• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Oh god I got someone bitching at me because I use assists. I'm not kidding.

First he starts saying that assists are scrubby, and then drops out the match. I had to get clarification if I heard him right, so I asked. His response:

XcyberSLUDGEx 8/17/2011
whoring them out like u do i didnt even use 1 bitch you needed 50? lol spam is trash

I try to explain that I use my beam hypers to cover my approach and open up damage opportunities, and he replies.

what a joke

I then sent him this:

"That's how you play the game dude. Assists give you an extra function that your character doesn't normally have, thus making them better. If you don't like it, play Street Fighter."

I await his reply.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixfortyfive said:
Week 1: Morrigan/Hsien-Ko/Felicia
Week 3: Taskmaster/Felicia/Morrigan

Stayed the same ever since. I don't know why I don't play Phoenix, honestly. She is exactly my type of character: high-risk high-reward female pixie with all the mobility and power you'd ever need.
That's a pretty minimal change really, amazing how you could stick that close throughout all the developments and stuff.

This was the only reason I ever played or still play Phoenix:

marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-of-two-worlds-20110118054034532.jpg

SO SEXY. This + White/Gold Phoenix colour are some of the best in the game. Phoenix and Spiderman have the best alt colours in the entire game.

EDIT: Watch the break now and GOD Dante mirror matches are fucking painful to watch.

EDIT2: Fucking LOL @ the dropped combo exhibition.

EDIT3: Holy shit a Deadpool level 3!

shaowebb

Oh wow...my teams over the course of this game.

Week 1-Spencer/Haggar/Sentinel
Week 3- Wolverine/Ryu/Taskmaster or Hulk/Taskmaster/Sentinel
Week since I played Sixfortyfive-???/Ryu/Sentinel or Sentinel/Ryu/Spencer

Throughout this entire time I would attempt more and more Haggar teams. Often with She-Hulk on point or Haggar on point with some sort of beam assist to cover him, but in the end they just never felt like they were making him work enough.

My secret joy is and always has been team Haggar/???/???
I just can't find a combination I like for him though. Often I just throw in whoever I'm good with like Sentinel and hope for the best.

sigh...

so free.

Oh well. Day 1 UMVC3 Team "I've waited 15 years to play Iron Fist on Point" Iron Fist/Ryu/Sentinel

DR2K

Banned
I tried to find a team that fit my Rogue/Storm/Tron team. All 3 worked amazingly well together. Tron projectile just amplified Rogue's abilities. Pretty disappointed about the lack of Tron Projectile assist, but once I found out about Gustaff fire, Tron was back. Storm is a lot slower, so adjusting to her was difficult. The new Tron worked well with the new Storm. Now I needed a Rogue replacement. Who was all about Rush down, command grabs, dive kicks, mobility, range, high health, strength. The thing with Rogue is that all her abilities could be amplified with a power drain. Not a single character plays anything like her. I figured She-Hulk would have been a replacement, given the command grabs, mobility, etc. . . she sucks with Storm and is just not my type of character. Used Phoenix on point to replace Rogue, lol fail. Tried Wolverine with his dive kick, too brain dead for me, plus it's not an overhead, and he doesn't work really well with Tron. Only one dive kick character left, Trish. Her dive kick is kind of what I want, should be an overhead though. She plays nothing like Rogue, but works unbelievably well with Storm and Tron.

So my team ended up being Storm on point/Trish in the middle/Tron for her godly assist and xfactor level 3 retardedness.

My alternate team is Chun or Trish/Morrigan/Phoenix. First 2 are batteries and Phoenix is Phoenix, lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
Focus Attack>Life itself

Watching Dante hit with j.S after three beams in Devil trigger mode is ridiculous. Goddamn that mofo is a beast.
The way Dante can adjust himself to make sure any combo hits in the air with his massive hitboxes is fucking ridiculous too.

And on that note, I would hate to play MarlinPie. I mean, I'd rather play Viscant or Justin Wong than MarlinPie. On top of all the nasty stuff he explained in the tutorial, literally getting hit with him once is insta-character death. No ifs or maybes. There are so many dirty mixups he has ready for incoming characters, its terrifying.

Azure J

Marlinpie's Viper skills + all the insane shit going for the character in UMvC3 so far = Azure am hype to see Viper in action in the future.

So...do we have a consensus on the name for the new thread? We are on the final page here.

