• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Hype minus 9000
I don't want to sound pessimistic but that art style and models looked bad imo.

Gameplay is the only thing that can save it for me.

leroidys

Still excited for this, but jesus why did they go with that art style? I think it's legit one of the ugliest games capcom has ever made.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Panther confirmed DLC in the official trailer btw, so Ryce redeemed.

jVjpHSn.png

So Panther, Sigma, Venom and 3 more for the season pass.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Um no, Grandmaster Meio would bring a more interesting moveset to the table.

Showing a story trailer versus a game play trailer was wack as hell.

DBZ keeps on winning.
We're getting gameplay likely every day of this week and weekend, on top of having our hands on a demo which you can choose your team to experiment with if one of these leaks is correct. Who needs a gameplay trailer when we're going to get pro gameplay and hands-on.

Dahbomb

We're getting gameplay likely every day of this week and weekend, on top of having our hands on a demo which you can choose your team to experiment with if one of these leaks is correct. Who needs a gameplay trailer when we're going to get pro gameplay.
Yes I know this but showing story mode of a fighting game doesn't really generate any hype... that audience response was tepid as hell. DBZ did that right, they showed game play straight up with a dash of story stuff thrown in.

In any case the leaks are confirmed. Black Panther, Sigma and possibly Grandmaster Meios as DLC. Zero probably incoming as DLC in 2018 alongside Wesker and Vergil. All according to keikaku.

Yes I know this but showing story mode of a fighting game doesn't really generate any hype... that audience response was tepid as hell. DBZ did that right, they showed game play straight up with a dash of story stuff thrown in.

In any case the leaks are confirmed. Black Panther, Sigma and possibly Grandmaster Meios as DLC. Zero probably incoming as DLC in 2018 alongside Wesker and Vergil. All according to keikaku.
But Gene :(

OsirisBlack

Banned
Need gameplay now, the hyperbole and negativity surrounding this game is reaching ridiculous levels. I'm holding out hope that this is an older build if not then the game is just ugly. I'm still in day 1 for the gameplay. Them dropping a demo shows a bit of confidence.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Need gameplay now, the hyperbole and negativity surrounding this game is reaching ridiculous levels. I'm holding out hope that this is an older build if not then the game is just ugly. I'm still in day 1 for the gameplay. Them dropping a demo shows a bit of confidence.

The fact that they keep putting out trailers featuring the whack graphics means it's not an older build. That's just how the game looks.

Dahbomb

There's a big difference in quality in the character models.

Dante, Iron Man, Black Panther and Nova all look fine.

And then you have Chun Li and Chris...

I think I am glad I didn't get to see Dante's face, they have really not done well with most of the faces. Except Captain Marvel, she looks fine I guess... a bit too waifu bait though.

Neonep

I think I am glad I didn't get to see Dante's face, they have really not done well with most of the faces. Except Captain Marvel, she looks fine I guess... a bit too waifu bait though.

Yep. This game still needs some work. Dante & Black Panther looked good. That right there is my team. I'm a bit more hyped but damn that shit looked rough.

Yeah, it's a little all over the place. Some look legit good, Panther probably being the model to beat right now. Chun is legit low hanging fruit and they need to fix her face. Carol looks good enough for instance. Give Chun the Supergirl treatment.

I'm basically at 5% hype. It literally depends on this demo for me. I've never said this before, but Im truly thinking I might wait on this one.

Jawmuncher

For all the shit SFV gets, we can thankfully say characters look good for the most part. I mean it's next-gen to a degree.

This shit looks like some 2007 PS3 early launch window game.

Yeah really only Ken stands out as still wonky these days. All the DLC characters look goodf

Yep, there's almost no hype for this.
They've gone to another leve with Infinite.

I still remember the reveal trailers for 3, those were good times...

Top Bottom