• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Wasn't there a mechanic like that in MVC1? I would guess that if they're both alive it heals them a ton

Health recovery?

red health for the surge, resurrect if one is downed, green health if both are up?

Yes, there was in MVC1.

I mean, I guess Soul could be a purely healing gem, but I would think it would have some offensive properties too

Mind might make more sense for the Variable Cross style thing, with infinite hyper meter like in MVC1

The Mind Gem being a universal parry that during infinity storm caused your meter to fill up quickly would be pretty cool.

Soul Stone maybe could give you life drain for a short time on activation?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Kamala was one of the few Marvel characters I really wanted. I would've put money on her being in the base roster.

Same here. I think she still have a good shot to be in the game tho.

Dunno if this has been posted yet, probably has, but either way...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Man, he looks soooo badass!

Unlikely, they used E3 for MvC:I, CEO is almost certainly just SFV.

Yup, I would agree with you there. I can't wait to see what Abagail would be like since he's going to be first Canadian fighter in SF Universe.

dat Hulk wall jump tho!

Yessss. He's going to be stupid in the game hopefully.

I wonder though, if the soul stone resurrects, what will it do if you use it with 2 healthy characters?

Maybe soul stone allows you to use both your characters at the same time if both are alive, but if not, it revives them?

Or trade Infinity stone bar for free level 3.

JAXXX

DCeem4OVwAA-mBf.jpg

DCeem4RUwAEmC5R.jpg

DCeem3KUwAA0LZ9.jpg

I feel like when it comes to a character like Rocket Raccoon, going photo realistic just doesn't work unless you're able to pull off what they're doing in the movies. Cartoon Rocket looks so much better, I thought he looked great in UMvC3.

Dahbomb

Strider getting animals as command normals is super buff. Especially with this Tag system.

This character is never going to be bad.

Neoxon

I feel like when it comes to a character like Rocket Raccoon, going photo realistic just doesn't work unless you're able to pull off what they're doing in the movies. Cartoon Rocket looks so much better, I thought he looked great in UMvC3.
It doesn't help that Marvel's chasing after the MCU with this game, so we sadly won't get Rocket's 2008 DnA costume back unless it's DLC. We should count our blessings that Marvel stopped shoving Sam Alexander down our throats in time for MvCI's base roster.

Dahbomb

Idk man he wasn't great in 3 accept as an assist
He's a top tier anchor and you can't be a top tier anchor in that game without having a crazy toolset.

His main weakness in 3 was the damage, you could definitely play him on point if you could somehow get damage on him. It was just that Vajra was too good not to use as an assist so that's why he was put in the back but his point toolkit was great.

In this game he doesn't have that issue... I would be shocked if he wasn't top 10 in this game.

Dahbomb

Yeah I just realized that too.

That pretty much means RIP chance of getting alternate DP/down, down option in the game because Strange has both inputs.

Neoxon

I noticed that Doctor Strange's effects were altered to be more in line with how the MCU depicts magic.

Yeah I just realized that too.

That pretty much means RIP chance of getting alternate DP/down, down option in the game.
Ryu also retained his DP motions.

Dahbomb

Ordinary guy got a QCF+K move!

Ryu doesn't have his multi fireball move from Marvel 3 or his Denjin mode.

Seems really basic compared to the characters ie. not very good.

Top Bottom