• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
wow really liked both strange and nemesis. liked what i saw from strange the most though. although it kinda pisses me off that there is a new teleporting character. vergil will be another one as well. am i the only one that thinks its too many?

USD

_dementia said:
Oh may bad. I just saw it yesterday and assumed it was recent.
Ryan Hunter was talking about that several days ago on MarlinPie/Quotes's stream, maybe that's why it popped up again.

Jintor said:
Dark_Gray_Aris.jpg

Hahahahaha. I might pick one of these up.

JeTmAn81

I'm liking both of these reveals. Dr. Strange looks like he has a million options for opening you up (looks like they used Magneto as a template, very evident in his jumping S), and Nemesis is another Hulk-like character so that's cool with me. I also noticed in the general trailer that there was another instance of Hulk's new charge move. It kind of looks like it might be his version of a focus attack, so it would be great if it was unblockable on full charge.

Tobe

FUCK YEAH Dr. Strange looks awesome!!!! i think they made him having in mind that people wanted to use regular phoenix because of fireball teleport mixups instead of DP.

shaowebb

I am going to call it now...Viscant dumps Phoenix for Dr Strange.

Teleports, projectiles, traps, disruptor like spam, AND Magneto rushdown on a character with good health and a lvl 3 that is pretty damned beast on damage?

Yeah Dr Strange is likely gonna S tier in my opinion.

His assist looks damned find as a wall (though crouching will cut through it).

• Traps
  • Beam spam
  • FAST magneto style rushdown
  • teleport mixups
  • Ability to place obstacles in air and knock them into shit like GG Venom
  • Ability to reflect his fireball off of crystals to change its direction and mix you up BIG
  • Ability to summon that energy tunnel like dorm
  • Sick hypers
Did I miss anything with him? Does he also have flight?

He looks like the crammed Phoenix, Dormammu, Magneto, and MODOK all into one guy (some of his animations appear to be repurposed Magneto)

Nemesis looks like a straightforward dude with lots of armor. Seeing him punch through Chun's invincible start up hyper with his own invincible punches was nice. Main thing is his tentacle grab attempts looked cancellable into both supers and hypers. Thats useful for adapting to missed grabs to try and catch people or just to stay safe.

I like how Nemesis hypers OTG or just plain pop you back up in the air afterwards. Looks like he will get some easy bazooka or hyper resets and with that kind of damage thats pretty dangerous. Looks like they repurposed Haggar animations for him though. Feels cheap with the move repurposing but whatever this looks pretty fun.

Dr Strange is gonna be a damned nightmare to fight though. He's got about every gameplan on deck to rape you with. I get the feeling him and Strider may be come good pals for setting up teleport mixups with Strider off of Dr Strange assists. Hope the energy tunnel and beams are his other assists...

EDIT: Someone also pointed out that one of his hypers may be a "reflect" type move similar to what some of us hoped for if we got Bishop or something. If the move works the way they're mentioning in the other thread it may act as a counter to a projectile that will reflect a higher priority beam at you if you attack it. I'll have to watch the Hyper Sentinel Force vs Dr Strange hyper to see, but I don't think I'll be able to tell if this is the case or not from that clip.
Hope this gets tested because projectile counter hyper is something we've lacked since we tend to only get physical attack hyper counters for guys like with Tasky and Wesker. Makes Ryu, Sentinel ,Ironman, and any other hyper chip outs risky if this is the case.

shaowebb said:
I am going to call it now...Viscant dumps Phoenix for Dr Strange.

Teleports, projectiles, traps, disruptor like spam, AND Magneto rushdown on a character with good health and a lvl 3 that is pretty damned beast on damage?

Yeah Dr Strange is likely gonna S tier in my opinion.

His assist looks damned find as a wall (though crouching will cut through it).

• Traps
  • Beam spam
  • FAST magneto style rushdown
  • teleport mixups
  • Ability to place obstacles in air and knock them into shit like GG Venom
  • Ability to reflect his fireball off of crystals to change its direction and mix you up BIG
  • Ability to summon that energy tunnel like dorm
  • Sick hypers
Did I miss anything with him? Does he also have flight?

