• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 are now $9.99 on Xbox Live each (includes DLC)

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I wasn't planning on buying anything else digitally on the 360 but I've been after these for a while and the price is right.

I hope they release it on BC but I don't want to get my hopes as Activison has only one game planned for BC and that's Black Ops 1. Plus with Deadpool remaster we might get a remaster for this as-well.

Love that this happened. I remember being crazy excited for 2 after loving 1, but by the time I got around to trying to buy it, the DLC had already been delisted.

I know its not supposed to be as good, but it looks like a great romp (and hopefully a co-op one) for $10.

Now c'moooooooon MvC3. Rise from your grave.

Damn when Revan Software was not some damn call of duty DLC mapmaker, they are a talent series of devs and they made an awesome game. If you love Marvel and have an Xbox 360, buy the shit out of this!

Qwark

Picked up the first one because I've heard good things and I've been looking for a good co-op game. How is the second one? Not as good, but still decent?

styl3s

I hope they release it on BC but I don't want to get my hopes as Activison has only one game planned for BC and that's Black Ops 1. Plus with Deadpool remaster we might get a remaster for this as-well.
Sadly we will never get UA/UA2 remasters.

Deadpool was a easy cash in. I would get UA if i knew it was going to be coming to BC but UA2 was just a huge disappointment.

EBE

i remember LOVING the first one (came in a console bundle alongside forza 2). may pick it up again.

always wanted to try 2 but heard it wasnt as good. anyone know why?

jackdoe

I was about to buy both as I have existing MS dollars. When I went to purchase it, the only payment option they gave me was my PayPal account. Removed that. Now it wants me to put in a payment method. Cannot believe I can't buy this with money I've already sunk into the MS ecosystem. Ridiculous.

I love ultimate alliance, it was the second ever 360 game i got after gears of war in late 2006 ans i played the shit out of it. Unfortunatley for two...i bought it when it came out, hit a progress stopping bug, and returned it.

DJ_Lae

I was about to buy both as I have existing MS dollars. When I went to purchase it, the only payment option they gave me was my PayPal account. Removed that. Now it wants me to put in a payment method. Cannot believe I can't buy this with money I've already sunk into the MS ecosystem. Ridiculous.

I get the same thing with 360 games - the entire payment system on their site is different from the Xbox One.

Only way I can pay with existing money on my account is to do it from my 360 itself. It's idiotic.

Syriel

That would make the game $20, and at that price it's really not enticing. Can you still get these deals from one of those free month Gold promos?

Free month, yes.

3 or 14 day trial, no.

At worst, buy a one month code from a GAFfer in the BST thread. You'll get three of the GWG 360 titles for free, plus you'll get the discounted pricing on the MUA games.

I get the same thing with 360 games - the entire payment system on their site is different from the Xbox One.

Only way I can pay with existing money on my account is to do it from my 360 itself. It's idiotic.

It has been this way pre-One and they still haven't solved the problem yet.

The upside to this is I found this thread and for anybody who wants at this price should get it ASAP. Mainly for how much the Gold edition of 1 costs these days.

I do have a question about the DLC though? Does it play nice with physical copies of the games? I'd assume it would but some clarification would be great if I could get some.

Syriel

I do have a question about the DLC though? Does it play nice with physical copies of the games? I'd assume it would but some clarification would be great if I could get some.

DLC doesn't seem to be available separately. Most likely this is just the Gold version packaged as a single GoD image.

So if you buy it, you would just download and play the whole thing. No more need for the disc.

DLC doesn't seem to be available separately. Most likely this is just the Gold version packaged as a single GoD image.

So if you buy it, you would just download and play the whole thing. No more need for the disc.

I completely understand what the deal is with the package itself but curiosity about compatibility with its physical brethren is why I posed the question to begin with.

For Part 1 if you're correct about it being the Gold edition would make sense and on top of that Vanilla & Gold saves don't play nice anyway.

2 never got that kind of mercy so trying to piece together how that works is why I asked anyway. I'd assume it just puts the DLC where it would normally go and if you put a physical disk in is the physical game would recognize its existence and let you use it. We won't know until somebody tries though.

I wonder did the 360/PS3 digital re-releases of Deadpool get the same treatment?

Free month, yes.

3 or 14 day trial, no.

At worst, buy a one month code from a GAFfer in the BST thread. You'll get three of the GWG 360 titles for free, plus you'll get the discounted pricing on the MUA games.

Did the free month and got it for the $10 price, thanks. Glad that worked out.

Top Bottom