• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

SolarPowered said:
I forgot to mention something about the streak earlier. I accidentally picked "random all" on my 9th match and got stuck with Chris, Wesker and Arthur. The match seemed like it was going to be over before it even began, but Wekser just plays like a dream.

His S attack has great priority, his hyper is fast and his damage and health make me feel safe as hell when playing with him. I actually won the match and I got curious about how he would work so I spent some time in the lab with him...

He is really good, but I hate the guy soooo much. Playing with him and Ammy really takes her game up a notch and she pairs really well with him. It's so nice to have an OTG assist...

Edit: Anyone up for some games on either system?

Sure whats your PSN?

QisTopTier said:
I'll ready your grave :D
Sollune already dug a hole for me. I guess you get to lower the casket.

:p

I just finished playing fourteen matches with him, but I can play a few with you if you want.

Edit: Just leave a post if you want to rumble. My PS3 is off at the moment.

shaowebb

Man Mike Ross dumped his Hulk and sold out to Sent anchor again for WNF. Rolled Storm/Thor/Sent

Great keep away so I can't know it. I like keep away sent I just didn't expect the Hulk drop.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
Sollune already dug a hole for me. I guess you get to lower the casket.

:p

I just finished playing fourteen matches with him, but I can play a few with you if you want.

Edit: Just leave a post if you want to rumble. My PS3 is off at the moment.

Maybe in an hour or so Ill mess with captain vs ya

2Crisis

Grecco said:
Wont be too long till Ross drops Thor as well.

Is the Gaurd Crush done? Who won it?

Guard Crush is still going... 1:30 AM over there. AE finals right now, then it should be back to finish off Marvel.

Grifter

who's the asian dude announcing on the wnf stream right now? it was bugging me that i recognized him and i just realized that we were in a pool for sf4 in pax.

Ferrio

Banned
Much like Xfactor pheonix makes the game retarded. Not talking bout balanced... just plain retarded. When games have to resort to someone running around for 40 seconds that isn't fun.

kirblar

There are a metric crap-ton of Magnetos here, all using the DHC glitch. Man, I hope they fix that soon, because every other match seems to have Mag/Zero or Mag/Dante to try and easily one-touch kill people.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ferrio said:
Much like Xfactor pheonix makes the game retarded. Not talking bout balanced... just plain retarded. When games have to resort to someone running around for 40 seconds that isn't fun.
I genuinely enjoy watching anti-Phoenix runaway.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
That Slime on Marn's shirt ain't smiling anymore.

Real lack of variety this week at WNF. Same small selection of characters over and over.

Dahbomb

If I could describe this week's WNF it would be that every team is either using the DHC glitch as a main component of their strategy or Phoenix or some other combinations of a top tier team.

So much of the same stuff: Magneto, Dante, Taskmaster, Sentinel, Phoenix, Zero, Wesker. In different combinations.

One guy used Arthur as anchor and did pretty well. And Iron Man too.

Someone give the girl a god damn chair please. She's been standing there for like an hour.

Ferrio

Banned
kirblar said:
There are a metric crap-ton of Magnetos here, all using the DHC glitch. Man, I hope they fix that soon, because every other match seems to have Mag/Zero or Mag/Dante to try and easily one-touch kill people.

Ya they need to kill it. At this rate it'll cause a big portion of the cast to be unusable.

Barrage

All this complaining about the DHC trick/Phoenix....

Neither of which appeared in the Guard Crush Finals.

Each and every tourney it's shown that top-level play trumps them gimmicks every time.

Ferrio

Banned
Barrage said:
Each and every tourney it's shown that top-level play trumps them gimmicks every time.

DHC trick isn't a gimmick though. It uses characters that are already extremely good, factor in the dhc trick and it's just retarded.

It gets around a system capcom specifically made to limit all characters, it's retarded than only a fraction of them should be allowed to get around it.

Dahbomb

Barrage said:
All this complaining about the DHC trick/Phoenix....

Neither of which appeared in the Guard Crush Finals.

