• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we dont need reveals.

what we need is a big fat leak :3

With a massive base roster leak in early December.

Well no one paid attention to that until like a month later. It's funny the person that leaked that claimed to be a developer -- probably drunk or high hahaha. But the people that know the MvC:I roster are supposedly just random insiders.

A dev leaks stuff but "friend of a friend" dont?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not waiting for new info. that much. We gotta get something soon

whmdnuc.jpg

Now!!!

sinkfla87

If only they were doing a mobile game and some guy on the development team said fuck it and went to 4chan haha. The leaks would be splendid :(

shaowebb

Yup. It's nowhere that bad yet since Injustice 2 went on silence mode for 4-5 months or so after they announced Harley Quinn and Deadshot.

Heh. Got a new character reveal a few weeks ago with Robin, then Black Canary, then Swamp thing on the 13th and for shits the next day the showed Catwoman, Cheetah, and Poison Ivy gameplay. All this after a trailer that also confirmed Darkseid, and Bane as well as Robin/Brainiac from the amazon preorder page. Plus a leak list thats 100% accurate so far.

Injustice went from world of silence to floodgates. I sincerely hope MVCI does the same as well, though honestly I think they need it to coincide with a SHITLOAD of information on modes, and combat system details. Folks don't have any idea what kind of game this is trying to be yet in either the casual or FGC crowds. I think they need to set an image at this point already.

Jawmuncher

So Knights of Aegis (ghost n goblins) was thought back as far as 2013. In currently if Ryce has any info on this since I'd like to compare it with what I have.

If he knows there an OG GnG character, then I'm curious how this reboot is going to remain a reboot or if it's a new IP now.

Lulubop

Crazy how so many had inside info on this game being in the works and ready to be revealed but no one is talking now. Where ya at? Where did all ya go?Where's this roster leak?

Did Capcom forget this game existed?

"What do you mean, we're supposed to be making Marvel vs Capcom? I thought Marvel was in charge of that team?"

"No dude, it's definitely us, it's even an in-house team of ours."

"Shit, I haven't paid those people in months. Wonder how they're holding up?"

*meanwhile at the dev team*

"So... who wants to play more Idolmaster?"

So Knights of Aegis (ghost n goblins) was thought back as far as 2013. In currently if Ryce has any info on this since I'd like to compare it with what I have.

If he knows there an OG GnG character, then I'm curious how this reboot is going to remain a reboot or if it's a new IP now.
I now expect Knights of Aegis Dude/Chick in MvC.

Jawmuncher

I now expect Knights of Aegis Dude/Chick in MvC.

Yeah this is my biggest curiosity. If they're putting a lot behind this game, and it isn't cancelled. I would think at least one character would show up like Spencer did in MvC 3.

On the other hand, if it's Ghost N Goblins as a reboot and not just inspired by it. I wonder if that would mean say Arthur of this new game if that's who you play as. Would replace classic arthur. I can't recall any of the VS games having the same character from separate universes. The most would be Zero and Tron Bonne, or Tron Bonne and Mega Man. But never something like Dante and Donte.

Ryce

Spencer was included in MvC3 because Kadowaki thought he'd be fun and pushed hard for him. He wasn't included for promotional reasons.

Jawmuncher

Spencer was included in MvC3 because Kadowaki thought he'd be fun and pushed hard for him. He wasn't included for promotional reasons.

So that could stand with any new IP character I guess.
Though I know BC in general isn't a new IP, but you know what I mean.

Shadoken

Capcom's usually leaky af, what's the deal?

I wonder if it's because Marvel is keeping a much tighter leash on things.

Pretty much. Speaking from first hand experience on Marvel and how they work with other game companies , they are ridiculously serious about security,NDA,leaks and shit.
I really doubt current Marvel/Disney is gonna let something like that Haggar leak get by ( in-office pics being posted ), unless shit like that was intentional.

Its crazy that we got a leak before the reveal like PSX one, but then again Events are planned in advance and shit gets known to a lot more people and gets out of hand. But I think the in-house development leaks would be much more strict than usual Capcom standards.

Yeah this is my biggest curiosity. If they're putting a lot behind this game, and it isn't cancelled. I would think at least one character would show up like Spencer did in MvC 3.

On the other hand, if it's Ghost N Goblins as a reboot and not just inspired by it. I wonder if that would mean say Arthur of this new game if that's who you play as. Would replace classic arthur. I can't recall any of the VS games having the same character from separate universes. The most would be Zero and Tron Bonne, or Tron Bonne and Mega Man. But never something like Dante and Donte.
I'm trying to imagine real-man, regular-proportioned Arthur and it just makes me giggle a bit.
It could be cool, though.
Speaking of which what do y'all think Spencer's chances are? I'm finding it difficult to cope with there being Marvel without "Bionic....AAAARRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMM"
That would require KOA to both be announced and released this year (and positively received).
D
L
C

Shadoken

It's crazy that people expect so much information like...2-3 months after the game was even announced, lol.

If the game is really on target to release this year. Wouldn't Capcom have to reveal some characters now? Unless they want to do a huge Info dump at E3.

Weiss

Banned
Spencer was a surprise dark horse with really unique mechanics so I think he'll get in.

Hopefully with his classic look, and Captain Commando as his alt costume because fuck that dreadlock garbage.

Skilletor

If the game is really on target to release this year. Wouldn't Capcom have to reveal some characters now? Unless they want to do a huge Info dump at E3.

I don't think so. It's still at least 8-9 months away. Injustice is coming out and showing tons of stuff all the time. Tekken is about to drop in a couple months.

I'd think they'd wait to show more info until a time when they don't have to share mindspace with other fighters.

Personally don't think this will make 2017, but either way, I don't think I'd expect tons of info so soon after its announcement.

TreIII

Pretty much. Speaking from first hand experience on Marvel and how they work with other game companies , they are ridiculously serious about security,NDA,leaks and shit.
I really doubt current Marvel/Disney is gonna let something like that Haggar leak get by ( in-office pics being posted ), unless shit like that was intentional.

Its crazy that we got a leak before the reveal like PSX one, but then again Events are planned in advance and shit gets known to a lot more people and gets out of hand. But I think the in-house development leaks would be much more strict than usual Capcom standards.

Had an inkling, but good to read confirmation of such.

Everything that we read about sounded like Marvel was the one steering the ship this time, so we and Capcom are going to be abiding by their schedule.

Ah, well. I'm a patient guy, usually.

True but a new character like that usually has a better chance of appearing via the initial roster if included, since they won't be an easy sell via DLC.
That is also true. Dunno if I'd have purchased a new/unknown character like Rocket Raccoon as DLC.
Though I do expect Capcom to reveal a new Title and for the synergy also reveal that Title's character will be in MvC.

Spencer was a surprise dark horse with really unique mechanics so I think he'll get in.

Hopefully with his classic look, and Captain Commando as his alt costume because fuck that dreadlock garbage.
Man, what you got against dreadlocks?

Totally not speaking as someone with dreadlocks. Nope. Not at all.

Top Bottom