• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

its unfair to compare any game to the Xrd team games because those cats use blood sacrifice and black magic to achieve those graphics.

We are all going straight to hell because we enjoy them.

tumblr_opae4hPRcG1r7sijxo1_500.gif

Sorcery I tell you!
That animation, ASW be praised hahah.

If Infinite gets updated in the presentation/art style, it could look way better...

vg260

That's a very big bullshit yes it looks worse art style wise but the models, backgrounds, effects ... Look way better technically than anything in UMvC 3.

It might not look as well due to lack of style and chromatic abberation but on a technical perspective it's an upgrade. Objectively better textures, models, and backgrounds

The thing is, it sure as hell better be an upgrade on a technical level on a new generation of hardware. Saying this means very little as all of these things should be a given and are bare minimum in terms of expectations.

Ten_Fold

The character models look like a shiny version of the mobile games, I really feel this game's budget is really low which is why they didn't use niitsuma's team like the did with tvc and mvc3, still the gameplay looks sooo freeform

HotHamBoy

its unfair to compare any game to the Xrd team games because those cats use blood sacrifice and black magic to achieve those graphics.

We are all going straight to hell because we enjoy them.

tumblr_opae4hPRcG1r7sijxo1_500.gif

Sorcery I tell you!

While there is no doubt that the cel shaded grapgics are superb, what makes Xrd look so great is the animations. They have infused characters with so much crazy personality, everyone looks so creative and is so fun to watch. That isn't tech, that's talent.

The animations in these games are Xrd-tier:

Blazblue
Darkstalkers
Third Strike
Skullgirls
Smash Bros 4

MrCarter

DragonBall caused a surge in Guilty Gear sales. That says something about what DragonBall will do, sales wise. DragonBall hasn't been a sales slouch with Xenoverse, so I think there's a pretty decent chance of it cracking 2-3 million copies sold.

I called SFV failing, and I think MVC:I will do the same. It's SFxT all over again.

I don't think SFV "failed" as selling more than 1.6 million isn't something to look down upon in such a niche genre, especially when it's only on two platforms. KoF, GG and BlazBlue would dream to have hose kind of sales and we still have yet to see how well T7 or Injustice have done. The game still has time to grow and remains to be popular at all events. SFxT failed because the gameplay, presentation and DLC fiasco left a bad taste in people's mouths whereas with SFV and MvCi, despite having a few issues, both have solid gameplay that will keep people playing.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I have some potentially bad news for anyone like me who was hoping that Capcom wouldn't brutalise Frank West's character further (DR4, sheesh).

As of writing this, Alyson Court who voiced Claire Redfield in virtually every one of her appearances (aside from REvelations 2) will not be returning as Claire for the REmake, despite being reached out to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtuCEDTaXqc&feature=youtu.be

This is due to Capcom going 'non-union'. Whether this would effect MvC:I is unclear but it doesn't look promising.

This lines up with a statement that TJ Rotolo made roughly 7 months ago in response to the fan outcry for him to return in Dead Rising 4 :

"Props to the DR fans and your support of Frank.
So you guys know, for many months the Screen Actors Guild (of which I'm a
member) has been in talks with gaming producers to negotiate a fair and
standard contract for voice and motion capture performers. To indicate
just how those talks have gone, the Guild recently called for a strike.
It is my belief that these negotiations and SAG's push for a
standardized contract played a role in Capcom's decision to go with a
different voice for the character.
I've always enjoyed working with the folks at Capcom Vancouver; they are
a fun and imaginative group of professionals. I hope this situation
ends very soon. All too often though, it is the fans who really end up
taking the hit. I love the game and the character and would be all too
happy to continue to crack wise as Frank for as long as the creators and
the fans would have me. Just wanted you all to know; my thanks again
for your support!
Best,
Terence J. Rotolo"

Petty, disrespectful, Capcom.

HotHamBoy

I don't think SFV "failed" as selling more than 1.6 million isn't something to look down upon in such a niche genre, especially when it's only on two platforms. KoF, GG and BlazBlue would dream to have hose kind of sales and we still have yet to see how well T7 or Injustice have done. The game still has time to grow and remains to be popular at all events. SFxT failed because the gameplay, presentation and DLC fiasco left a bad taste in people's mouths whereas with SFV and MvCi, despite having a few issues, both have solid gameplay that will keep people playing.