I still nominate the Wesker related OT. We should avoid using a title that would fit with UMvC3 too.
enzo_gt said:
The way Dante can adjust himself to make sure any combo hits in the air with his massive hitboxes is fucking ridiculous too.
His ground game is really good with those normals, but the hitstun decay with him is just wild. I never expected him to be that good in the air.
enzo_gt said:
And on that note, I would hate to play MarlinPie. I mean, I'd rather play Viscant or Justin Wong than MarlinPie. On top of all the nasty stuff he explained in the tutorial, literally getting hit with him once is insta-character death. No ifs or maybes. There are so many dirty mixups he has ready for incoming characters, its terrifying.
I wouldn't want to play him that much either. Getting stuffed over and over would get irritating after a while and I'm not even sure that gold pendulum can stop that madness.

LakeEarth

God, my lobby is clearly marked "intermediates" but this one guy with a 95% win record won't leave. He did a 114 hit combo on me earlier. And he capitalizes on every hit, even odd bounces and mid-combo crossups.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
So...do we have a consensus on the name for the new thread? We are on the final page here.

I still nominate the Wesker related OT. We should avoid using a title that would fit with UMvC3 too.
I like the penultimate one, no one would really confuse it with UMvC3, it is a joke afterall.

But a Wesker related name would be cool too, I liked a lot of the suggestions (including my own hehe).

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Third Time's the Charm
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| We Had a Good Run
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Happy Birthday!
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Three is the Magic Number
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| 10 More Years Weeks (can you have a strike out in the title?)

LakeEarth

My original team was something like Zero/Haggar/Dormammu. At first Haggar was winning me a ton of games, but then people realized you can just zone him out. When the DHC glitch was discovered, I tried to find to rock a Spencer/Wesker/Doom team, just so I could do the glitch.

Later I figured I did way better with Dormammu, so I came up with a Dormammu/Doom/Haggar team. I later got more comfortable with Doom, and once I realized Haggar's assist was a hard knockdown, which just makes Doom even better.

LakeEarth said:
God, my lobby is clearly marked "intermediates" but this one guy with a 95% win record won't leave. He did a 114 hit combo on me earlier. And he capitalizes on every hit, even odd bounces and mid-combo crossups.
All I get are retarded beam spammers and weskers who blow their XF the moment I start laying down the law. All the beams are driving me crazy. I can't wait to counter their scrubby shit with Dr.Strange haha.

I did fight a spidey who had this crazy mixup on my incoming characters. He would almost instantly kill them if I blocked wrong. He was still scrubby with his rapid teabags and beam happy Akuma though. Poor bastard got mauled and I got my 4th lord title back!
enzo_gt said:
I like the penultimate one, no one would really confuse it with UMvC3, it is a joke afterall.

But a Wesker related name would be cool too, I liked a lot of the suggestions (including my own hehe).
Which one was your title?

I hope the title for the UMvC3 is a good one. I didn't get the title for this one at all until way later. The UMvC3 one should have Gene in it if only to promote the character to thousands of viewers. I think it would be a good idea to go down that route.

I play most of the cast, but I didn't have as many teams as people would think, considering my reputation...

Gamespot tournament:
Wesker/Dormammu/Amaterasu

Early teams:
Phoenix/Dormammu/C.Viper(don't ask)
Captain America/Thor/Iron Man
Jill/Thor/Sentinel
Jill/Thor/Doom
Magneto/Doom/Amaterasu
Dormammu/Iron Man/Phoenix
Magneto/Doom/Phoenix

Current:
Magneto/C.Viper/Doom

Looking ahead:
C.Viper/Doom/Strider
Magneto/Nemesis/Ghost Rider

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
Which one was your title?

I hope the title for the UMvC3 is a good one. I didn't get the title for this one at all until way later. The UMvC3 one should have Gene in it if only to promote the character to thousands of viewers. I think it would be a good idea to go down that route.
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| To Tijuana and beyond!
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Chapstick is god tier.

I also liked |OT3| We did not survive.

I can't wait to get my hands on Dr.Strange. I think my Strange vs your Dormammu is gonna spawn a scary rivalry haha.
You and Ultimoo...so many closet Dormammu slayers.

If I had my way I would add a couple of things for true MAHVEL power.

-cr.H can OTG for a single relaunch(You will not survive!)
-You can combo into sempu Bu in the air and on the ground(Damage scaling will hurt the combo, but it is just for swag factor)
-She would have a crouching hitbox as small as Ammy(She is 5'1" and she stands with her knees bent so she should easily fit the profile!)
-Increase the range on her command grab and decrease start up by 2 frames on each one except heavy.

