• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Spinky

EhxncJ2.gif

This makes absolutely zero sense.

Plus, I was laughing at Thanos' face before Chun-Li's during E3. And Cap's busted too. Apart from the Liefeld proportions, his face looks like he's seen some shit.

Vic_Viper

Im sure this has been talked about already but apparently according to the Giant Bomb guys, the X-Men characters wont be added until the 3rd DLC season. So at the least a year a way lol. Each DLC pack is going to be centered around a certain group. So Season 2 will be Darkstalkers and season 3 are X-Men. Just a guess but each pack will probably be 4 characters at the most and I wonder if they are going to split the pack with Capcom characters also or if each pack will be completely different.

Really hope if they only get 4 characters to add from the X roster they do: Wolverine, Cyclopse, Psylocke, and Magneto.

Not sure how I feel about having to wait that long for the characters I really want to play. Hell I completely stopped following which characters are being added to Street Fighter V after the first 3 months lol.

Risero

Banned
Risero believes everything posted on reddit

Lol I'm just joking around.

Im sure this has been talked about already but apparently according to the Giant Bomb guys, the X-Men characters wont be added until the 3rd DLC season. So at the least a year a way lol. Each DLC pack is going to be centered around a certain group. So Season 2 will be Darkstalkers and season 3 are X-Men. Just a guess but each pack will probably be 4 characters at the most and I wonder if they are going to split the pack with Capcom characters also or if each pack will be completely different.

Really hope if they only get 4 characters to add from the X roster they do: Wolverine, Cyclopse, Psylocke, and Magneto.

Not sure how I feel about having to wait that long for the characters I really want to play. Hell I completely stopped following which characters are being added to Street Fighter V after the first 3 months lol.

I highly doubt this is true. Mvc games always have an equal amount of Marvel and Capcon characters. Dear God don't even make me think about the possibility of more Darkstalkers **shudders**

Spade

I highly doubt this is true. Mvc games always have an equal amount of Marvel and Capcon characters. Dear God don't even make me think about the possibility of more Darkstalkers **shudders**

Sorry homie, but not true. Even when counting the secret characters in Marvel vs Capcom 1, it's not the same amount on both sides. X-Men vs Street Fighter too (Akuma is the extra). Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (Norimaru takes a spot)

Vic_Viper

Where did they say this?

Im pretty sure it was from their Day One at E3 video when Jason was around. It was either there or from their Sealed Envelope Podcast. Dont remember which, I was just listening to it while at work last night. Id post a link if I can find it.

I mean it would equal out if they did a Darkstalkers themed dlc pack with 4 and then a X-Men themed pack with 4.

I think one of the biggest mistakes was having Black Panther not in the main roster at launch but instead having him be DLC. He is for the most part the biggest chance of having a Wolverine replacement in the game. I really want to see how he plays now that they announced hes in the game though.

Is Gamora DLC also or is she in the OG Roster?

Lulubop

Im pretty sure it was from their Day One at E3 video when Jason was around. It was either there or from their Sealed Envelope Podcast. Dont remember which, I was just listening to it while at work last night. Id post a link if I can find it.

I mean it would equal out if they did a Darkstalkers themed dlc pack with 4 and then a X-Men themed pack with 4.

I think one of the biggest mistakes was having Black Panther not in the main roster at launch but instead having him be DLC. He is for the most part the biggest chance of having a Wolverine replacement in the game. I really want to see how he plays now that they announced hes in the game though.

Launch

I wonder if they're going by the themed-DLC pack "leak"

I'm going to have a lot of enemies by the time this game comes out. Do people really want Felicia and Hisen Ko back? Like actually want to play as them and not because they're female?

No, I want Sasquash, Jon and QBee.

Assuming Jedah is 100% in I'd swap out Sasquash for Raptor or Anakaris (who'd look nuts in 3d) but yeah these Darkstalker reps would be preferable over Felicia or Hsien Ko.

regarding themed dlc seasons, an Xmen vs Street Fighter dlc pack with Cyber Akuma would be sick as hell.

Spinky

I want Jack Baker so freakin bad man

Originally I thought he stood a very good chance, but after seeing this asstastic roster I have no idea anymore.