I firmly believe that Super Street Fighter V, if it's real, would get the game a bigger audience. Especially if they do a whole new presentation ala SF4 > SSF4.

It's alleged to be a free update for current owners so no harm, no foul. But $40 for a rebranded SFV with all of Season 1, maybe even Season 2, would be massive.

The other option, which I think would make just as much sense, is to go F2P with a small rotating free base roster. The way it is set up with Fight Money is already using the model.

Jawmuncher

SFV missed expectations and for being essentially the #1 franchise in the fighting space (I think MK might hce recently passed it overall sales wise, in not sure). It's rather sad all things considered. It might not be SFxT levels of failure thanks to its continued support as tournament presence. But it's a far cry from where it should've been at this point of time. The other issue is the sales are stagnating. They're not interesting anyone new to hop on even with their numerous sales. This game should be selling consistently.

The newest iteration of SF shouldn't be struggling in any form like it is.

vg260

SFV failed in terms of it's sales goal as presented to its shareholders. Even if those players are still playing and enjoying it. it's a failure by Capcom's own metric, and it's one that shareholders care about it meeting.

Vanish

its not nearly as complicated as in mvc3 though. like for that you needed 6 selections btw character and assists. here its basically point/point/assist right so its not end of the world

true but it would still be nice time-saver to have so you don't have to pick the same characters, color/costume and stone every time.

Is it just me or do the graphics seem a little better on the E3 versus demo than it does on the Story demo?

true but it would still be nice time-saver to have so you don't have to pick the same characters, color/costume and stone every time.

Is it just me or do the graphics seem a little better on the E3 versus demo than it does on the Story demo?

they do......like the desert stage looks brighter and makes things pop more.

The GUI is still freaking awful.

Its very clear though that the team had no budget for this game and they did what they could. I maintain that the gameplay in system looks great.

One thing I'm kinda surprised by is how much it looks like they changed the returning characters, like Combofiend did a freudian slip and basically showed theyre trying to make Nova into Magneto. Like the cast is not great but they did work

They really need to fix the character models though jesus christ they're bad

sinkfla87

Its very clear though that the team had no budget for this game and they did what they could. I maintain that the gameplay in system looks great.

One thing I'm kinda surprised by is how much it looks like they changed the returning characters, like Combofiend did a freudian slip and basically showed theyre trying to make Nova into Magneto. Like the cast is not great but they did work

I laughed my ass off when that happened on stream. After I laughed I actually feel kind of bad for him because you could tell he had a "Aw fuck, I wasn't supposed to do that" look on his face. Probably doesn't want to officially confirm Magneto's absence yet lol.

vg260

It's brighter than than the other stages shown, but It still seems to have the same unnecessary filters muddying up the graphics. They can still make it bright with nice lighting effects without that. Kinda like how the Kanndaq stage in Injustice 2 looks. It has the same aesthetics with a lot of sunlight, but still looks sharp without all the CA/double image color bleeding.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are we expecting new reveals at CEO this weekend? Maybe just an additional 2?

lol, are you going to compare using a GAME ENGINE to copy/pasting characters? Give me a break Enzo.
Not directly, but work is work? Do you know how much work gets put into these engines? Granted, they've got UE4 as a base, but as far as implementing middleware, refining presentation etc. goes ASW has a huge leg up. I don't know why it's okay to call out MvC:I for reusing animations but they're literally throwing DBZ characters into Xrd and it's all-new? Give me a break.

The quality of games usually comes down to budget restraints most of the time (and organizational ability, of course, which companies can hemorrhage with if they are inefficient), and who knows how much either title is working with.

Okay so that's what his new air gun move is for.

https://twitter.com/kbkinderparty/status/875110481807015936

Hulk's wall jump, for those who haven't seen it yet.
Every character is getting the juice now, huh. I guess, even with infinity stones (which in many ways can be telegraphed, and can be unsafe), every character needs more mobility in the absence of neutral assists which used to cover your movement. More one man mixups.

I watched a video with fchamp and justin wong going head to head and is it just early days and noone knows what they're doing or does damage seem to be really low?