That's true but this WNF was missing a lot of top level players.

Justin Wong, Floe, ClakyD, Richard Nguyen etc.

I think Viscant's Wesker was easily the best Wesker I have seen at WNF thus far. He probably deserves the win.

Ferrio said:
DHC trick isn't a gimmick though. It uses characters that are already extremely good, factor in the dhc trick and it's just retarded.
This. Let's see which characters can use the DHC trick (out of those played at WNF):

Magneto, Wesker, Dante, Zero, Phoenix (although no one has used it with her), Storm, Sentinel, Taskmaster, Wolverine, Amaterasu.

Just make a team out of those characters and you are set.

Dahbomb

DryEyeRelief said:
ClakeyD and Richard N are there
? Wow I missed a lot of action then.

And I have been saying this day 1 but Magneto's EM Disruptor is too good in this game. It's ridiculous that a character of that archetype who can both build meter, do insane damage off combos, full screen LVL3, insane mobility and speed mix ups, huge damage off of throws etc also has the option to zone excellently just on the power of one move.

Dahbomb

These guys look like they play each other all the time and are just fudging up the finals so they can split the pot.

SMH.

This is the first time I have seen a Dante/Sentinel team win WNF.

Finally reached 8th lord status after a horrible two day ordeal full of tatsu spam, mediocre Taskmasters, annoying Wolverines, DBZ level Akuma and Tornado-like Dantes. Holy hell I don't want to imagine what it is like the higher your rank gets.

I even fought a Trish who just spammed traps all day from the air while throwing Tron assist on the bottom. I laughed, I cried, I raged and I even met new friends. It's been a long night.

Goodniiiiight

Dahbomb

OH and Josh Wong won on the East coast side with Dante/Sentinel/Felicia. It was him and MarlinPie in the finals and he won because MarlinePie dropped one too many touch of death combos with Viper. Josh's Dante was really solid, he threw out Crystal at the best times for bait and to keep his moves safe along with other nice technology.

Nose Master

Plopping through some trials again, really easy now. I haven't touched them since day one. She-Hulk and Ammy are going to take a bit of work, though. I can't fucking stand those weapon change / dash inputs.

Decided to troll gameFAQs and offer to play some random people and got this today xD
Hmm, who were you posting as? GameFAQs actually does have some good players; if you want to face off against them, I'm glad to tell you which users to look up.

Finally reached 8th lord status after a horrible two day ordeal full of tatsu spam, mediocre Taskmasters, annoying Wolverines, DBZ level Akuma and Tornado-like Dantes. Holy hell I don't want to imagine what it is like the higher your rank gets.

I even fought a Trish who just spammed traps all day from the air while throwing Tron assist on the bottom. I laughed, I cried, I raged and I even met new friends. It's been a long night.

Goodniiiiight
It's pretty much the same at higher ranks, but people are better at it. You won't start finding good players at any rank, just because lag makes people go for the cheaper strategies (myself included).

Dahbomb

Phoenix is the most hated character in the game. I feel sorry for her. :(

And she hasn't even won a tournament of repute yet.

By the way, those Wesker frame traps/loop set ups/command throws by Vincant on incoming characters was some next level stuff. Totally destroyed just about everyone he went up against up until the last match where he was unable to kill off Dante to mix up the next character. It's too bad his other 2 characters were not as good as his Point.

Stuff like this is going to be become very important in the game's future, not DHC glitch exploitation. Especially against Phoenix teams, I saw that Vincant raped every Phoenix player in the tournament because of his set ups/mix ups.

Phoenix is the most hated character in the game. I feel sorry for her. :(

And she hasn't even won a tournament of repute yet.

By the way, those Wesker frame traps/loop set ups/command throws by Vincant on incoming characters was some next level stuff. Totally destroyed just about everyone he went up against up until the last match where he was unable to kill off Dante to mix up the next character. It's too bad his other 2 characters were not as good as his Point.