He looks like the crammed Phoenix, Dormammu, Magneto, and MODOK all into one guy (some of his animations appear to be repurposed Magneto)

Nemesis looks like a straightforward dude with lots of armor. Seeing him punch through Chun's invincible start up hyper with his own invincible punches was nice. Main thing is his tentacle grab attempts looked cancellable into both supers and hypers. Thats useful for adapting to missed grabs to try and catch people or just to stay safe.

I like how Nemesis hypers OTG or just plain pop you back up in the air afterwards. Looks like he will get some easy bazooka or hyper resets and with that kind of damage thats pretty dangerous. Looks like they repurposed Haggar animations for him though. Feels cheap with the move repurposing but whatever this looks pretty fun.

Dr Strange is gonna be a damned nightmare to fight though. He's got about every gameplan on deck to rape you with. I get the feeling him and Strider may be come good pals for setting up teleport mixups with Strider off of Dr Strange assists. Hope the energy tunnel and beams are his other assists...

EDIT: Someone also pointed out that one of his hypers may be a "reflect" type move similar to what some of us hoped for if we got Bishop or something. If the move works the way they're mentioning in the other thread it may act as a counter to a projectile that will reflect a higher priority beam at you if you attack it. I'll have to watch the Hyper Sentinel Force vs Dr Strange hyper to see, but I don't think I'll be able to tell if this is the case or not from that clip.
Hope this gets tested because projectile counter hyper is something we've lacked since we tend to only get physical attack hyper counters for guys like with Tasky and Wesker. Makes Ryu, Sentinel ,Ironman, and any other hyper chip outs risky if this is the case.
I'm going to make mincemeat out of beam spammers if Dr.Strange works well with me.

Oh Jesus

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I'm going to make mincemeat out of beam spammers if Dr.Strange works well with me.

Oh Jesus
This projectile/beam counter hyper has ruined my ability to play Iron Man effectively.

No more spamming Unibeam anymore I guess. Thanks a lot for being a party pooper, Dr. Strange.

Hey, Capcom hinted that Hsien/Strange would work well together in MvC3. Remember, Hsien's ending? Does this mean GR and Dante will have good synergy as well? What about IF and Ryu?

shaowebb

mr. puppy said:
can anybody tell what the startup on the counter beam is?
I'd say its invincible considering those Sentinel force drones were about on top of him.

Shit is massively going to change how you have to fight him. There will be no chip death vs Strange. Also his setups look to be the BS they nerfed outta DP with homing attack teleport crossups and screen traps.

Granted it looks as if he has to manually pop his traps like Dorm after a few power of charges, but still a teleport crossup like a mentioned after some of these and you can combo them into the stuff, pop them and reset your combo if you time it right.

I wonder if he is only allowed one sort of object on the screen at once...like only pink crystals for his fireball redirects or only the bombs or thingies that he knocks out of the air at you like Venom's pool balls from Guilty Gear?

If he is limited to only one brand of projectiles in use at a time or at least limitations between what can be out at the same time he will be a little more manageable...not much but anything will be a blessing facing this guy with Haggar @_@

I'm not surprised about Haggar and Tron's invincible assists disappearing at all now. The game would have been straight up broken if you paired some of these characters with Gustav and the lariat.

I can't wait to see the new build!!!!
enzo_gt said:
This projectile/beam counter hyper has ruined my ability to play Iron Man effectively.

No more spamming Unibeam anymore I guess. Thanks a lot for being a party pooper, Dr. Strange.
Iron Man is looking pretty useless right now. I think I can see why they took away his tri jump stuff too...
crimsonspider89 said:
Hey, Capcom hinted that Hsien/Strange would work well together in MvC3. Remember, Hsien's ending? Does this mean GR and Dante will have good synergy as well? What about IF and Ryu?
Is there any evidence for this?
mr. puppy said:
can anybody tell what the startup on the counter beam is?
We don't have exact numbers, but it is bound to be ridiculously fast if it completely snuffs out Akuma and Sentinel's beam/projectile hypers.

