• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor210

shaowebb said:
My big fear is when Dark Phoenix comes out with HER traps. She can place multiples and wall your entry if you lose a guy and are coming in. Hell isn't the ground one an infinite for her or is it only when Dark Phoenix gets X-factor?

Xbox-360
Dynasty Penguin
Basically, it all comes down to magically blocking everything in order to actually hit the ground - and then X-factor so you can't continuously be chipped out.

With Trish, her stuff is just a minor annoyance - it doesn't FLY ACROSS THE SCREEN AND CHIP OUT A THIRD OF YOUR LIFE

ApolloJoh said:
Dive kicks. Don't forget the dive kicks.
My strategy is to annoy the hell out of them so that they completely forget that they have to block dive kicks :D

Ferrio

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Pretty much this, although psn has a chat room for the same thing :p

Actually a spreadsheet with people's usernames as well as what fighting games they currently play would be handy.

Actually a spreadsheet with people's usernames as well as what fighting games they currently play would be handy.
Is that something we could update the OT with or something? I'm trying to think of the laziest way we can do this.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
shaowebb said:
We should just start posting what system we're all on and our gamer tags in our posts for this thread to keep matchups between gaffers going. I don't think I've matched up against anyone here except Sixfortyfive.

Xbox-360
Dynasty Penguin

Do people still use the "GAF MvC3" gamertag? Or rather, are the people who added it still regularly playing matches? I've been thinking of adding it, but still somewhat hesitant as I still suck rather hard compared to most people here.

rivals

Writing a webapp to manage all of this really wouldn't be difficult, but I don't have any hosting right now since I've been too lazy to get my EC2 instance up and running. Maybe I'll take it on as a side project. We should definitely do a spreadsheet or something in the meantime, but a db would be easiest to relate multiple games, platforms, gaf accounts and various usernames per platform.

Ferrio

Banned
rivals said:
Writing a webapp to manage all of this really wouldn't be difficult, but I don't have any hosting right now since I've been too lazy to get my EC2 instance up and running. Maybe I'll take it on as a side project. We should definitely do a spreadsheet or something in the meantime, but a db would be easiest to relate multiple games, platforms, gaf accounts and various usernames per platform.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427298

I could easily write a really nice webapp, but I'm too lazy when a spreadsheet will do the same thing minus nice security measures.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Added myself too. I actually own a bunch of these games, but Marvel is the only one that managed to grab me enough to actually play online more than one or two try-out sessions.

Ferrio

Banned
Nils said:
Added myself too. I actually own a bunch of these games, but Marvel is the only one that managed to grab me enough to actually play online more than one or two try-out sessions.

Same.

Neki

Karsticles said:
Is that something we could update the OT with or something? I'm trying to think of the laziest way we can do this.
Get God's Beard to do it, he doesn't do anything constructive anyways.

P.S were you always a junior? lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.justin.tv/stream0nster/b/283595425?

These FlashMetroid vs. the world matches are hype as fuck. So many close to the wire Dark Phoenix battles, Iron Man combos our of air grab > Smart bomb > flight mode combos with relaunch. Iron Avenger just to get in on Phoenix. DAMN.

Also dat 100% Taskmaster combo with DHC into storm was ridic.

TP

I planned on putting this game aside until spectator mode was released but I don't think that's happening =/. Maybe next time i'll buy used

USD said:
Just a reminder, Team Sp00ky will be streaming Guard Crush 15 later today. There's also Wednesday Night Fights, streamed this week by Offcast.
Awesome, will watch

Nils said:
Do people still use the "GAF MvC3" gamertag? Or rather, are the people who added it still regularly playing matches? I've been thinking of adding it, but still somewhat hesitant as I still suck rather hard compared to most people here.

I don't know if they still play online but there are 4 people playing the game right now. Im not that great either, if you want someone to play with send me a friend request.

Ferrio said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427298

I could easily write a really nice webapp, but I'm too lazy when a spreadsheet will do the same thing minus nice security measures.

I think i'll add myself

Neki

enzo_gt said:
http://www.justin.tv/stream0nster/b/283595425?

These FlashMetroid vs. the world matches are hype as fuck. So many close to the wire Dark Phoenix battles, Iron Man combos our of air grab > Smart bomb > flight mode combos with relaunch. Iron Avenger just to get in on Phoenix. DAMN.

Also dat 100% Taskmaster combo with DHC into storm was ridic.

those two games where he won against DP in the last 3 second were INSANE lol.

shaowebb said:
Well I filled it out but you didn't put in a slot for 360 users at all so I had to list that I'm 360 in paranthesis.

X-box 360 gamertag
Dynasty Penguin

Look at the bottom. There's a tab for XBox Live.

Get God's Beard to do it, he doesn't do anything constructive anyways.

P.S were you always a junior? lol.
Yup, I applied like...in June of last year, but wasn't approved until January.

I added myself to the list.

mr. puppy

Banned
ah well she hulk/tron/ammy was fun to roll before a ton of other people picked it up stuff exactly like it.

is there any other assist like tron/akuma that lets you get in but doesn't completely leave the character vulnerable if the assist misses? is Chun-Li's legs in there?

I want something to help a rushdown Zero to get in really....

mr. puppy said:
ah well she hulk/tron/ammy was fun to roll before a ton of other people picked it up stuff exactly like it.

is there any other assist like tron/akuma that lets you get in but doesn't completely leave the character vulnerable if the assist misses? is Chun-Li's legs in there?

I want something to help a rushdown Zero to get in really....

Doom beam, Ironman unibeam, magneto's EM, any beam, should help you.

DR2K

Banned
I need a low tier team, there has to be some synergy though. Anyone got suggestions? I'm aware there is no tier list.

QisTopTier said:
No the opposite, but I like multitasking.

uPSq9.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Swear to god that was one of the most beautiful combos I've ever seen. Hyper Grav Loop into Lvl 3 into another Hyper Grav loop into another lvl 3. Shit was so free.

Just came back from a ten win streak on ranked and the game definitely seems way more responsive when you just change the language. I don't know what they did to ranked, but it's netting me matches more quickly than before.

All we need now is reduced lag when we are in the middle of the fight and spectator mode. Give me that and this is a game for the ages.

DO IT CAPCOM

I forgot to mention something about the streak earlier. I accidentally picked "random all" on my 9th match and got stuck with Chris, Wesker and Arthur. The match seemed like it was going to be over before it even began, but Wekser just plays like a dream.

His S attack has great priority, his hyper is fast and his damage and health make me feel safe as hell when playing with him. I actually won the match and I got curious about how he would work so I spent some time in the lab with him...

He is really good, but I hate the guy soooo much. Playing with him and Ammy really takes her game up a notch and she pairs really well with him. It's so nice to have an OTG assist...

Edit: Anyone up for some games on either system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom