• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

You & me both, though I believe Secret Empire is mainly the pay-off of Red Skull making Cap a HYDRA agent via the Cosmic Cube.
Yep, it seem that's is focused on that. But at least they said in an interview that this event would affect Avengers, X-Men, Defenders, Inhumans and so on. Storm and OML appear in the cover too.

I can't believe I'm just now listening to all the stage themes in Marvel 3 they are fucking good. I was using the character themes the whole time.

The stage themes are good, but the character themes always will be better.
I dunno why, but character themes always have more, well... character to them lol. Both for MvC3 and the SFs.

there are stage themes

what

Change the soundtrack to Dynamic and the stage themes will play. Each stage has three versions of their theme based on the status of the match.

Version 1 plays at the start.
Version 2 plays when a team is knocked down to two characters.
Version 3 plays when a team has only one character left.

Crocodile

So I haven't been really keeping up with this conversation but has there been any hints as to when we might learn more about the roster (or even other aspects of the game)? Any nearby events I should be keeping my eyes on?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
00dcbef2478116f39637f4493d263420.gif

I couldn't make this shit up if I tried. It's like brainwashing, but it's with Red Skull brainwashing reality instead of just Cap himself.
It's been a fantastic story line too, tbh

J-Tier

You & me both, though I believe Secret Empire is mainly the pay-off of Red Skull making Cap a HYDRA agent via the Cosmic Cube.
After thinking about it, I forgot how much I wanted Red Skull for MvC3. I remember discussions in the old character discussion thread(s) on how unlikely it was for Marvel to greenlight having a "nazi" represented in the game.

Red Skull would be boring tho. He's just a dude with a gun. :|
Why not get a more interesting Hydra leader, like basically anyone else lol. Arnim Zola in his crazy robot body, or Zemo with European sword fencing style, or Strucker with his cyborg arm, or Viper/Madame Hydra with her gas grenades and whip.

J-Tier

Why not get a more interesting Hydra leader, like basically anyone else lol. Arnim Zola in his crazy robot body, or Zemo with European sword fencing style, or Strucker with his cyborg arm, or Viper/Madame Hydra with her gas grenades and whip.
I initially imagined him to be like Parasoul from Skullgirls where Hydra agents are part of his special attacks.

Would take nearly every other Hydra head over red skull.

Also, Zola creates monsters and minions. His ESP box mind technology could offer up some crazy moves as well, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Onslaught as a concept was amazing, I'll fight all of you.

The execution on the other hand ;_;

The issue "pre-reveal" where he and Jean go for a walk on Xavier's mind and Jean's like "lol the Professor is like a dad to me we dont have any secrets " and Onslaught is all "oh really? Well heres daddy wanting to bone you when you were 16" was fantastic.

i-Jest

Onslaught as a concept was amazing, I'll fight all of you.

The execution on the other hand ;_;

The issue "pre-reveal" where he and Jean go for a walk on Xavier's mind and Jean's like "lol the Professor is like a dad to me we dont have any secrets " and Onslaught is all "oh really? Well heres daddy wanting to bone you when you were 16" was fantastic.

It was never quite the same between them again.

Still no news... damn.

Sorry for those who get some hopes seeing the thread appear on the first page.

Well, the thing is, Character themes are pretty damn good as well, so you basically have to choose a side.

I go with characters themes, some remixes from previous titles are great.

Compbros

They could do so much with reveal synergy like having the Strange reveal trailer be a special featurette on the bluray/dvd, putting reveal trailers before movies during those theatre commercials, stuff that hypes up both the product they wanna sell and the game then just release the trailers to the Web a week or two later.

Neoxon

Black Panther, Loki, and Hela in the upcoming movies...

Hela would probably make a great playable character.
Black Panther is a given, Loki is a safe bet, & I'm not sure about Hela. She'd be fun, but I'm not sure if she's Marvel & Capcom's top priority.

SaikyoBro

crossposting from the FGW thread

Happy anniversary to one of the best FGC stories of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuL4IaCf4qM

Damn, so happy sixth birthday to Marvel as well?

I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen a Vs. game launch, I remember hopping into the lab on Day 1 with Vanilla and being blown away just staring at how many characters were in the game and how much I was going to have to learn (and, of course, doing it all over again 9 months later with Ultimate). It's so insane that we're finally getting a sequel, and by the end of the year no less.

Maybe we'll get a character reveal tomorrow for the anniversary!
...o-or maybe not...

J-Tier

Damn, so happy sixth birthday to Marvel as well?

I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen a Vs. game launch, I remember hopping into the lab on Day 1 with Vanilla and being blown away just staring at how many characters were in the game and how much I was going to have to learn (and, of course, doing it all over again 9 months later with Ultimate). It's so insane that we're finally getting a sequel, and by the end of the year no less.

Maybe we'll get a character reveal tomorrow for the anniversary!
...o-or maybe not...
I remember getting the game day one, and all my dude friends sat around in my room as I burned through the arcade mode over and over trying to unlock Akuma, Sentinel, Hsien-ko and Taskmaster. I remember it taking some time since I didn't really know the controls and it was mostly spamming the "cheapest" move I could find and a bunch of a lows over and over. When I finally unlocked all four, we played through the night. And for months straight, we'd cycle through each other's houses to play Marvel. Good times.

SaikyoBro

I remember getting the game day one, and all my dude friends sat around in my room as I burned through the arcade mode over and over trying to unlock Akuma, Sentinel, Hsien-ko and Taskmaster. I remember it taking some time since I didn't really know the controls and it was mostly spamming the "cheapest" move I could find and a bunch of a lows over and over. When I finally unlocked all four, we played through the night. And for months straight, we'd cycle through each other's houses to play Marvel. Good times.

Maaaan I can't wait to play this game with people. When SF4 and MvC3 came out I was horrible and I only had my non-FGC friends to play the game with, which was pretty boring for both of us since I'd stomp them and they'd get stomped over and over. I'm super involved with my local scene now and have finally gotten myself in a position to travel to majors the last couple of years (and I've actually gotten pretty decent at these games as well) so I think I've got a really good chance to hit the ground running.

of course, i can't start preparing for that until we see more of the game

like, y'know, mechanics, or even characters

any day now

Top Bottom