If Phoenix can't break his wall then no other beam stands a chance.

shaowebb

Dr Strange's assist seems built for protecting people, but given the usefulness of Hsien Ko's crouching normals to start her combos it'll be a pretty nice way for her to feel safe against rushdown.

Through out the gong, call assist as they jump in and prepare to either follow through on them hitting his assist or follow through with crouching as they do an empty jump to land in front of it. Not unblockable but tricky to deal with if you've been mixing that bait up with standing moves on the jump in or her dash teleport to catch them with a cross up as they land either in hitstun or block stun from smacking into the Strange assist (though doing that dash to cross them up like that won't work if they didn't smack into those orbs).

I'm betting She-hulk will get the most mileage out of those orbs covering her for her crouching combo. If you can throw a flashkick to keep someone in block stun a split second after you call him as an assist she should be able to use her crouching stuff as he appears for unblockables in the corner. Anywhere else and I'm betting she would push them beyond the Assist's range to connect.

Yay for super theory fighter. I hope someone tests the timing on summoning him to tell us if he's slow or fast so I can figure out if I need to induce block stun to trap folks for the high low or not in corners.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
Iron Man is looking pretty useless right now. I think I can see why they took away his tri jump stuff too...
I'm not losing hope just yet. If Seth indeed said they're trying to transition him into a completely different playstyle rather than a poor man's Magneto... what could that possibly mean? He's not equipped to do so, unless Smart Bomb, Repulsar Blast and Unibeam all end up normal-cancellable or something ridiculous of the sort. It's going to be really difficult to transition him into such. If they give him a new move -which I pray they do- it would have to be one that opens up a ton of new combat scenarios, like a trap or something. It's sad that Tony fucking Stark barely makes use of his superior tech at all, and is really limited fighting other characters.

His tri-jump was by far the best thing he had (aside from the most godlike looking level 3, but that's another story). Taking that away through the tweaks in dash deceleration in combination with his double jump means any potential rushdown game he has is gone, and being able to cancel his air dashes will not make up for that lost ability. Are they turning him into a tank or chip-heavy character now? If so, they need to crank up his damage output, but that still won't be enough.

If they changing him to be much different than what he is now, they need to do more than just tweak some numbers and remove some options. They need to add options.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
I'm not losing hope just yet. If Seth indeed said they're trying to transition him into a completely different playstyle rather than a poor man's Magneto... what could that possibly mean? He's not equipped to do so, unless Smart Bomb, Repulsar Blast and Unibeam all end up normal-cancellable or something ridiculous of the sort. It's going to be really difficult to transition him into such. If they give him a new move -which I pray they do- it would have to be one that opens up a ton of new combat scenarios, like a trap or something. It's sad that Tony fucking Stark barely makes use of his superior tech at all, and is really limited fighting other characters.

His tri-jump was by far the best thing he had (aside from the most godlike looking level 3, but that's another story). Taking that away through the tweaks in dash deceleration in combination with his double jump means any potential rushdown game he has is gone, and being able to cancel his air dashes will not make up for that lost ability. Are they turning him into a tank or chip-heavy character now? If so, they need to crank up his damage output, but that still won't be enough.

If they changing him to be much different than what he is now, they need to do more than just tweak some numbers and remove some options. They need to add options.

Give him a new slow moving mixup friendly homing attack or trap and Ironman suddenly becomes a bad Mofo.

Not yet but her pendulum assist will help Strange out and his projectile counter hyper will prevent her from dying.
That's true, Hsien-ko's gold armored assists' primary weakness is beam hypers, and Dr. Strange is a hard counter to those, plus it would let him set up all the traps he wants in peace; what is your opponent going to do about it?

