• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance love in! New Videos

Ponn

Banned
Some new Ultimate Alliance videos are up at IGN.com

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/822/822965/vids_1.html

In particular check out the Nightcrawler video. Not sure if he's playable or just one of the extras but that is a cool cut scene. Think i'm going to do the unthinkable and just pay the extra 10 bucks and get the PS3 version for the high res and the texture and shadowing upgrades.

Boerseun

Banned
I'll get the Wii version for what sounds like superior controls. And the graphics isn't that different from the 360/PS3 versions.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The Nightcrawler video is old, but it does look very nice.

Boerseun said:
I'll get the Wii version for what sounds like superior controls. And the graphics isn't that different from the 360/PS3 versions.
:lol

Did you copy & paste that from GFAQs?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm getting the 360 version, hopefully we can get some 4 player coop going on Live. How can any Marvel fan not buy a game where you fight
Galactus
?

Lipi

I've seen spiderman movie, so is it action or rpg game :/ I'm confused now.
I'm happy that they make games with all those spuper heroes.

Boerseun said:
:lol

Great things I sense in this junior member, I do

Ponn

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Did anyone actually play Xmen Legends 2? This game will be terrible.

Uh, YES! And thats why this game will be awesome because XML2 was even better then the first one.

It's really hard to believe most of those reviewers actually played past the first level. Levels five miles long full of the same shitty ai and off screen cheapshots all dressed up in a little bit darker shade of orange than the the shitty ai and such in the previous five mile hike really makes for intriguing gameplay. The character and ability differences are purely cosmetic, boss battles ridiculously boring, and item system hilariously stupid. Oh and let's not forget the worst save system of the entire freaking generation.

I was playing through it with some friends and eventually it got to the point where we were all just disgusted with the thing. One of the most overrated games of last year.

Ponn

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
It's really hard to believe most of those reviewers actually played past the first level. Levels five miles long full of the same shitty ai and off screen cheapshots all dressed up in a little bit darker shade of orange than the the shitty ai and such in the previous five mile hike really makes for intriguing gameplay. The character and ability differences are purely cosmetic, boss battles ridiculously boring, and item system hilariously stupid. Oh and let's not forget the worst save system of the entire freaking generation.

I was playing through it with some friends and eventually it got to the point where we were all just disgusted with the thing. One of the most overrated games of last year.

I have no idea what game you were playing, but it wasn't Xmen Legends II. Scarlet Witch was vastly different in play from Wolverine, same for Cyclops, Iceman and Rogue. Some extra unlockable characters shared attributes but please name one ARPG that is filled with this many characters with the amount of customization.

And every level was different, destructable and well staged.

LukeSmith

Boerseun said:

From this statement I can effectively deduce that you:
A: have not played the Wii version
B: have not seen the Wii version in person
C: have not seen the next-gen versions nor played them

Three for three!

Grayman

Spruce Moose said:
So will this have the same gameplay on all platforms? Or will it be borked on the last-gen consoles, ie. EA Sport games?
should only be borked for gba. xml2 on psp was a perfect port(except for graphics and maybe sound quality) and even had more content. I had a post in one of the threads that compared every version. I think they all had something special about them.

lots of game info
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4282966&postcount=86

Guileless

They've revealed about half of the 20 playable characters but no Punisher yet. It's a pretty eclectic group and you'll be able to form some goofy teams.

Where mah boy at?

Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic look cool though, definitely considering the 360 version of this as it does look quite a bit nicer than the XBox version.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Guileless said:
They've revealed about half of the 20 playable characters but no Punisher yet. It's a pretty eclectic group and you'll be able to form some goofy teams.

THQ still owns the Punisher license, this being an activision game means we won't see him in this.

Kittonwy

Banned
They need to do away with this isometric camera BS, the era of hack and slash, button-mashing, damage stats-trading, "action games" is over.

Guileless

I just came across this pretty exstensive hands on with the next gen versions at IGN. The PS3 version apparently utilizes the tilt functionality in some boss fights. Also, lots of obscure villian name dropping. Also clue as to another playable character: one of the Ultimates besides the confirmed Cap, Thor, and Iron Man. Hulk?

Why did everyone LOL at this? O_O

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732953p1.html

We have five gestures that do a large variety of things in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. For example, you can shake the Wii remote side to side to fire web bullets with Spider-Man or you can thrust the remote forward to make Wolverine leap forward, pounce on an enemy and beat them into the ground. All the playable characters have four to five super powers that are performed with different gestures. In other versions of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, you can only do two powers at a time and are required to remap powers to do the remaining three. With the gesture system designed for the Wii, you can do any super power at any time simply by performing the gesture for that power.

Another major difference is that we do not require button combos to perform finishing attacks like Popup, Trip and Stun. Instead, you can lift the remote up to do a Popup that sends the enemy flying upwards, swipe the remote left or right to trip the enemy or you can lower the remote down to do a stun attack that temporarily dazes your opponent. In most cases, doing a gesture in a direction will cause your hero to attack in a direction similar to the gesture.

Also, a Wii-specific feature is that you can use the nunchuck's tilt sensors to rotate the game camera without having to take your hands off the movement or attack controls as you do with a standard game pad. This feels very natural and intuitive and works so smoothly that you easily control the camera even during intense action.

Superior controls.

I'm hot for Marvel right now due to Civil War, but I'm resisting this game because it looks too much like Gauntlet Legends to me. Am I wrong? I never played X-Men Legends games for the same reason.

Grayman

Hunter D said:
Is this game made by the same devs that did the xmen legend games?
yes.

MoxManiac said:
I think i'm going to get the PSP version. X-men legends II made a great portable game despite the load times.
I mostly played it in my house but it was great. Loadtimes could get bad if you were trying to do something repitive though. They weren't so noticable when you were playing through all or most of a level without having to head home to sell.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Scoot said:
From this statement I can effectively deduce that you:
A: have not played the Wii version
B: have not seen the Wii version in person
C: have not seen the next-gen versions nor played them

Three for three!

Someone's been reading too much Encyclopedia Brown, or playing too much Phoenix Wright!!

Beta Ray Bill? Daaaamn.

Still, no Longshot, no sale. I want my New X-Men game, cel-shaded Quitely style, designed by Studio Liverpool. Get on it, por favor.

morrison_xmen_2.jpg

"KTHXBYEEEE."

Ponn

Banned
Sugarman said:
They now list Jubilee as playable, but no reason why. Has to be a joke.

Hey, Jubilee is hot. Plus she got alot better when she got rid of her mental block and started melting people.

Still, MOONKNIGHT FTMFW!

sol_bad

REV 09 said:
so far it is, but it doesn't have voice chat, which is kinda strange. 360 version for me.

Wouldn't this be based on the system's OS? As has been stated the PS3 will recognise BlueTooth devices including headsets.

Top Bottom