• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

IJ2 does this too, people find way too many things to complain about...

Pretty much. Especially hearing people compare this game to SFV in terms of content, when that is just not the case. Like okay, the game doesn't have as many characters as a few entries as earlier entries in the series at launch, but I actually like the roster we are getting a lot, and am excited for the characters we may get in the future.

BadWolf

Which? Also they announced they special editions along with the DLC stuff, because they'll be included. So tell me, does it make sense to announce your special addition and not tell us wtf is actually included?

KoFXIV gave the full roster (of 50) day 1 and made no mention of DLC.

And no, such DLC and people buying it blind never made sense to me.

Neonep

I'm personally really, really bummed. It feels like Street Fighter V all over again -- the "game as a service" model with tons of DLC and a shoestring budget base game.
Once I heard the release date I knew this title was on a budget. The timeline between the initial reveal and release date is too small.

opricnik

Banned
Once I heard the release date I knew this title was on a budget. The timeline between the initial reveal and release date is too small.

That doesnt bode well Marvel's given statements about how will they care for each title they put on console etc etc.

Jawmuncher

This game is going to get shredded upon release if the info is true, and if it fails, the series is probably toast. :((((

If that happens, i'll never get to see Regina in a VS fighting game
1469892-regina8juo8.png

Canucked

I wonder if Mike's Morales will be a character or a skin. There are variant covers for both Spider-man and Amazing, right? Or maybe miles will the the main spider and Peter will be a skin.

Taramoor

I seriously doubt Arthur will be back or Akuma.

And pretty sure when people were saying hard character to animate was Asura instead.

If they're trying to hone the game to ensure that every character is substantially different, then Arthur will probably make it in.

I'd put hard money on Arthur making it in.

Please put Arthur in, Capcom.

I'll be your friend.

kirblar

I wonder if Mike's Morales will be a character or a skin. There are variant covers for both Spider-man and Amazing, right? Or maybe miles will the the main spider and Peter will be a skin.
It's very hard to justify a fully new Miles character when there are so many other options out there that would be more unique.

Ryce

A sad realization: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, a re-release in development for eight months, had more brand new characters than this game will.

cordy

Banned
I jumped the gun -- I'm just in a state of complete shock. Someone else might post details soon.
Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
- No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
- Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.

kendrick-lamar-damn-album-cover-homepage.jpg

I GOT
I GOT
I GOT
I GOT
RESERVATIONS, EXPECTATIONS
INSIDE MY DNA
MARVEL QUARTERPIECE GOT WAR AND PEACE
INSIDE MY DNA

7Th

I hope TvC is a thing some day; the only chance of Capcom ever making a game with a decent starting roster again:
C_Xt9IBUMAEPRhF.jpg:small

vg260

As mentioned earlier, don't overlook Marvel's potential involvement in the limitations here. It wasn't until way later after UMvC3 that people started understanding the constraints w/ Marvel licensing timelines and looking at the bigger picture. Still, this took a disappointing turn.

Ryce

It also had less than MvC2, another 3v3 game. Conversely, Infinite will have more characters than MvC1, a 2v2 game.
I'm talking about characters new to the series, like Captain Marvel and Ultron, not the actual roster count. There are only seven characters in this game who weren't playable in a previous entry. That's pathetic.

Neonep

That doesnt bode well Marvel's given statements about how will they care for each title they put on console etc etc.
More inclined to blame Capcom given that if this game wasn't coming out they wouldn't have a big title released during this fiscal year.

I hope the press gives this game no mercy; kill it with bad WoM.

Why would the press give the game no mercy because your particular faves aren't in the game?

The game sounds like it has a full cinematic story mode, arcade mode, 28 characters (the same size as Injustice 2), and it looks fun.

That is one sad attempt at defending Capcom, yet again.

Did I say anything inaccurate there?

Lol, is "Capcom fanboy" the only counter you guys have anymore?

Every recent fighting game has DLC. That includes your beloved KOF14. Inj2 and T7 announced DLC before release, just like MvCI. And, just like MvCI, Inj2 and T7 have lots of reused assets.

Spade

Capcom, what're you smoking if you manage to fuck this up? I want some cause I gotta know... Guess I'll get the popcorn ready and hope for the best.

I'm talking about characters new to the series, like Captain Marvel and Ultron, not the actual roster count. There are only seven characters in this game who weren't playable in a previous entry. That's pathetic.

This isn't counting sigma since he's dlc correct?

Newcomers

X
Captain Marvel
Ultron
Antman (probably)
Cool animations darkstalker
????
????

Can't wait til things calm down. Tatsunoko vs Capcom only had 26 characters and people are singing its praises. MvCI has 28, plus 6 from DLC and all of a sudden it's shite. Realistically, the ones proclaiming they aren't going to buy it now are being either reactive or never had intentions to buy the game.

7Th

TvC had an extremely varied roster filled with newly modeled and animated newcomers and a lot of obscure characters. Not comparable at all.

Can't wait til things calm down. Tatsunoko vs Capcom only had 26 characters and people are singing its praises. MvCI has 28, plus 6 from DLC and all of a sudden it's shite. Realistically, the ones proclaiming they aren't going to buy it now are being either reactive or never had intentions to buy the game.

TvC had a lot of new characters. Not a good comparaison.

Lothars

Exactly, The reactions really makes no sense but it seems like it's always the ones with an agenda.

JazzmanZ

Yeah I understand some people are getting awfully hyperbolic but this isn't by all means the end of the world here

They're reusing assets, though.

No matter how much you may love the Vs series, a brand new game in the series having less new character than UMVC3 is a joke.

I wish Ryce or Saikyo would just put us out of our misery and leak some shit. This is already too much. It feels like a really bad joke.

MoxManiac

Those characters in tatsunoko were created from scratch. At least 20 of the characters in MvCI are copy-pasted from UMvC3 with minor changes. It really should be larger.

BadWolf

Did I say anything inaccurate there?

Lol, is "Capcom fanboy" the only counter you guys have anymore?

Every recent fighting game has DLC. That includes your beloved KOF14. Inj2 and T7 announced DLC before release, just like MvCI. And, just like MvCI, Inj2 and T7 have lots of reused assets.

Hey if you can't see the difference between a game launching with 16 (or 28) characters and announcing DLC day 1 and another game launching with 50 characters and announcing DLC over half a year later after release (as per fan requests and polls) then there isn't much else I can say.

No one thought Rock Howard would make it into KOF btw.

Top Bottom