I present A+ tier Hsien-Ko!
Besides your list, I'd just add that she should be able to combo off of her throws - all of them. I think throw combos should be universal in this game.

MastaCJ using Umehara's team. The world has ended
He said earlier that he was dropping Dormammu because he's too slow.

My secret joy is and always has been team Haggar/???/???
I just can't find a combination I like for him though. Often I just throw in whoever I'm good with like Sentinel and hope for the best.
If you're on PSN, a guy I know uses Haggar/Hsien-ko/Arthur, and does really really well with them; Evulsoidier.

I also liked |OT3| We did not survive.
Reminds me of WoW. :p

Kimosabae

Banned
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3|: Four Face Buttons Activate Simon Cowell

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3|: Three Meter Resurrection

Karsticles said:
You and Ultimoo...so many closet Dormammu slayers.
I'm hardly a slayer lol. You'd probably whoop my ass if your game is as good as your talk.
Karsticles said:
Besides your list, I'd just add that she should be able to combo off of her throws - all of them. I think throw combos should be universal in this game.
I wanted to mention this, but I was not sure if I was going overboard so I left it out lol.

It wouldn't even matter if she got the rest of those changes. Most players fail hard against her normals and being able to relaunch would stop most characters dead in their tracks
Karsticles said:
Screw Thormaster.

Jintor

Just when I think I'm starting to get a little better, my brother pulls out Hulk/Wesker/Ryu and either jumping hulk-smash-bounce spams, teleport spams, or invincibility supers every damn thing I pull

Magneto and Dante bring dat salt.

The stats are very cool and level headed so far outside of those two lol.

Edit: Forgot to mention Wolverine lol.

Thanks for the link Karsticles. This is a very cool survey here.

ReiGun

I honestly thought I'd be the first one to put minor instead of major nerfs on Phoenix. I feel that if she's nerfed too heavily, she's going to be worthless. I feel that one action in the air + health nerf + general x-factor nerf goes a long way in bringing her down. I'm curious what else other people what to see done to her.

Surprised more people don't want Taskmaster nerfed.

I'm hardly a slayer lol. You'd probably whoop my ass if your game is as good as your talk.
We'll see eh?

I wanted to mention this, but I was not sure if I was going overboard so I left it out lol.

It wouldn't even matter if she got the rest of those changes. Most players fail hard against her normals and being able to relaunch would stop most characters dead in their tracks
A summary of my thoughts:
1) X-Factor is huge in this game.
2) Chickenblocking is really strong in Marvel.
3) Therefore, every character needs to be able to make their air throws hurt, or that character is automatically gimp as an X-Factor user, and thus partially gimp as a character.

Comboing off ground throws isn't as big of a deal, because ground throws are just another mixup. As long as a character has some combination of a comboable ground throw, low attacks (universal), an instant overhead, and a standard overhead, they're a threat up close, but every character needs at least two of those. Those who don't get rushed hard because there's no real fear when you are face-to-face with them.

Also, all command throws should combo; what the heck is the point of a 100K throw that leads to nothing?

Thanks for the link Karsticles. This is a very cool survey here.
I thought I would share it with GAF, but I'd rather it not get to GFAQs or C-U...

I honestly thought I'd be the first one to put minor instead of major nerfs on Phoenix.
I put minor.

He's good, but characters SHOULD be good. There's nothing about him that screams "total BS" to me, he's just good. Wolverine is total BS though, because no one should have an invincible teleport attack. It's just dumb. Otherwise I'm fine with Wolverine.

ReiGun

Karsticles said:
He's good, but characters SHOULD be good. There's nothing about him that screams "total BS" to me, he's just good. Wolverine is total BS though, because no one should have an invincible teleport attack. It's just dumb. Otherwise I'm fine with Wolverine.
Agreed. I was more thinking along the lines of people wanting popular good characters nerfed, which seems to happen all the time. But I guess people find Taskmaster more fair than say Magneto or Wesker.

shaowebb

Karsticles said:
If you're on PSN, a guy I know uses Haggar/Hsien-ko/Arthur, and does really really well with them; Evulsoidier.

Wait...what?!

Somebody is actually rocking team bottom tier and winning?! I must see this. I'm 360 though so I sincerely hope this guy starts recording matches.

