" 1448 and I'm already facing crazy levelled teams (maxed out lev70 Thor, levl114 Iron Man40 and levl100+ X-force Wolves... holy fuck.) as it is, I don't think I can do it without spending money.

I've spent a whopping $0 so far... I wanted to throw €10 at the game but then a couple of changes rubbed me the wrong way and I never did
That's why I won't complain about certain *specific* changes anymore, simply because I don't think I'm entitled to do that atm

200 coins a pop for cover space now holy shit. Thinking about selling bagman or venom to make space.

Next one, or maybe the one after that, it'll ask you for 250 a pop :p

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
200 coins a pop for cover space now holy shit. Thinking about selling bagman or venom to make space.

yeah i just got enough to buy one and then when i went to buy another slot, to my surprise they doubled the price.

fuuuuuuu

i deleted venom. i dont know who i would delete next. probably The Hood.

Askani

My next slot unlock is 300.

That's where I'm at. However I have 250 coins and a mission where I can get 50 Coins is available. My problem is I've collected 1 of 4 rewards and did the mission 5 times last night...and got the frickin 20 ISO reward each time. GIVE ME MY DAMN COINS SO I CAN GET MY COVER SLOT AND GET STUFF OUT OF THE CACHE!! lol

Sulik2

I have been staying at #1 in this Thor tourney on a regular basis and I am off work tomorrow. I want to win one of these.

ToxicAdam

Yea, I have a feeling I can get the top spot in my bracket. I was able to break 1200 last night while everyone was duking it out in a lightning round. I tried to make a push for 1300, but started to get beat down and quickly gave up.

Triz

eah dont care if i get 1 or 2 but I want that damn Wolverine upgrade. Need to level him higher and cant till i get another color trait.

yamo

Been sitting around number 10 in the Thor tournament (8 as best) for a couple of days. Finally got the yellow Thor as the 800 points reward. I will not be able to play any more though, except maybe a game or two before the tournament ends... expecting to drop hard. :(

ToxicAdam

I made a huge dent in those missions. I think I'm sitting around 670 pts. The only ones I haven't attempted yet are the two Ragnorak ones.

// -- //

I've had terrible luck with my token pulls. I've earned about 30 of them in the past five days and have one 2-star Magneto to show for it. At one point, my cache was bigger than my collection (24 slots) until I took the time to sell them all.

I worked my hero points up to 1000, so decided to do a heroic pull .... yellow Bagman.

:dead

blackflag

I have 7000 iso but not sure who to level. I have

Storm modern: 20
Storm Classic: 6
Black widow classic: 20
Black widow grey: 15
Yelena: 1
Hawkeye classic:7
Hawkeye modern:8
Bullseye:6
Dakan:6
Astonishing wolverine:6
Xforce wolverine:30 (can't level)
Iron man 35: 6
Iron man 40: 15 (can't level)
Juggernaut classic :6
Thor marvel now: 15
Captain America modern: 9
Venom:3
Bagman:6

I use storm and black widow classic a lot but I'm not sure if I should level a stronger character first

What ae some good team combos

ToxicAdam

I

You should use M.Storm/Widow/Iron Man 35 exclusively early on.

As you gain more covers (and levels), you need to replace M.Storm with C.Storm and replace Iron Man with Thor.

C.Storm/Thor/Widow is probably the best (non-payer's) team combo you can get right now.

The max covers any hero can get is 13. So, make sure you choose what skills you level to 5 wisely.

Got real deal Spidey in the Daily Drop this morning FINALLY WOOOOO

My Lightning Round chits have been garbage lately. Storm, Storm, Iron Man, Storm, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut

blackflag

You should use M.Storm/Widow/Iron Man 35 exclusively early on.

As you gain more covers (and levels), you need to replace M.Storm with C.Storm and replace Iron Man with Thor.

C.Storm/Thor/Widow is probably the best (non-payer's) team combo you can get right now.

The max covers any hero can get is 13. So, make sure you choose what skills you level to 5 wisely.

Ok thanks for the help. I have noticed the power of both storms and widow for sure. I have 2 covers for C. storms passive but I feel I need more before she's good.

I got lucky to get the 4 star wolverine from a chit during the iron man tournament but he seems too limited on skills right now. No way to progress him.

