• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Krammy

Injustice 2 characters look really weird in stills too. It's the high quality facial animation that saves them.

screenshot_17.jpg

That's from the early footage though. This is what she ended up looking like after they fixed the faces during development.

MrCarter

Nah it's not. When could also bring Tekken into this conversation which also looks vastly superior. This just feels like a low budget effort from Capcom.

NRS did better on facial animations but gameplay is stick rigid. MvCi in-game moves and plays far better.

V_Arnold

Can't wait for this NRS animations/faces meme to end.

Here's a Capcom animation: Cammy air throw in SFV:
https://clips.twitch.tv/WittyAnnoyingWalletPanicVis

Here's another: Chun Li walk animation in MVCI:
https://twitter.com/CrackinAtkins/status/874489204943626240

Tell me how bad KOFIV's graphics are or how bad NRS animations are again. I wish a Capcuck would.

Self-burn? In the video you linked, the player himself says "Capcom, why? This looks like an NRS animation! This is straight fucking Injustice animation" :D

SFV deserves a lot of shit but animations is one department where it has been constantly delivering.

One shitty air throw from Cammy doesn't somehow devalue the consistently great animations of the 25 characters we've played with so far.

vriTjtK.gif

SFV deserves a lot of shit but animations is one department where it has been constantly delivering.

One shitty air throw from Cammy doesn't somehow devalue the consistently great animations of the 25 characters we've played with so far.

vriTjtK.gif

I hope someone does the whole cast + animations isolated from the background like this. Awesome.

NotLiquid

Game definitely feels a lot more loose than Marvel 3 and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet. I have to say I understand wholeheartedly now why they went with a Bo3 round setup for regular VS games. I wasn't doing very well throughout my playtime getting accustomed to things but being able to control characters when they tag in even during a super and then combining that with infinity gem shenanigans is a really underestimated level of "cuhrayzee" that I don't think people are going to see coming. Rounds are probably going to go by very quickly.

Not going to lie, I don't expect this game to be very balanced. In fact it might be even wilder than MvC3 was, but I think that's kind of what people would want at this point.

Also this game's soundtrack sounds very Henry Jackman-ish. Plenty of the tunes in here reminded me of Winter Soldier. Is it confirmed who's making the OST yet?

Jawmuncher

Played the demo. Was ok. Nothing there to really change opinion though. Unless some bigger news hits down the line, I'll be waiting for a price drop on the game with season pass.

JAXXX

reminder...
CAPCOM STREAM AT E3

Every year, Capcom and the entire video game industry descends upon Los Angeles, California for E3 to show you some of the cool stuff we've been hard at work on. And if you're a fan of video games, like me, the tradition for us fans is that we like to hop on the proverbial Hype Train and ride it all the way to E3 snacking on every single bit of info we can get. So to give you something to chew on, here is our currently planned streaming schedule for the show:

All times are Pacific Time UTC - 8

Tuesday, June 13

1:00pm = 4:00 PM est
2:00pm = 5:00 PM est

Wednesday, June 14

11:00am = 2:00 PM est
12:00pm = 3:00 PM est

Thursday, June 15

10:00am = 1:00 PM est
12:15pm = 3:15 PM est
1:30pm = 4:15 PM est

Jawmuncher

reminder...
CAPCOM STREAM AT E3

Every year, Capcom and the entire video game industry descends upon Los Angeles, California for E3 to show you some of the cool stuff we've been hard at work on. And if you're a fan of video games, like me, the tradition for us fans is that we like to hop on the proverbial Hype Train and ride it all the way to E3 snacking on every single bit of info we can get. So to give you something to chew on, here is our currently planned streaming schedule for the show:

All times are Pacific Time UTC - 8

Tuesday, June 13

2:00pm = 5:00 PM est

Wednesday, June 14

11:00am = 2:00 PM est
12:00pm = 3:00 PM est

Thursday, June 15

10:00am = 1:00 PM est
12:15pm = 3:15 PM est
1:30pm = 4:15 PM est

Wonder if they announce anything new

Jesus this game is ugly. Capcom needs to take a few pointers from the other guys at this point. Both SFV and this have nothing on Tekken, Injustice, Guilty Gear, or the new DMZ game. Im concerned about home much effort and budget they are putting into this game. And the roster so far is very disappointing. I knew it was gonig to have heavier focus on the MCU but damn its almost literally just that.