But I'm dying for him to make it, it'd be so gloriously stupid.

Wanna beat up superheroes with this old invincible goofball.

Yeah I think a year is what most of us X-Men hopefuls were expecting. It's really up to the community to make sure this game lasts that long as I'm expecting a big drop after DBZF comes out.

Marvel keeps pushing Captain Marvel but I honestly hate that character after CW2. I much prefer Storm, Rogue, Phoenix, etc for a female Marvel slot.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Sound like RikuRikuMore rumors. I wonder they saw it and decide to believe in it.

Yes thats what the GB guys were saying. The X characters will be the 3rd themed DLC according to them.

I highly doubt the GB guys have any insider knowledge of dlc plans. They're likely guessing as much as any of us.

Marvel keeps pushing Captain Marvel but I honestly hate that character after CW2. I much prefer Storm, Rogue, Phoenix, etc for a female Marvel slot.

Whatever you feel about Captain Marvel as a character, her move set is way more interesting than Rogue's could be.

Storm should def be in the game. She's up there with Wolverine and Magneto in terms of legacy of the series.

I don't want Phoenix anywhere near an MvC game again after 3.

Spinky

Is Roger Craig Smith voicing Chris? In the gameplay it sounds nothing like him. (compare his "One, two! Here's another!" from MVC3 to Infinite)

According to IMDb, it is. Which is super weird because I've been saying the exact same thing. It only sounds like him in cutscenes.

Neoxon

Is Roger Craig Smith voicing Chris? In the gameplay it sounds nothing like him. (compare his "One, two! Here's another!" from MVC3 to Infinite)
I asked Roger on Twitter about a month or two ago. He liked the tweet (implying that it was him), but followed up by saying "Oops" or something along those lines.

With the Fox ban affecting the base roster & Carol getting a movie in 2019, what else did you expect?

JeTmAn81

Weirdly, after playing the demo I have more interest in Captain Marvel than I ever have before. She's got a good design and is fun to play.

Sayad

Why would Marvel pay Capcom to make their characters look worse? What benefit is there for that? Overall game looks worse if Capcom side looks like shit,so this rumor/idea makes zero sense to me.

It's more likely that the Capcom side with locked in characters like Chun/Dante/Morrigan/Chris were just modeled earlier into the development, maybe even at a time when the game had a different art direction(more cell shaded, maybe!).

In regards to why Marvel characters look significantly better than Capcom characters:

It's entirely possible that the Marvel models are the first ones to be polished completely because of Marvel's strict approval process. Both DC and Marvel have an approval process to ensure that the use of their IPs is a fair representation of how they want their characters to be used. DC's approval process is very strict, but I've heard that Marvel (since the Disney takeover) has been just as strict. It's entirely possible that Capcom characters are being fixed later in the development process because more work had to be done to get Marvel's approval.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Weirdly, after playing the demo I have more interest in Captain Marvel than I ever have before. She's got a good design and is fun to play.

it begins

giphy.gif

that diversity/mcu mandate for games is going to pay dividends

With the Fox ban affecting the base roster & Carol getting a movie in 2019, what else did you expect?

Carol's getting a movie in 2018 even

I highly doubt the GB guys have any insider knowledge of dlc plans. They're likely guessing as much as any of us.

Whatever you feel about Captain Marvel as a character, her move set is way more interesting than Rogue's could be.

Storm should def be in the game. She's up there with Wolverine and Magneto in terms of legacy of the series.

I don't want Phoenix anywhere near an MvC game again after 3.

Debatable, since Rogue could potentially be a mishmash of mutant powers gameplay-wise similar to how they've handled her in Marvel Heroes. Phoenix was really only busted in 3 because of what X-Factor did to her.

Oh I understand the push, doesn't mean I like the consequences affecting these decisions though.

I'm going to have a lot of enemies by the time this game comes out. Do people really want Felicia and Hisen Ko back? Like actually want to play as them and not because they're female?

Ill play anything I can get when it comes to Darkstalkers, I was probably one of 5%that stuck with Lei Lei in my main team even after it was discovered she was low tier, even if she was slower/heavier then her original game (sad about this). I really do wonder how the hell they are gonna pull Jedah off if the leak is 100% true.

Top Bottom