Plus, Dr. Strange has both the double beams and his homing fireball trap, both of which would really help Hsien-ko get in. Hsien-ko is fine with assists that are slightly delayed since she can turtle well, she just can't get in.

Tenrai Ha and Chiretou will DHC into Dr. Strange's pillar hyper, and I bet you can DHC out of Dr. Strange's Pillar up close into Tenrai Ha successfully as well.

BFFs?

Whew! Somehow I missed this when you posted it. Good stuff! Make sure to submit it to SRK.

crimsonspider89 said:
Not yet but her pendulum assist will help Strange out and his projectile counter hyper will prevent her from dying.
I already mentioned this in one of the other threads. It was the very first application of the hyper counter that I came up with. His assists also pair up very well with her, but it doesn't change the fact that Capcom would be putting lipstick on a pig if this is their solution.

Her MvC3 form was inexcusable considering the source material they were were working with and it will be even worse if she does not undergo an overhaul with the crazy amount of A tier characters that are headed to this game.

Still waiting on...

-Cancel pendulum swings
-Better ground/air dash
-Decreased hitsun
-Reduced start up on Chireitou or a level 3
-Hitbox on bombs
-Input change on gongs(I would love multi hit capabilities, but I doubt this will happen)
-Better item throw mechanics(get rid most normal items except maybe two, keep bombs, dizzies, snowmen and oil drum)

None of these changes would even require brand new moves unless they want to add a level three hyper.
Karsticles said:
That's true, Hsien-ko's gold armored assists' primary weakness is beam hypers, and Dr. Strange is a hard counter to those, plus it would let him set up all the traps he wants in peace; what is your opponent going to do about it?

Plus, Dr. Strange has both the double beams and his homing fireball trap, both of which would really help Hsien-ko get in. Hsien-ko is fine with assists that are slightly delayed since she can turtle well, she just can't get in.

Tenrai Ha and Chiretou will DHC into Dr. Strange's pillar hyper, and I bet you can DHC out of Dr. Strange's Pillar up close into Tenrai Ha successfully as well.

BFFs?

Whew! Somehow I missed this when you posted it. Good stuff! Make sure to submit it to SRK.
I immediately recognized their synergy and it is a big part of why I want to make Dr.Strange work for me. The problem is that if she is ever left alone it will be an uphill battle just like now.

Having high health along with the buffs I mentioned would make her great point character when paired with Dr.Strange too. Senpu Bu action combined with his high/low beam will be some terrible shit thanks to the pushblock denial on her part.

This game has the theoryfighter cylinders going on full blast haha!

shaowebb

I'd like to see some more Nemesis assist moves to find out if any got armor or something crazy on them. Haggar could really use a wall to run behind to start his stuff. I currently have to use beam assists to get inside with him.

So far no one revealed has shown me any special synergy potential with Haggar...just more of the same. Hopefully Haggar is on the next build's buff list alongside Hsien Ko.

Haggar might need even more than Hsien-Ko if she gets even half of the stuff I mentioned. His lariat losing the long invulnerability means that buffs to Hsien-Ko are even more damaging that usual.

His point game is gonna have to be really good if they want people to use him. He is gonna need some serious armor and space covering moves in order to make up for the loss of God tier assist. Tron is in a similar, yet less dangerous position since she is more mobile.

I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE. SOMEONE IS GONNA HAVE TO FREEZE ME!
crimsonspider89 said:
Like I said, Capcom told us. Someone has to try Dante and Ghost Rider and IF and Ryu. Would be so trollish if all of those work well together.
Do you have a link? It is not that I don't believe you, I would just like to see read this for myself.

Do you have a link? It is not that I don't believe you, I would just like to see read this for myself.
I think Crimson is insinuating that characters were paired in their endings based on their synergy; he's not saying that Capcom stated it explicitly.