Alain-Christian

Neo Member
Why is this game so ugly? Even the skin textures are so sandpaper-y.

EDIT: When I compare the character portraits in MVCI to what the models looked like in the UMVC3 model view in PC, it's clear they did do SOME touch ups. When you look a t people like Chris it's so obviously the same models. Even the sneakers. They touched up Arthur's bushy beard for example, but the material textures and such are so ugly.

And Characters like Mega Man X don't work when you mix his cartoonish face/eyes with realistic harsh textures on his body.

What a mess.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Gamora is playable and in the base roster. She's on the box art and has her own profile render. Zero was revealed in a story trailer and we later saw him in a gameplay trailer.

I'm trying to see what is your point with this post? Did you read the part where I'm basing on the reveals on gameplay trailers since Gamora wasn't shown in gameplay trailer. Basically they are saving her for next gameplay trailer, like they did with Rocket Raccoon.

Was Zero in the leak list?

Nope, he wasn't.

No but Ryce mentioned there was one missing Capcom character and made a guess that it was probably Frank West.

SaikyoBro leaked that it's Frank West.

Skilletor

vriTjtK.gif

You're only as good as the worst thing in the game. Because that's the only thing anybody is going to talk about.

Ken's face
Cammy's airthrow

Even though the game overall has some of the best animations in the genre.

LMAO at that Chun animation. What did they do to her in Marvel?

It's so weird that Capcom can make some stellar in-game animations during fights, but their storied cutscenes rely far too much on motion capture with minimal facial animations.

I'm trying to see what is your point with this post? Did you read the part where I'm basing on the reveals on gameplay trailers since Gamora wasn't shown in gameplay trailer. Basically they are saving her for next gameplay trailer, like they did with Rocket Raccoon.

I thought your post said you were skeptical of Gamora and others being in the game.

Skab

It'll take at least another decade before Marvel can come back for revenge.

You people are delusional if you think Marvel is actually going anywhere.

At the end of the day as long as the gameplay is good, the community will still play the ever loving shit out of it, and it will still get spots at tourneys. And if the game gets long term support along with its dlc? Yeah. Get ready for infinite to be at Evo for years to come.

You people are delusional if you think Marvel is actually going anywhere.

At the end of the day as long as the gameplay is good, the community will still play the ever loving shit out of it, and it will still get spots at tourneys. And if the game gets long term support along with its dlc? Yeah. Get ready for infinite to be at Evo for years to come.

I know it'll be played at tournaments for years. I was making a Tekken joke.

Xater

NRS did better on facial animations but gameplay is stick rigid. MvCi in-game moves and plays far better.

I must have missed where I talked about gameplay or animations. Capcoms UE4 fighting games just look worse than all their competition and it's super disappointing.

varsas

Neo Member
Injustice 2 characters look really weird in stills too. It's the high quality facial animation that saves them.

screenshot_17.jpg

This and videos of Supergirl I've seen are pretty much the reason why I wonder about the benchmark for the dislike of the MvCI models...

Grimsen

This is pretty much the reason why I wonder about the benchmark for the dislike of the MvCI models...

While it's valid to compare pre-relase IJ2 models to MVCi models, I don't believe for a minute that Capcom has the team or the budget to improve the character models like NRS did.

crash-14

I'm the only one that hates the fact that every time charachters interact, they need to say the name of the other? Like in every freaking sentence? It's so annoying...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I thought your post said you were skeptical of Gamora and others being in the game.

Where did I say that?