Limit

I have 7000 iso but not sure who to level. I have

Storm modern: 20
Storm Classic: 6
Black widow classic: 20
Black widow grey: 15
Yelena: 1
Hawkeye classic:7
Hawkeye modern:8
Bullseye:6
Dakan:6
Astonishing wolverine:6
Xforce wolverine:30 (can't level)
Iron man 35: 6
Iron man 40: 15 (can't level)
Juggernaut classic :6
Thor marvel now: 15
Captain America modern: 9
Venom:3
Bagman:6

I use storm and black widow classic a lot but I'm not sure if I should level a stronger character first

Storm classic's passive ability fills in red AP. So she resonates nicely with red AP users like thor, juggernaut, Iron Man, etc. Either of the two storms are good candidates for leveling up but if you intend to use classic storm level up a red ap user first and make sure his level is higher than your classic storm's. I would recommend Thor.

ToxicAdam

Ok thanks for the help. I have noticed the power of both storms and widow for sure. I have 2 covers for C. storms passive but I feel I need more before she's good.

I got lucky to get the 4 star wolverine from a chit during the iron man tournament but he seems too limited on skills right now. No way to progress him.

You can use C.Storm's passive to get past some tougher levels (especially levels where there is one boss(like Juggernaut) w/ 2 HAMMER foes). All you do is bring along a weak, low hp hero (like Hawkeye). Make a match with him and he will take damage that will trigger her passive. You can wipe out both the HAMMER guys pretty easily that way. Just make sure you bring a third hero that has high hp and high attack skills to clean up the rest.

I mentioned earlier in the topic about how my accidental flinger slip cost me 125 hero points on a pointless Venom upgrade whem I meant to use a cover. I filed a feedback complaint a few days ago, and today I got two popups on startup called "HP (undo)" that refunded my hero points. I'll be careful in the future, but I really hope they do add a confirmation option so people aren't acidentally wasting hero points.

Got real deal Spidey in the Daily Drop this morning FINALLY WOOOOO

My Lightning Round chits have been garbage lately. Storm, Storm, Iron Man, Storm, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut, Juggernaut

I KNOW.

It's brutal.

My cache constantly has 12+ Black Widow/Venom/Juggernaut/M Storm/Iron Man/Hawkeye over and over and over.

How does the shield icons work? Like sometimes I'm doing 1 damage to certain people. Explain to me like I'm 5 please.
Lol I'm kinda the same way. I believe if you have shield icons and the enemy matches those they will protect you from getting full damage and vice versa for them. I think. Maybe.

How does the shield icons work? Like sometimes I'm doing 1 damage to certain people. Explain to me like I'm 5 please.

Lol I'm kinda the same way. I believe if you have shield icons and the enemy matches those they will protect you from getting full damage and vice versa for them. I think. Maybe.

I have always assumed that they absorb the damage in accordance with their strength rating.

If your opponent has two 27 strength shields on the field then any attack that you do for 55 damage or less will only hit for 1 point.

ToxicAdam

Each shield represents a number. Depending on the level/cover of the enemy laying it down, this number can vary.

So, if Iron Man lays down two shields that represent 20 damage protect each, you need to be doing damage greater than 40 to hit them for more than 1.

forgrim

o hai toxicadam, didn't know you were a neogaf member.

nor did i even know there was a puzzle quest thread on these forums. i must frequent this thread more

ToxicAdam

The problem with Bagman is the more covers you give him, the more his AP costs go up. None of his skills deal damage. Youd be much better off keeping Captain America or one of the Hawkeyes as a countdown buster.

for me, Bagman is just a receptacle in which I dump all my failed heroic pulls into. 10 covers of nothingness.

o hai toxicadam, didn't know you were a neogaf member.

nor did i even know there was a puzzle quest thread on these forums. i must frequent this thread more

Hey bud. Now I'll feel especially guilty when I attack you in the tournaments. :p

Is Daken worth selling someone to make room for? He's just sitting in my cache.

I have:
Iron Man (Model 35)
Storm (Modern)
Black Widow (Modern)
Hawkeye (Classic)

Yelena Belova
Venom
Juggernaut
Bag-Man
Hawkeye (Modern)
Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
Storm (Classic)
Thor (Marvel NOW)

The ones on the bottom row are ones I have not invested anything into leveling up yet.

Top Bottom