I immediately recognized their synergy and it is a big part of why I want to make Dr.Strange work for me. The problem is that if she is ever left alone it will be an uphill battle just like now.
Sure, which is why you shouldn't anchor Dr. Strange or Hsien-ko. Then again, with X-Factor being nerfed, it might not be too bad to put Hsien-ko on anchor when she's sub 50% health, and then burn X-Factor with your penultimate character, and just accept it as a lost match if he dies; that seems worthwhile to me.

Having high health along with the buffs I mentioned would make her great point character when paired with Dr.Strange too. Senpu Bu action combined with his high/low beam will be some terrible shit thanks to the pushblock denial on her part.
FYI, I agree with all of your changes.

Haggar could really use a wall to run behind to start his stuff. I currently have to use beam assists to get inside with him.
Molecular Shield?

I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE. SOMEONE IS GONNA HAVE TO FREEZE ME!
pictureofDormammufreezingHulk.jpg

shaowebb

Just posted this in the other thread but X-factor perk for Dr. Strange looks to increase his projectile size. Also his beam may always shoot twice.

If so its going to be TERRIBLE for him if you jump that first one. Risky stuff. I hope Maximillian can uncover whether it works like that in his breakdown later. So far I can't tell from the vids but he always seems to fire that second beam no matter what.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Said in other thread but I'll drop it here too. So far it looks like my new team is gonna be Taskmaster/Dr.Strange/Firebrand

I can already see the synergy :D

Karsticles said:
I think Crimson is insinuating that characters were paired in their endings based on their synergy; he's not saying that Capcom stated it explicitly.
He shouldn't say that "Capcom told us" in that case.
Karsticles said:
Sure, which is why you shouldn't anchor Dr. Strange or Hsien-ko. Then again, with X-Factor being nerfed, it might not be too bad to put Hsien-ko on anchor when she's sub 50% health, and then burn X-Factor with your penultimate character, and just accept it as a lost match if he dies; that seems worthwhile to me.
You'd be surprised at how much clutch factor I can have with the little Zombie when I'm not fighting Q or Ultimoo.

I would feel especially safe with the aforementioned changes.
Karsticles said:
FYI, I agree with all of your changes.
Thanks, I put some thought into them and almost all of those changes are doable without giving her any new moves. I'm puzzled by how few of them have even been implemented when her flaws are so glaring.

Still, that was my list to make her something like a guaranteed upper mid character. Some more stuff may be necessary to make her a MAHVEL character, but I can completely live with the stuff that I requested.
Karsticles said:
pictureofDormammufreezingHulk.jpg
Is this a meme? I searched around the net for comic panels thinking it was something I missed lol.
QisTopTier said:
Said in other thread but I'll drop it here too. So far it looks like my new team is gonna be Taskmaster/Dr.Strange/Firebrand

I can already see the synergy :D
I can already see the salt.

:p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was playing DMC4 earlier and in frustration I couldn't help but think "WHY DOESN'T EVERYTHING CANCEL INTO EVERYTHING, GODDAMNIT."

Thanks, I put some thought into them and almost all of those changes are doable without giving her any new moves. I'm puzzled by how few of them have even been implemented when her flaws are so glaring.

Still, that was my list to make her something like a guaranteed upper mid character. Some more stuff may be necessary to make her a MAHVEL character, but I can completely live with the stuff that I requested.
When I read your list, I think "Ugh, that would be so annoying". Then I realize that every character in this game annoys me, so it's a good thing to make Hsien-ko annoying too. They're all reasonable changes that gives her more interesting stuff to do without making her ridiculous. The #1 change by far is giving the bombs a hitbox - that should be common sense.

Is this a meme? I searched around the net for comic panels thinking it was something I missed lol.
There's a comic (don't ask me what one or what issue; maybe Crimson will help me out) where Hulk tries to square off with Dormammu, and Dormammu just laughs at him, freezes him in place, and walks off.

I'm not sure if that's before or after Hulk bones Dormammu's sister though; he might not be so kind after that...

I'm 99% set on Firebrand/Dormammu/Morrigan for day 1.

