• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance love in! New Videos

demi

Does this have online for X360? I'm really interested in it. Can I get a buddy and bash things together?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
demi said:
Does this have online for X360? I'm really interested in it. Can I get a buddy and bash things together?
Yes, put that shit in your queue. I'll grab it from Blockbuster when it comes out.

REV 09

sol_bad said:
Wouldn't this be based on the system's OS? As has been stated the PS3 will recognise BlueTooth devices including headsets.
not if the software doesn't support it. Which in this case, it doesn't. PS3 version does use the tilt controller a bit. It still has the standard 4 player co-op online stuff, may even be drop in drop out.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Gamespot has a preview for the PSP version. It's a few days old but I haven't seen it posted anywhere here and it's notable for being a very comprehensive preview that answers just about any question you might have about this version.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/marvelultimatealliance/news.html?sid=6159393

Previously, I was thinking of picking up one of the next gen versions of this for the purdier graphics but the visuals on the PSP version look just fine, it supports all the games modes of the console counterparts, including online, and has unique characters, additional missions and additional game modes.

OH, AND DID I MENTION THAT PSP DOES WHAT PS3 DON'T?

Yes, that's right - voice chat in online games:

As with X-Men Legends II, Vicarious has gone to town when it comes to packing the PSP game with exclusive content to make it a unique experience in its own right. To that end, the game is rocking a host of cool stuff. You'll find four characters unique to the PSP game and 10 exclusive comic-book missions. You'll find new, exclusive modes, such as hardcore heroes and hardcore team, which challenge you to go through the game with a single hero or set of heroes that can't be revived, so once they fall in battle, they're out of the picture. Another new mode is uber mode, where you're given a level-99 hero and sent off to tear through the game, which isn't as easy as you might think. To prove your mad hero skills are on point, the game will offer online stat tracking, so you can see how you stack up against players from across the continent. The stat tracking is just part of the game's ambitious suite of online features, which also include an enhanced infrastructure mode that offers voice chat for online multiplayer games. You'll also find PSP-exclusive downloads, such as wallpapers, on the game's official site, which you can visit to check your stats.
uber hero mode sounds hot as well.

And, for the icing on the cake, there's "some" improvement to load times and sleep mode support.

Ponn

Banned
I had a chance to play this game and try out quite a few characters and different levels. Impressions are on the Xbox 360 version played on a Samsung 50inch HDTV at 720p.

Basically in a nutshell this game rocks. I've been saying over and over for people not to go by screenshots since most of them are too up close on the characters and scenes but even I was surprised. The smoke effects and simple things like shadows and reflections on the floor really shine through. The texture bump on the characters look great as well. It really is worth the extra 10 bucks more for the 360 or PS3 version. This isn't like the GUN fiasco back when the 360 launch, there is a very clear difference in the ports.

I was a bit dissappointed to find my favorite feature from the Xmen Legends games gone though. You don't seem to be able to choose what powers you learn and how you grow them by dividing up stat points this time. You do earn experience in the background but the characters automatically leveled up learned new abilities. As an RPG lover I really enjoyed the customization of the Legends game. I feel there was a reason they did this though and it seems to be to streamline the game for multiplayer. In these type of games during multiplayer I know its a pain for everyone to keep pausing the game everytime their character levels up so I can understand the reasoning.

They seem to try and balance this out by offering a shit ton of characters to choose from. There are some powers that seem to be reused for characters but overall the characters are a lot more unique in their abilities compared to the Legends game. Mr. Fantastic was really fun to play with his "metroid ball" attack. Collossus was also fun to play with alot of his brutal animations. When he grabs enemies he carries them around by the neck and you can walk around the whole level with them just dangling in your hand. There were some developers there and when both the Hulk and Punishers names were dropped if in the game the only response was "were not allowed to say" so there is some hope there. Special teams are back to and even more of them with bonuses that stack now.

We were assusred Xbox Live will rock. They also assured that PS3 will be online as well. Multiplayer will be fun, and I really think the game was made more in that direction. There is a standard co-op mode but the interesting new mode is Arcade mode. Basically it will keep track of each characters stats during the level you play and compare them on leaderboards so you can see who did the best during the level and who was slacking. The difficulty seems to have taken a jump as well as the enemies seem to work together better and have no problem surrounding one character and just beating the shit out of them quickly.