Stuff like this is going to be become very important in the game's future, not DHC glitch exploitation. Especially against Phoenix teams, I saw that Vincant raped every Phoenix player in the tournament because of his set ups/mix ups.
But, just like with Sentinel, the hatred is misdirected. Dark Phoenix is not overpowered at all, just Dark Phoenix backed by level 3 X-Factor.

It is funny that most people are focusing on max damage combos and such instead of resets/mix-ups/traps, which are what actually win the game.

notworksafe

Jean is my favorite character. :( She has a lot of fun moves and her trap assist is super helpful. She also works well with the other characters on my team (Haggar and Sent) because they don't need Hyper meter to be awesome.

However she can be pretty easily negated, so I wouldn't call her overpowered. Heck, on a good day someone with excellent keepaway can annoy me all to hell.

hitsugi

Karsticles said:
But, just like with Sentinel, the hatred is misdirected. Dark Phoenix is not overpowered at all, just Dark Phoenix backed by level 3 X-Factor.

It is funny that most people are focusing on max damage combos and such instead of resets/mix-ups/traps, which are what actually win the game.

dark phoenix can 100% pretty effortlessly without xfactor as well.. she's definitely a handful. personally, I prefer just playing phoenix but capcom has made it so that you basically need 5 bars to have her out with any sort of comfort level.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
But every Phoenix player saves the LVL3 XF for Phoenix. At least you can run away from LVL3 Sentinel.

I still agree, it's the combination not DP itself that is overpowered. I have been saying this for a long time but I truly feel that all levels of X Factor should at least be the same time, not more than 10 seconds.

Also Phoenix + Healing shield vs Zero is totally free. Zero's attack last for so long and do so little damage per hit that the healing rate is higher than his damage. He can do a 9 second combo and would hardly scratch Phoenix with Healing.

Dahbomb

Depends on the hyper actually. It it's a beam super that pushes you away, it's gonna hurt but if it's something like Sentinel's Plasma Field you can get out of it unscathed. The other guy has to be in the range of the healing field for Phoenix to heal.

hitsugi

There seems to be a lot of complaining about seeing "the same characters over and over".. especially after the last couple of tournaments.

I know most of you are (or should be) aware of this, but in time, no matter what capcom nerfs or removes from the game, tiers will emerge and those will be the characters that you see most often; there's no stopping that.

The DHC glitch is pretty powerful, but most of those teams can kill a character with 2 bars regardless. The only character that we aren't seeing enough of right now is Viper.. everything else seems about right in terms of what we currently know about this game.

jdub03

Axis said:
gg's jdub!

Yeah GG. I need to put in more work into my viper. I know how to do the box loop but I never remember to go for it. For some reason I could not block your trijumps with viper.

dark phoenix can 100% pretty effortlessly without xfactor as well..
This is called an exaggeration.

Depends on the hyper actually. It it's a beam super that pushes you away, it's gonna hurt but if it's something like Sentinel's Plasma Field you can get out of it unscathed. The other guy has to be in the range of the healing field for Phoenix to heal.
My understanding of Healing Field is that it just heals back red damage; I don't think it actually reduces damage taken in general. You're just healing back the red damage as you take each hit, making the damage dealt smaller.

For the life of me I can't seem to do any flight combos which puts so many characters off the list for me to use. :|
The trick is to learn to cancel into flight the moment your H hits. Cancel all of that recovery.

If you're only having trouble online, then that's another story.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'll be picking the game up tonight... not looking to be an online world warrior like I was in playing SSFIV. I just want to be able to beat the CPU on Hard, that's about my only goal...

... I know about the SRK Hyper Guide, are there are more detailed videos or guides, or lists online for learning which characters have OTG Assits and Attacks?

jdub03

Adam Prime said:
I'll be picking the game up tonight... not looking to be an online world warrior like I was in playing SSFIV. I just want to be able to beat the CPU on Hard, that's about my only goal...

... I know about the SRK Hyper Guide, are there are more detailed videos or guides, or lists online for learning which characters have OTG Assits and Attacks?

I think the shoryuken hyper guide tells you what properties each move has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom