• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

bunkitz

Box art looks pretty nice, but it's... pretty damn generic. The art style's alright, overall, but there's something off-putting about the characters. Chun-Li, especially. I'm very glad to see that Zero and Dante made it, but the leak didn't mention Vergil, so... huge bummer for me. Didn't know Black Panther was gonna be in the game too, but if he's DLC, then that's another bummer.

The game still looks like a whole lot of fun, but I guess I'll just wait for the "full version" as with Injustice.

dbztrk

I want so badly to be excited for this game but the graphics are butt ugly, the simplified controls bothers me, the roster is weak and the dlc content (for Black Panther anyway) has me disgusted with Capcom.

Dahbomb

I want so badly to be excited for this game but the graphics are butt ugly, the simplified controls bothers me, the roster is weak and the dlc content (for Black Panther anyway) has me disgusted with Capcom.
You can turn off the simple controls, that's not really an issue.

Problem is that the input leniency in the game results in some general jankiness in the controls. You can't play the game too fast or you end up getting inputs that you don't want.

Kashiwaba

You can turn off the simple controls, that's not really an issue.

Problem is that the input leniency in the game results in some general jankiness in the controls. You can't play the game too fast or you end up getting inputs that you don't want.
Hopefully they change that when it's out, i guess that's the point of the early demo.

Spman2099

I hope the negativity towards this release gets them to hold it back for some MUCH needed improvements. This game looks really, really sub-par. I am sure Capcom has integrated their projected sales into their plan for this quarter already, but if it just fails terribly then that clearly won't help them. There is also the possibility that they have a specific deal with Disney on when it releases...

Whatever it takes, I just really think they need to work heavily on it, and they need more time than is left. It is clearly not ready to release.

Dremark

Banned
I'm sorry about double post but I really want to get it off my mind so here it goes.

Release date is like three months away so we still have plenty of times to get more information and reveals. I know many people believe that Ryce's roster leak is complete but let humor me and see my point about it. Also I'm going to follow gameplay trailers, not story mode trailers so keep it in your mind.

PSX Reveal - Captain America, Captain Marvel Iron Man, Morrigan, Ryu and Mega Man X (Power Stone and Time Stone)
April Reveal - Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Ultron, Chris Redfield, Strider, and Chun Li (Space Stone)
E3 Reveal - Rocket Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Thanos, Nova, Dante, Spencer, Arthur, and Zero (Reality Stone)

So we still have two months worth of reveals. I would guess that we might have two more trailers to go since we still haven't seen two more infinity stones in action yet. Also I would like to remind everyone that we still have 7 characters left that haven't revealed in gameplay trailer, which are Gamora, Ant-Man, Jedah, Monster Hunter, Spider-Man, Firebrand and Nemesis.

I can't see them splitting 7 characters and two stones into two trailers but at same time, I could see it happen. It's plausible that Venom and Frank West might be part of base roster. My point is it's possible that there might be very few more characters that Ryce and other sources might not know of. I'm not asking everyone to set their expectation for few more characters but just keep your expectation low and we might be surprised at the end.

I think it's entirely possible there's more on the Roster than what he said, either by nature of him not being given the full story or Capcom switching stuff up due to backlash.

Only time will tell though.

Everything about this game is fucking off, including the boxart. Is it Capcom? Is it Marvel?

I kind of would rather have this series not exist anymore if this is the effort we can expect.

Extremely conservative budgets based on projections from street fighter 5 and umvc3 poor sales.

This game is stuck between needing to change $60 day one to get some money back and small roster that they plan to flesh out via dlc.

Tizoc

Let review the leaked roster.

Marvel
Iron Man
Captain America
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye

Ant-Man
Spider-Man
Thanos
Ultron

Captain Marvel
Rocket/Groot
Gamora
Nova
Doctor Strange

Capcom
Ryu
Chun-Li
Mega Man X
Zero
Morrigan
Jedah
Chris Redfield
Nemesis

Arthur
Firebrand
Spencer
Monster Hunter
Dante
Strider

Capcom DLC
Sigma

Marvel DLC
Black Panther

Missing in Action?
Frank West
Venom

You know now that I think about it...I am fine with most of the roster, but the cooler ones being DLC is bugging me.

UMVC3 certainly did not have poor sales, it exceeded their projected sales target.

Uh wut

It sold less than sf5 did and about half of the vanilla release. Cross tekken did about double umvc3.

I think their budget is based on a 1.5 million sales for this game and that's a pretty low budget for the licenses involved. Not much money left for development.

Capcom should just do a Capcom all stars or Capcom vs Sega and reduce the licensing fees.

HotHamBoy

The lack of female representation in this game is awful, even worse than UMvC3

2 ladies per company?

You can do better, guys.

On the Marvel side alone: Black Widow, Scarlett Witch, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Gwen Stacey, all relevant/popular right now. What about She-Hulk?

Of course I'm leaving out any X-Men characters.

On the Capcom side I would like to see more ladies, too. Plenty to choose from.

Needs more franchise representation, too.

I'm kinda annoyed about this game. I actually like the battle system and feel like it can evolve to some ridiculous stuff.

But everything, from the horrendous renders, the DLC, lack of artwork, and overall communication is just terrible. I feel like, regardless of how good the game might be, all of those other issues will prevent the game from being what it truly could be.

I obviously hope I way off, but man, Capcom is just so disappointing.

I'm sorry about double post but I really want to get it off my mind so here it goes.

Release date is like three months away so we still have plenty of times to get more information and reveals. I know many people believe that Ryce's roster leak is complete but let humor me and see my point about it. Also I'm going to follow gameplay trailers, not story mode trailers so keep it in your mind.

PSX Reveal - Captain America, Captain Marvel Iron Man, Morrigan, Ryu and Mega Man X (Power Stone and Time Stone)
April Reveal - Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Ultron, Chris Redfield, Strider, and Chun Li (Space Stone)
E3 Reveal - Rocket Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Thanos, Nova, Dante, Spencer, Arthur, and Zero (Reality Stone)

So we still have two months worth of reveals. I would guess that we might have two more trailers to go since we still haven't seen two more infinity stones in action yet. Also I would like to remind everyone that we still have 7 characters left that haven't revealed in gameplay trailer, which are Gamora, Ant-Man, Jedah, Monster Hunter, Spider-Man, Firebrand and Nemesis.

I can't see them splitting 7 characters and two stones into two trailers but at same time, I could see it happen. It's plausible that Venom and Frank West might be part of base roster. My point is it's possible that there might be very few more characters that Ryce and other sources might not know of. I'm not asking everyone to set their expectation for few more characters but just keep your expectation low and we might be surprised at the end.

Gamora is playable and in the base roster. She's on the box art and has her own profile render. Zero was revealed in a story trailer and we later saw him in a gameplay trailer.

New MVCI leak

rD7iW.gif

varsas

Neo Member
Downloaded the demo from the EU store but won't be able to play until tonight. From the trailers I think the game is looking better and that looks like it's due to a lighting change?

With all the complaints about models, is there a good reference point for this style? I was thinking that relative to say Injustice 2 it's about the same? I've only watched some videos of Injustice 2.

Xater

Downloaded the demo from the EU store but won't be able to play until tonight. From the trailers I think the game is looking better and that looks like it's due to a lighting change?

With all the complaints about models, is there a good reference point for this style? I was thinking that relative to say Injustice 2 it's about the same? I've only watched some videos of Injustice 2.

Injustice 2 looks way better. They have great models and especially faces. Marvel not so much.

Top Bottom