So overall really great looking game that should not be judged by screenshots. Really fun, especially if you plan on going multiplayer in your house or online. Fans of the Xmen Legends game will and should pick this up and everyone else really needs to give it a shot. The differences made in this game may be more to your liking.

Ponn01 said:
I had a chance to play this game and try out quite a few characters and different levels. Impressions are on the Xbox 360 version played on a Samsung 50inch HDTV at 720p.

Basically in a nutshell this game rocks. I've been saying over and over for people not to go by screenshots since most of them are too up close on the characters and scenes but even I was surprised. The smoke effects and simple things like shadows and reflections on the floor really shine through. The texture bump on the characters look great as well. It really is worth the extra 10 bucks more for the 360 or PS3 version. This isn't like the GUN fiasco back when the 360 launch, there is a very clear difference in the ports.

I was a bit dissappointed to find my favorite feature from the Xmen Legends games gone though. You don't seem to be able to choose what powers you learn and how you grow them by dividing up stat points this time. You do earn experience in the background but the characters automatically leveled up learned new abilities. As an RPG lover I really enjoyed the customization of the Legends game. I feel there was a reason they did this though and it seems to be to streamline the game for multiplayer. In these type of games during multiplayer I know its a pain for everyone to keep pausing the game everytime their character levels up so I can understand the reasoning.

They seem to try and balance this out by offering a shit ton of characters to choose from. There are some powers that seem to be reused for characters but overall the characters are a lot more unique in their abilities compared to the Legends game. Mr. Fantastic was really fun to play with his "metroid ball" attack. Collossus was also fun to play with alot of his brutal animations. When he grabs enemies he carries them around by the neck and you can walk around the whole level with them just dangling in your hand. There were some developers there and when both the Hulk and Punishers names were dropped if in the game the only response was "were not allowed to say" so there is some hope there. Special teams are back to and even more of them with bonuses that stack now.

We were assusred Xbox Live will rock. They also assured that PS3 will be online as well. Multiplayer will be fun, and I really think the game was made more in that direction. There is a standard co-op mode but the interesting new mode is Arcade mode. Basically it will keep track of each characters stats during the level you play and compare them on leaderboards so you can see who did the best during the level and who was slacking. The difficulty seems to have taken a jump as well as the enemies seem to work together better and have no problem surrounding one character and just beating the shit out of them quickly.

So overall really great looking game that should not be judged by screenshots. Really fun, especially if you plan on going multiplayer in your house or online. Fans of the Xmen Legends game will and should pick this up and everyone else really needs to give it a shot. The differences made in this game may be more to your liking.

Cool impressions.

Where did you play it? Did you play the PS3 or Wii versions?

Ponn

Banned
Alkaliine said:
Cool impressions.

Where did you play it? Did you play the PS3 or Wii versions?

I got to play it at a fan event with some developers. I did not get to play the PS3 version, but the majority of impressions on that version have it pretty much the same as the 360 version but with a few added effects. (I did get to see a test PS3 system though, pretty cool looking).

Did not see the Wii version, I was really hoping to get my hands on it and the Wii Mote. It's being developed by Vicarious Visions. The developers at Raven said they got to play it and said the control scheme is really cool. Just about everyone agreed that it felt awkward at first but then after some minutes it started to feel natural to play and it was really fun. They also mentioned that when it was announced they were making a Wii version Vicarious Visions went and specifically asked to be able to work on it so that seems promising that they were excited to want to work on it. He said they went through 4 different control plans till they settled on the current one that they are happy with. The graphics for the Wii version were only described as in between this gen and next gen.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Man Hulk had better be an unlockable... otherwise I won't be able to make the new Fantastic Four team!

Screenboy

DarienA said:
Man Hulk had better be an unlockable... otherwise I won't be able to make the new Fantastic Four team!

Word 'round the campfire is some other company has The Hulk liscence therefore he can't be in this game.

Ponn

Banned
DarienA said:

Defenders was mentioned as a possible team sooooooo...

or was it Invaders.

Top Bottom