• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Ryce

I like how Capcom's slowly been making Iron Man more representative of the character since MvC3 instead of just completely overhauling him at once.

MrCarter

But some stuff in SF5 and MVCI especially are questionable when it comes to artstyle.

Although SFV has issues with clipping and Ken's face on character select, in-game the aesthetics and animations are pretty well done. Hopefully MvCI can do a patch like KOF14 to improve visuals in the future.

Control over movement is a super important thing to me in games. It's why I like Tekken & Marvel so much. Tekken 4ing MVCs movement will never sit well with me.

Other than movement, did you think it was fun to play?

Do you like set play? Do you like bullshit set ups? Getting blown up & blowing people out? Then you'll like the game.

To me where Marvel was great though & what set get players apart from the rest was their movement & the neutral.

I don't like this game cause it nerfs solid neutral plat in Marvel in favor of everyone having Doom Ammy THC bullshit.

vg260

Comparing SFV to MvCI is pretty disingenuous. There are some common quibbles with a few models in SFV, but they are nowhere even close to the problems with the awful, awful look of Infinite. Ken's face looking rough in the character select screen doesn't exactly compare to half of Infinite's characters looking like they were ripped from a cellphone game and upresed.

For all its faults, SFV looks like a game people cared about during development. Infinite, on the other hand, looks like a game that is a year away from being done and was haphazardly pushed out. A rough first pass at best, but apparently that was enough for Capcom.

Even the comparisons with KoF XIV are uncalled for. There the models are basic, but there is a cohesive aesthetic in place. MvCI is set to be the ugliest fighting game on the modern consoles. Absolutely unacceptable.

Yeah, I agree. I played the demo and then SFV, and it looked so much better. Even KoF for being relatively simple looks cohesive, sharp, and clean.

I feel like the biggest issue with MvCI's presentation is Capcom going hog wild with all awful looking color shift filters. It effectively makes the game a blurry lower rez while also messing up the color and vibrancy. Jumping from the demo to UMvC3 on PS4 is such a big difference. Heck, just compare the lifebar to everything else. Only thing is they also seeemed to have not put a lot of care into the texture detail thinking the filters would cover it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
here. Video's quality isn't good tho.
Is this colour scheme referencing Binary? It'd be awesome if, like MvC3, all of the colors were references to looks or other characters over the years.

Binary-Marvel-Comics-Carol-Danvers-Ms-Marvel-b.jpg

Come to think of it, we haven't seen many P2 colors in general. I can only think of Nova, Thanos, and Captain Marvel.

I like this post.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7LDRHW2BA3t67z9OKidMH4ZZLYbXXa2A

Playlist of 16 matches between Justin Wong and F.Champ at CEO 2017 if anyone want to watch.
Good looks.

Still can't get over how they gave half of Nova's unique normals to Ultron. Those air combos are pretty Magneto-like.. (See Game 8; long ass combos in here in general).

Captain Marvel's airthrow is really reminiscient of a character from Injustice that I can't remember the name of.

Yo hitting a character with Captain Marvel's air beam super, switching to Nova, and superjumping to hit them with Gravimetric Blaster from the other direction is hilarious.

Captain Marvel is looking really fucking good right now, what doesn't she have? That vertical dive kick is looking especially dirty. She can convert from air to ground and back into air so goddamn easily (See Game 7). Not the most damaging, but she has all the tools some characters have, and more.

Time Surge works as a pretty decent counter to Reality Surge, lets you escape those pillars and the wind especially. Hell, great counter to the stone in general because you can avoid the tracking projectile as well. Love the Storm activation poses in general, but Nova and Thanos have really good ones.

Javelin seems like a pretty decent neutral assist set up because of the semi-ambiguous delay and decent tracking. FChamp using it a bit in the earlier games.

Looks like Nova can direct his charge move, in Game 6 he angles it down-right in the air. Might just be one of the variations of it though.

Ultron got an eye laser move too? SMH they really tryna keep Scott Summers away, huh.

Projectile durability is still a thing in this game, right? Any confirmation?

@1:20 in Game 15, seems like they've glitched incoming so the character appears standing lol Will probably get patched out, but it's nasty as-is.

Dat combo into reset @1:05 in Game 16

Dahbomb

Throw tech puts characters pretty far away from each other.

In any case trying to figure out what the long term meta for this game is going to be like is very difficult, almost impossible.

A lot of stuff people thing are cheap/broken aren't even real or that good. A lot of these tag set ups are super unsafe and will just get your characters happy birthday'd. That's why when you see Justin and FChamp play they aren't tagging as much as they were before at E3.

The whole super into tag plus mix up thing probably looks good now but I don't think that will be that strong later on. For one, meter is not that common in this game so you can't just go for that every time you get meter. Saving meter for combo breakers as actually legit not to mention saving meter to kill someone as damage scaling is actually pretty significant in this game. Like ok you blew a meter to do a full screen beam that go block, you did a high low and got a hit but because of the super you are already starting the combo scaled as hell and the meter you used means you have less meter to actually do damage. Not to mention that if your mix up fails, the person who did the hyper actually does a taunt before leaving out meaning once you push block them out, you get free damage on the other character.

Not to mention that no one actually knows what they are doing in the game. There are people who have spent hours on the game and still don't know what they are doing, still learning new stuff.

And of course, this is not the final build and there might be more changes coming.

Canucked

Do t know how I feel about Xgard. I feel like it's oddly boring yet over designed. And Ultron Sigma looks like an 80s action figure which is all kinds of rad.