LakeEarth

ReiGun said:
Well he is semi-nerfed just from the removal of the DHC glitch, and down arrow hyper actually scales (they didn't before, which is why they did so much damage). But then again, air x-factor is a buff for him.

LakeEarth said:
Well he is semi-nerfed just from the removal of the DHC glitch, and down arrow hyper actually scales (they didn't before, which is why they did so much damage). But then again, air x-factor is a buff for him.
Was that true only for the down arrows? Never knew that.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3|: You Will Not Survive
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3|: Swiss Cheese?
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3|: We Cant Control it!
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3|: JJJJJEEEEEAAAAANNNNN!
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3|: Thats my joint

Came back after catching some shut eye and I'm glad to see that people are still voting.

Edit: So many new titles and only one thread...

:(
Karsticles said:
A summary of my thoughts:
1) X-Factor is huge in this game.
2) Chickenblocking is really strong in Marvel.
3) Therefore, every character needs to be able to make their air throws hurt, or that character is automatically gimp as an X-Factor user, and thus partially gimp as a character.

Comboing off ground throws isn't as big of a deal, because ground throws are just another mixup. As long as a character has some combination of a comboable ground throw, low attacks (universal), an instant overhead, and a standard overhead, they're a threat up close, but every character needs at least two of those. Those who don't get rushed hard because there's no real fear when you are face-to-face with them.
cr.H being an OTG move is seeming more and more sensible by the minute. The fact that the blades roll across the ground makes Capcom's omission even more herp derp than before.
Karsticles said:
Also, all command throws should combo; what the heck is the point of a 100K throw that leads to nothing?
It is supposed to lead to character variety. You are just not utilizing the character properly.

/Capcom trollface
Karsticles said:
I thought I would share it with GAF, but I'd rather it not get to GFAQs or C-U...
Good call lol
Karsticles said:
I put minor.
I'm pretty sure that I put minor as well.
Karsticles said:
I think everyone was buffed and nerfed on my survey besides C.Viper who I think should stay about the same.

The only nerfs I would like to apply to Taskmaster is a decrease on the arrow damage from 180K to 120K and a decrease in his health. That shit is out of hand and he can take out 1/3rd of your point character's life in chip(which doesn't recover) if they can't get in after fifteen seconds or so. A reduction to 950K would feel just about right. He is not as mobile as Wesker, but 1.1million health for a guy with ridiculously good chip+keepaway and fantastic normals is eh....

mr. puppy said:
OT3: Back of the bus, Phoenix!
Phoenix wasn't nerfed that hard, was she? I thought she's basically just forced to be the offensive powerhouse she was designed to be instead of the rundown queen that suddenly turns you into a pile of ash people were playing her as?

shaowebb

Master Milk said:
Phoenix wasn't nerfed that hard, was she? I thought she's basically just forced to be the offensive powerhouse she was designed to be instead of the rundown queen that suddenly turns you into a pile of ash people were playing her as?

Forcing her to have only one action in the air before crash landing is pretty big. It forces her to stay on the ground eating chips from rushdown attempts. Folks got to play her pretty smart now. Plus she got another health nerf for some reason and I can't remember if her hit stun or anything was tweaked on any of her moves. I forgot to check.

Thing is she is probably gonna be dropped without that ability to stay in the air until its orb friendly to go for the mixup. She's still dangerous, but not so ridiculously so now.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3|: Because its nerf or nothing!

LordAlu

My choices:
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| of not making it to |OT4|
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3|: BIONIC AAAARRRRMMMM!
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| - Now a UMvC3 Thread

_dementia said:
OT3 | Penultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
People keep posting this one, but I think it should be left for UMvC3 as a friendly little jab at Capcom.

The Wesker one probably fits best or maybe something Viscant related haha.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
_dementia said:
Really? I though I was being original :(

Still fully behind Penultimate. An EVO reference would date the thread a bit too much I think.

Nils said:
Still fully behind Penultimate. An EVO reference would date the thread a bit too much I think.
It ain't like EVO was long ago and this thread will only be alive for another ten weeks or so lol.

The "Penultimate MvC3" is perfect for UMvC3 seeing as we know that it won't be the last.
_dementia said:
Really? I though I was being original :(
It is a fantastic title, but it is meant for the new MvC3.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Third Time's the Charm
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| We Had a Good Run
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Happy Birthday!
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Three is the Magic Number
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| 10 More Years Weeks (can you have a strike out in the title?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom