• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

mooncakes

I remembered back when MVC3 was not released it, there was fightclubs where players can try demo at major cities, Seth answering questions when they streamed, had character trailer for most of the characters and revealing them at certain comic cons or events, they even had CGI thats looks great and made people hype.

I dont know what Capcom is doing anymore.

itsmeMOB

Neo Member
Panther confirmed DLC in the official trailer btw, so Ryce redeemed.

jVjpHSn.png

So Panther, Sigma, Venom and 3 more for the season pass.

Panther looks great, but Capcom is just killing their own selves at this point, locking characters and a lot of the roster like this behind DLC seasons. Do they not learn from the failure of SF5, or are they that out of touch with the gaming world and are this desperate for a profit?

They really should have included the 6 DLC characters in the base roster and hinted at DLC for next year. I mean, the game comes out in September anyway and it's pretty close to the chaos of the Holiday sales season.

Dirtbag

These companies deserve each other. Marvel can't figure out their own franchise rights, and Capcom can seemingly do nothing correctly

Tirael

Panther looks great, but Capcom is just killing their own selves at this point, locking characters and a lot of the roster like this behind DLC seasons. Do they not learn from the failure of SF5, or are they that out of touch with the gaming world and are this desperate for a profit?

Game looks fine.

Not hype like it should be. But fine.

Black Panther as DLC is a super good idea from a business perspective, but kinda scummy. Grandmaster Meio is definitely not one of my top choices, but at least he's a villain.

They're just stumbling through.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
REMINDER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVTn2zafyA

This was the trailer for Marvel vs Capcom 3 at E3 2010. What the HELLL happened this this company? How can the most hype franchise in gaming in the last 20 years be the antithesis of hype today?
Capcom was much bigger and had more cash flow back then. SFV is also a result of them having to put money into guaranteed (and historically bigger) earners like RE and MH.

itsmeMOB

Neo Member
Game looks fine.

Not hype like it should be. But fine.

Black Panther as DLC is a super good idea from a business perspective, but kinda scummy. Grandmaster Meio is definitely not one of my top choices, but at least he's a villain.

They're just stumbling through.

The game looks fine, but what bothers me is they're making it so heavily focused on DLC, when some of them should have already been in the base roster in the first place. I really don't know what Capcom is doing anymore at all.

The game looks fine, but what bothers me is they're making it so heavily focused on DLC, when some of them should have already been in the base roster in the first place. I really don't know what Capcom is doing anymore at all.
This is what happens when you want to make as much money as possible while spending as little as possible.

An iterative, game-as-a-service esque model can definitely work for both SFV and MvC:I. But being incompetent fucking Capcpom of course they screw it up by being incredibly greedy.

sephi22

Almost 15,000 posts and Arc Sys stole Capcom's thunder in 2 days.
What a ride these last 7 months have been. Being at PSX in person and losing my shit to not even caring now and looking forward to early 2018.

Tirael

Oh yes, that goes without saying. I wish that could have been the case.

HardRojo

Wow, it's hard to say this but I think I don't really care about this game anymore. What a lackluster presentation. Chun Li looks completely horrible and there's something graphically that just doesn't help the IQ.
I'll try the demo but it's really baffling to see this after how amazing UMvC3 was from a roster and graphics viewpoint. What happened?

itsmeMOB

Neo Member
This is what happens when you want to make as much money as possible while spending as little as possible.

An iterative, game-as-a-service esque model can definitely work for both SFV and MvC:I. But being incompetent fucking Capcpom of course they screw it up by being incredibly greedy.

See, that would actually have worked fine, but they're so fucking greedy and still haven't unfucked themselves from SF5's failure.

Even some of the models in SF5 looked fine, but a lot of the ones in MVCI look really bad (Chun-Li, looking at you and several others). They expect this to sell, and with the Marvel brand on it, they're looking for a success also. But really, Capcom has to do this with the game? It's almost like the want it to fail before it even comes out.

I understand the roster has to be like this because we can't have X-Men, F4, and others because of Fox, but they still have WAY more Marvel characters they can use at their disposal, but they couldn't even do that. It's so disappointing.

What is this company doing???

Jawmuncher

Almost 15,000 posts and Arc Sys stole Capcom's thunder in 2 days.
What a ride these last 7 months have been. Being at PSX in person and losing my shit to not even caring now and looking forward to early 2018.

This is what kills me the most. ArcSys DBZ did with one trailer what MVC should've been able to do but didn't.

HotHamBoy

This 6 DLC characters before the game is even finished bullshit is the death of fighting games.

I mean, maybe they won't be completed by release date or whatever, but selling you spare tires before you've bought the car is ridiculous.

Now, I fully expect ArcSys to pull some similar shit with DBZ, they always launch with fucking DLC characters. The big difference is that they usually have like 3 Max and their focus with DBZ has been on the actual gameplay and not some garbage story mode.

And I don't even give a shit about DBZ. Count me in as another lost soul.

Whales

Banned
This game looks like shit
Chun Li's face
This game releases in september yet already has DLC characters (the fuck?)
The leaked roster is really bad

Idk how Capcom managed to outdo SFV but they did it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This game looks like shit
Chun Li's face
This game releases in september yet already has DLC characters (the fuck?)
The leaked roster is really bad

Idk how Capcom managed to outdo SFV but they did it

Injustice 2 had a season pass announced well before the game was released. Every game these days does. Why do I have to keep saying this?

Downloading demo as we speak, it's like 5 GB.

details stat!

That doesn't make it okay.

of course not, but dont go "THE FUCK?" like they are the first ones doing is all.

HotHamBoy

Injustice 2 had a season pass announced well before the game was released. Every game these days does. Why do I have to keep saying this?

That doesn't make it okay.

I think what people wanted after SFV, a game that expected you to pay full price for Early Access, was a game that wasn't putting its hand in your pocket while cashing the check.

MrCarter

If this game fails, Capcom needs to wake up. They should've already woken up from SFV's failure but it seems they can't even make a promising fighting game anymore.

Don't think SFV is a failure by any means as it's still sold around 1.6 million which is good for a FG in a niche genre. Thier launch was shit but they have have managed to keep playerbase and audience consistently and more is coming in the future. MvCi's presentation needs an upgrade however the gameplay does look promising.

Whales

Banned

details stat!

of course not, but dont go "THE FUCK?" like they are the first ones doing is all.

I dont have a problem with DLC characters being announced before a game launch.

If this game released in a month, or in 2weeks, I would have no problem.

But announcing DLC chars 3 months in advance is just ridiculous IMO. And if Injustice 2 did it early like that too then that's also crappy, it doesnt change my view at all.

There's also the fact that the base roster seems to be bad (we're not 100% sure of that so I could be wrong here). Add in to that that capcom is making some of the fan favorite characters DLCs and its not hard to see why this is scummy IMO

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lot's of playable characters in the demo, but its all in super short fights against drones and shit. Why not just a normal versus demo Capcom, the fuck are you thinking?

Zubz

Banned

Yeah. Learning I'll have to pay so much extra just to get T'Challa is just making me want to focus on the new DBZ fighting game that much more.
If DBZ's just as bold-faced as MvCI & I2 about multiple Season Passes starting at launch, I genuinely might cry.

Top Bottom