Defenders. Unsure which issue. And yes, Umar fucked Hulk. As well as flirt with Strange. But Umar is kinda hot. She also has tricked Dormmy so many times. He is so hot headed when it comes to her. /badpun

Umar is pretty hot, depending on the artist.

But was Umar x Hulk before or after Hulk got frozen over by Dormammu?

I find Dormammu and Umar's relationship hilarious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
I'm 99% set on Firebrand/Dormammu/Morrigan for day 1.
Day 1 I did NOT think I'd end up with a team like mine.

Day 1 Vanilla team: Zero/Iron Man/Wesker
Current Vanilla team: Dormammu/Iron Man/Super-Skrull

My Day 1 Ultimate team: Ryu/Hawkeye/Iron Man
And my speculative Day 1 Ultimate team: Rocket Raccoon/Phoenix Wright/Ryu or Iron Man

We haven't done this in a while, how have your guys teams changed since? Mine have gone through so many more permutations within that though (including a really early Phoenix team and an Arthur team that went nowhere).

Day 1 I did NOT think I'd end up with a team like mine.
Yeah, but Day 1 my Sentinel also had 400K more health. :-(

I'll do a brief history of my teams; if anyone cares enough to ask why I changed my mind at any point, I'm glad to indulge.

Pre-release team: Trish/Dormammu/Doom
Release night team: Magneto/Dormammu/Sentinel (spam ftw)
Week 1 team: Ryu/Dormammu/Sentinel
Week 2-4 team: Sentinel/Dormammu/Doom

Various teams I have used with some interest/dedication since then (at least 50 games each):
Trish/Amaterasu/Dormammu
Magneto/Sentinel/Dormammu
Dormammu/Skrull/Doom
Thor/Dormammu/Doom
Dormammu/Tron/Sentinel
Dormammu/Sentinel/Dante
Trish/Dormammu/Morrigan
Taskmaster/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath
Wolverine/Ryu/Dormammu
Hsien-ko/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath
Viewtiful Joe/Dormammu/Doom

Yeah, I've tried a lot of stuff...

Day 1 UMvC3 team: Firebrand/Dormammu/Morrigan

Somewhat determined to make it work. I am more confident in this team than Trish/Dormammu/Morrigan because Dormammu has more options in UMvC3, and he doesn't need an assist to babysit him as much if he wants to do anything but rush.

I can't wait to get my hands on Dr.Strange. I think my Strange vs your Dormammu is gonna spawn a scary rivalry haha.
Karsticles said:
When I read your list, I think "Ugh, that would be so annoying". Then I realize that every character in this game annoys me, so it's a good thing to make Hsien-ko annoying too. They're all reasonable changes that gives her more interesting stuff to do without making her ridiculous. The #1 change by far is giving the bombs a hitbox - that should be common sense.
If I had my way I would add a couple of things for true MAHVEL power.

-cr.H can OTG for a single relaunch(You will not survive!)
-You can combo into sempu Bu in the air and on the ground(Damage scaling will hurt the combo, but it is just for swag factor)
-She would have a crouching hitbox as small as Ammy(She is 5'1" and she stands with her knees bent so she should easily fit the profile!)
-Increase the range on her command grab and decrease start up by 2 frames on each one except heavy.

I present A+ tier Hsien-Ko!
Karsticles said:
Umar is pretty hot, depending on the artist.

But was Umar x Hulk before or after Hulk got frozen over by Dormammu?

I find Dormammu and Umar's relationship hilarious.
He just lurves his sister.

:3

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
enzo_gt said:
We haven't done this in a while, how have your guys teams changed since? Mine have gone through so many more permutations within that though (including a really early Phoenix team and an Arthur team that went nowhere).
Week 1: Morrigan/Hsien-Ko/Felicia
Week 3: Taskmaster/Felicia/Morrigan

Stayed the same ever since. I don't know why I don't play Phoenix, honestly. She is exactly my type of character: high-risk high-reward female pixie with all the mobility and power you'd ever need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom