• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel reveals the MCU’s Fantastic Four

Yeeeeah call me a cynic I don’t see this one doing well. This cast is very B tier. Maybe if it came out in 2017/2018 and was setting them up for avengers 3 or 4.

Has any F4 movie ever broken 400M even? I think only Batman 2 and Spider-Man 4 are sure fire 750M+ hits

Last edited:

nush

Mister-Fantastic-Reed-Richards-Marvel-Comics-OHOTMU-85.jpg

Really with that casting?

I don't have any faith in Marvel right now to even try to make a proper film, although I'd love to see this crew in a well-made F4 movie. Also, today I learned that Micro from Punisher was 'that guy' from Andor (liked him in both!).

Toons

Love it.

Pedro pascal is a great actor. He gets these roles because he's really good at what he does. I have no doubt he can deliver a strong Reed performance.

Vanessa Kirby is literally perfect for Sue. No notes.

Joseph Quinn should be able to deliver as Johnny, Johnny is a character who I grew up loving and I can see it.

But by far my favorite addition is ebon.. what a get. Hes so compelling on the bear, and that level of emotional investment is going to be necessary on a character like Ben Grimm.

This could be really special

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
When it’s an alternate universe where they’re the only heroes it does.
Is that how it is going? This is so messed up. These time line things are not my cup of tea as it eliminates and real jeopardy. Why couldn’t they just have it be a repercussion of the centinal almost spawning?

kunonabi

Great cast outside of Pedro but he'll probably make it work. Considering recent MCU casting this turned out much better than I would have expected.

Kacho

Vanessa Kirby looks really hot with enough makeup and her hair did. In other photos she kinda looks like Elizabeth Holmes lol.

Pedro Pascal is a bad actor.
Not bad IMO but he's nothing special. He's like the new Oscar Issac. People love to gush over what an incredible actor he is, but I can't think of a single movie he elevated with his performance. Same goes for Pascal.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The problem with FF, as I see it, is that The Incredibles just DEMOLISHED that concept so much. How could we possibly get a Reed Richards even half as stretchy dynamic as Helen or a Sue Storm that can make invisibility/force domes anywhere near as cool as Violet? The 2005 film already felt lackluster, all it really gave us was a good Johnny Storm that was an audition for Captain America. But I'm sure 200 million in SFX will try.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
The problem with FF, as I see it, is that The Incredibles just DEMOLISHED that concept so much. How could we possibly get a Reed Richards even half as stretchy dynamic as Helen or a Sue Storm that can make invisibility/force domes anywhere near as cool as Violet? The 2005 film already felt lackluster, all it really gave us was a good Johnny Storm that was an audition for Captain America. But I'm sure 200 million in SFX will try.
I wonder if they are going to make Reed as smart as he is in the comics? He is on another level, and don’t get me started on their son.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wonder if they are going to make Reed as smart as he is in the comics? He is on another level, and don’t get me started on their son.
Can a writer write someone who is smarter than they are?

Not well.

The reason shows like Futurama are so good is that there are real scientists/intellectuals honing it. Not sure marvel writers operate that way. We've all seen how dumb writers try to make characters sound smart, it ain't pretty.

Can a writer write someone who is smarter than they are?

Not well.

The reason shows like Futurama are so good is that there are real scientists/intellectuals honing it. Not sure marvel writers operate that way. We've all seen how dumb writers try to make characters sound smart, it ain't pretty.
But what if Reed had some quips? Maybe roll his eyes a few times?

Toons

Simple. The fantastic four are space farers, scientists and explorers. The incredibles are costumed vigilantes who happen to have a family unit.

Given this movies villain is probably galactus its likely gonna focus on that aspect of it.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I hate to jump on the same train as everyone else, but looking at the picture Pedro looks really out of place. The other two pass for their character but PP stands out in a bad way.

But we'll see what the final product is like eventually. Who knows - maybe it won't disappoint.

Fbh

The casting seems fine.
A shame the story and writing will suck.
Hopefully it's at least about the Fantastic 4 and not "Sue storm and friends"

Billbofet

Pedro is all wrong for this. The rest looks good, but I have very little faith this won't be a $500M turd.
Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Love it.

Pedro pascal is a great actor. He gets these roles because he's really good at what he does. I have no doubt he can deliver a strong Reed performance.

Vanessa Kirby is literally perfect for Sue. No notes.

Joseph Quinn should be able to deliver as Johnny, Johnny is a character who I grew up loving and I can see it.

But by far my favorite addition is ebon.. what a get. Hes so compelling on the bear, and that level of emotional investment is going to be necessary on a character like Ben Grimm.

This could be really special

At least Sue Storm isn't a POC cast

As for Pedro Pascal. I really like the guy but he's cast for everything. So I'm iffy on his casting

StueyDuck

I'm... surprised... by these castings.

Is this even legal in 2024, especially by Disney? They are almost character accurate.

In terms of the cast, yeah we've all seen alot of Pedro but it doesn't mean he can't act, he just needs to be less on social media. Vanessa Kirby is just gorgeous so I'll spend 90 minutes watching her any day. The rest I have no clue.

This is the mcu spider-man guy directing/writing right? I am having a mixed response to this... put it this way, I'm not entirely convinced it's gonna be shit just yet.

That cast is fantastic*

*I had to, come on cuz! This cast is actually pretty interesting but yeah, Pedro feels like the odd one out here, the others are up and comers so I guess Marvel wanted at least one big star power name in there.

Yeah the cast annoucement makes me have hope that this movie is gonna to be good

I wonder who's gonna to direct it though?

I know Jon Watts is out

Top Bottom