And Justin already figuring out the cheap stuff. Gem activation and spam what looks like jab or strong over and over. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uJ1JMuwiSs
People are using counter-switch quite liberally, it seems, despite the cost.

I like how Thanos' fireball speeds up the longer it's out.

And yes, those Nova gut punches are about to become the next Yipes catchphrase.

They could be keeping him off as a consideration to the Sony game.
He should get a PS4-exclusive alt of the new costume from the PS4 game. I don't see that being the default, but it'd be neat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanos/Ultron vs. Strider/Iron Man gameplay at 1080p60. Noob gameplay with autocombos, but you get a look at the visuals and the game looks great. Some taunts and a clearer look at moves interspersed throughout. At least early on in combos, there's a looooot of leniency for newcomers. Some decent Realty Storm lockdown by the end.

Thanos' overhead ground bounces. I have no idea what that move is where Thanos lets out a pulse of gold energy from all over his body.

Like I know I'm gonna fuck with Thanos like I know I'm gonna fuck with Cell. I just need to know some good team members for both.

Kinda wanna play MVC2 with him despite him being way different.

Mugy

Where i can find videos similar to the explained mechanics video with Combofiend?

I need visually information of this game. As much as i can get from pros.

jett

D-Member
Marvel Infinite does have better detail, textures and polygons. That's probably an objective truth, it is technically the more demanding the game.

But if it looks like a phone game aesthetically... who cares how many polygons each character has or what the resolution of the textures are?

It doesn't look like a phone game, lol. The the real difference is that it's using more traditional rendering compared to the cel-shaded look of MvC3 or the painterly style of SF4 and SFV. That was probably a mistake.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IGN Access video on accessibility. Nothing new here really, posting just 'cause.

Something I'm noticing looking through likes and comments on YouTube videos are people are pretty down/disappointed on it except for the Gameplay Trailer, which kind of echoes GAF's sentiment "they should have shown this during the conference."

Where i can find videos similar to the explained mechanics video with Combofiend?

I need visually information of this game. As much as i can get from pros.
Are you talking about the Gameplay Introduction video or Combofiend's in-depth breakdown with Yipes? Both recommended.

Thanos/Ultron vs. Strider/Iron Man gameplay at 1080p60. Noob gameplay with autocombos, but you get a look at the visuals and the game looks great. Some taunts and a clearer look at moves interspersed throughout. At least early on in combos, there's a looooot of leniency for newcomers. Some decent Realty Storm lockdown by the end.

Thanos' overhead ground bounces. I have no idea what that move is where Thanos lets out a pulse of gold energy from all over his body.

god the gui is even worse at this resolution lol.

Lets be honest do you think they just bought a bunch of these assets online and jacked code from github?

Mugy

IGN Access video on accessibility. Nothing new here really, posting just 'cause.

Something I'm noticing looking through likes and comments on YouTube videos are people are pretty down/disappointed on it except for the Gameplay Trailer, which kind of echoes GAF's sentiment "they should have shown this during the conference."

Are you talking about the Gameplay Introduction video or Combofiend's in-depth breakdown with Yipes? Both recommended.

The second one. I want a breakdown mechanics videos explained from people who are good at marvel 3. Or just direct-feed matches between people that are really good

As a spokesperson for all Magneto players, we all hate Nova.

Like someone said, Capcom gave the parasites the ammo for this. Now they just gotta hold the L. It definitely was something people were waiting on, as most of the FGC cesspool can be hive-minded.

The best thing they can do is to keep showing it off in the hands of pros at events like CEO and EVO. The game looks great in motion but they need to prove it's going to be complex and interesting in actual play. If they can't impress on a presentation level, they need to impress on a mechanics level to make fighting game fans *want* to play it.

Also probably adjust Chun's face and make some shader changes so they can shake the 'meth not even once' memes.

The best thing they can do is to keep showing it off in the hands of pros at events like CEO and EVO. The game looks great in motion but they need to prove it's going to be complex and interesting in actual play. If they can't impress on a presentation level, they need to impress on a mechanics level to make fighting game fans *want* to play it.

Also probably adjust Chun's face and make some shader changes so they can shake the 'meth not even once' memes.

The Marvel vs Capcom series fans will play it, no matter what. They won't get the fighting games fans and the casuals tho'. The game is already a flop.

(I'll be there day one)

Top Bottom