I'm sorry about double post but I really want to get it off my mind so here it goes.

Release date is like three months away so we still have plenty of times to get more information and reveals. I know many people believe that Ryce's roster leak is complete but let humor me and see my point about it. Also I'm going to follow gameplay trailers, not story mode trailers so keep it in your mind.

PSX Reveal - Captain America, Captain Marvel Iron Man, Morrigan, Ryu and Mega Man X (Power Stone and Time Stone)
April Reveal - Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Ultron, Chris Redfield, Strider, and Chun Li (Space Stone)
E3 Reveal - Rocket Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Thanos, Nova, Dante, Spencer, Arthur, and Zero (Reality Stone)

So we still have two months worth of reveals. I would guess that we might have two more trailers to go since we still haven't seen two more infinity stones in action yet. Also I would like to remind everyone that we still have 7 characters left that haven't revealed in gameplay trailer, which are Gamora, Ant-Man, Jedah, Monster Hunter, Spider-Man, Firebrand and Nemesis.

I can't see them splitting 7 characters and two stones into two trailers but at same time, I could see it happen. It's plausible that Venom and Frank West might be part of base roster. My point is it's possible that there might be very few more characters that Ryce and other sources might not know of. I'm not asking everyone to set their expectation for few more characters but just keep your expectation low and we might be surprised at the end.

I'm saying that there is a chance that we might get more characters along with 6 unannounced characters + Gamora.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y'all think we're gonna get a few additional reveals at CEO this weekend?

vriTjtK.gif
But one shitty Chun-Li model spoils MvC:I.

VariantX

While it's valid to compare pre-relase IJ2 models to MVCi models, I don't believe for a minute that Capcom has the team or the budget to improve the character models like NRS did.

No way in hell they did. Capcom ain't got that kind of cash anymore. All of the stuff they've done has been on a low to medium-sized budget. Feels like RE6 was the last time they had a ton of money to spend.

It's funny how IJ2 and MvCI are polar opposites when it comes to graphical focus.

IJ2 looks beautiful in story mode but looks like absolute shit in-game.

MvCI looks horrid in the story but great in-game.

The latest Capcom fighting game is always terrible and it only becomes good when a new Capcom fighting game comes out.

See: SF4, MvC3

That's not so outrageous if the new Capcom fighting game looks like it came out two generations before.

Capcom fighting games are praised for how good they look until it isn't convenient.

sephi22

People exposing themselves over some Marvel, lol.
How am I exposing anything? I've used that term before just check my post history. Way easier to type than Capcom shill.

Just enjoying the schadenfreude after years of Capcom faithful shitting on and ignoring other games for the most nitpicky of reasons.

This isn't the series/company I fell in love with. SFV has 10x the love put into it for all it's faults. You guys can support this game if you like. If this looks appealing to you, then Capcom and you deserve one another. Especially the guys who impulse pre-ordered the $200 edition. "Oh but It's Mahvel baby! You know I gotta support dat Mahvel".

FOH. This ain't Mahvel. This is some wack shit approved by suits and made by an incompetent team to make a quick buck off the fanbase (and casuals). I'm given two options - if I speak with my wallet and don't buy it, the series may die VS. I buy it to support the series, and it sends the wrong message and I get more of the same. They been pulling this shit since SFxT and I've bought every Capcom fighter since SF4 besides USFII. When is enough enough?

They're both terrible. What are you going to do? Call me a cuck?
No. Not cuck. I'm not alt right and I don't kink shame, unless your kink is forgiving substandard bastardized fighting games from Capcom.
You'd know if you do that better than me, and I'm not going to go through your post history, so if you think those are terrible and you find this shit forgivable, then yes my friend, you are a capcuck.

Um... excuse me?
Did I stutter?

Gbraga

Why does this game have SO MUCH chromatic aberration? I've never seen this much in a single game before.

It looks even worse in person than it does in videos.

God bless Arc System Works, keeping Marvel alive.

Top Bottom