Seyavesh

hm, i've been hearing reports from CEO that DP input is in the game again? at least, for zero?

wonder if it's like a toggle or something

Dahbomb

hm, i've been hearing reports from CEO that DP input is in the game again? at least, for zero?

wonder if it's like a toggle or something
Ryu, Strange and Morrigan have it for some of their moves. That's about it, there is no toggle or option for it.

Right now an immediate and obvious problem with the game is the Reality gem V-skill. That move is being used by players as a defensive move because the projectile comes out with little start up and right in front, at worst you get a trade in a tight/scramble situation. That's obviously not what it was designed for and it's almost as good as Phoenix's tracking fireball from Vanilla Marvel 3 that got nerfed because it was obviously too good. FChamp thinks that move is too good too and he's a defensive player so he would love that shit.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is this colour scheme referencing Binary? It'd be awesome if, like MvC3, all of the colors were references to looks or other characters over the years.

Binary-Marvel-Comics-Carol-Danvers-Ms-Marvel-b.jpg

Come to think of it, we haven't seen many P2 colors in general. I can only think of Nova, Thanos, and Captain Marvel.

Yeah, I would like to think so. I wonder how many alt colors we would get this time? Hopefully we would get 6.

Captain Marvel's airthrow is really reminiscient of a character from Injustice that I can't remember the name of.

Hawkgirl?

If I saw right, have not messed around with the demo enough to see or seen enough gameplay, dosn't Capt. Marvel go Binary when she absorbed enough hits with her little ability?

I know her supers are hints at Binary, but not sure about a costume color proper.

JeTmAn81

So me & Ray are lying?
You're also saying Combofiend is a liar cause admitted they nerfed movement on stream because "Only 1% of the players could plink & wave dash"

Just saying how it feels to me. It's definitely slower, but playing the game I just adjusted my dashing to what's there and still found wavedashing satisfactory.

I wonder if there's any chance Ultron-Sigma/Ultron Omega will be a playable character...I mean, I guess its possible, right?

Playable bosses has been a somewhat unofficial tradition in the series. I suspect if they want to make good on that, it'll be side mode like UMvC or MvC1, or for use in training/local versus like MSH, MSHvsSF, etc. Not for use in Online

Mugy

What it really bothers me the msot at this point its just the fact that nobody seems surprised with the roster. No character surprise like: "Woah i didn't expect that character in here".

For me, UMVC3 was this when we got Amaterasu, Nemesis, Taskmaster and Phoenix Wright.

Maybe its just me.

I-hate-u

What it really bothers me the msot at this point its just the fact that nobody seems surprised with the roster. No character surprise like: "Woah i didn't expect that character in here".

For me, UMVC3 was this when we got Amaterasu, Nemesis, Taskmaster and Phoenix Wright.

Maybe its just me.

When freaking Gamora is the most surprise pick in the roster, you know you got a problem.

Jawmuncher

Monster Hunter, Jedah? They crazy to me

Jedah is probably the biggest surprise. Only because we're finally getting another DS character that isn't Felecia or Hsien Ko. Monster Hunter had been talked about for awhile and was always just a matter of time.

Even still though, I think the lack of surprise newcomers even with them is apparent. Especially on the Marvel side. They're all generally safe picks.

Jedah is probably the biggest surprise. Only because we're finally getting another DS character that isn't Felecia or Hsien Ko. Monster Hunter had been talked about for awhile and was always just a matter of time.

Even still though, I think the lack of surprise newcomers even with them is apparent.

Hasn't even mvc main entry gotten a new ds character? I don't think a new ds is surprising for mvci, it's who they picked because of his gimmick that makes it surprising.

Mugy

Monster Hunter, Jedah? They crazy to me

Monster Hunter i think has been something people wanted in this game since Tatsuno.vs Capcom rejected characters. And Jedah its the same; people has been asking for a different Darkstalkers rep. for years. And things where between Jon Talbain or Jedah. No surprise there in my opinion.

Now, do yo any of you guys where expecting the Super Skrull, NOVA, or Dormmamu in mvc3? thats my point. Marvel comics universe has change a lot in the last years, i know that, but man, throw something there nobody its expecting...

And what about the requested characters for UMVC3? At this point i believed Asura form Asura's Wrath was gonna be a shoot to the floor. I find hard to believe he is NOT in the game

Grakl

Hmm yeah OK, marvel side def lacking in surprises. I suppose I have my character so I don't mind as much, but I understand why people annoyed

Monster Hunter i think has been something people wanted in this game since Tatsuno.vs Capcom rejected characters. And Jedah its the same; people has been asking for a different Darkstalkers rep. for years. And things where between Jon Talbain or Jedah. No surprise there in my opinion.

Now, do yo any of you guys where expecting the Super Skrull, NOVA, or Dormmamu in mvc3? thats my point. Marvel comics universe has change a lot in the last years, i know that, but man, throw something there nobody its expecting...

And what about the requested characters for UMVC3? At this point i believed Asura form Asura's Wrath was gonna be a shoot to the floor. I find hard to believe he is NOT in the game

Yeah, this roster is honestly very safe. I know they said they wanted the roster to be filled with characters that would have good pairings along with making sense in the story, but still. Most of us thought Asura was a given.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DCr6PPTXYAAk0k5.jpg

I get Marvel and KOF, but why is Tekken in a anime tournament?

Top Bottom