• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Risero

Banned
On the topic of naming conventions: I think we shouldn't bother with shortening the names of the stones, it's too confusing. I think it should be like: "I play Ultron/Dante/Space"

Eh...I guess if you consider the (abc) tv shows part of the cinematic universe. Marvel doesn't .

But gamora certainly isn't an obscure character.

Not disputing that.

From the movies I'd think, maybe:
Kurse, Korath, Arnim Zola, Laufey,

there are a few others...but I'd say at least the first two

Nyoro SF

Does Dante have a new voice actor? Many of his line deliveries don't sound as good, but then sometimes out of nowhere I'll hear a higher quality one, like his ashes to ashes line.

For those who can't quite tell, compare Dante's Million Dollars super voice in MvC3 and then his one in MvCI.
https://youtu.be/fJURxPach_s?t=3m51s
https://youtu.be/q6IQzDPHS5w?t=1m41s

It's like a voice actor is trying to imitate Dante's past lines? Does this have something to do with the VA strike?

Lulubop

Does Dante have a new voice actor? Many of his line deliveries don't sound as good, but then sometimes out of nowhere I'll hear a higher quality one, like his ashes to ashes line.

For those who can't quite tell, compare Dante's Million Dollars super voice in MvC3 and then his one in MvCI.
https://youtu.be/fJURxPach_s?t=3m51s
https://youtu.be/q6IQzDPHS5w?t=1m41s

It's like a voice actor is trying to imitate Dante's past lines? Does this have something to do with the VA strike?

it's the same va

All of Dante's moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6IQzDPHS5w

That Volcano animation will never not crack me up.

It's called VOLCANO... not love tap. There should be a huge shock wave of white light energy around Dante when he does this move as it's a big AOE splash move.

It has begun!

But man MVC3EX name is SO LAME... fuck SF naming conventions. Should've gone all the way and called it Uncanny Edition or something.

Damn, Infinite Dante's moves just do not have as good animation and impact as in 3.

Risero

Banned
Hey so if Venom is getting in in a later pack, does that mean there'll be a mvc2/1 pack? Does Gambit have a chance? Please just let me believe

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Venom movie being in the Homecoming universe (so, technically the MCU, but Marvel Studios still has nothing to do with the movie? This whole thing is a mess) makes him being in the game much more likely at least.

I feel like Venom will definitely be in the roster.

I don't see him getting a variant and only being available sometime later in 2018. It makes no sense.

Then again, there is the Defenders variant, so....

I just think with the Symbiote Soldier/Huge stuff in the zip file, he's most likely going to be in.

Lulubop

Venom movie being in the Homecoming universe (so, technically the MCU, but Marvel Studios still has nothing to do with the movie? This whole thing is a mess) makes him being in the game much more likely at least.

The game looking a little better and spiderman, with vemon being revealed the next time we see it would do a lot of good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If the game is coming out in September then it's pretty much finished at this point, Capcom will be submitting the launch product to Sony for approval either this month or in July.

youre not wrong, and Im not saying it will happen, but a game being "finished and submitted" means nothing in 2017. Games have complete overhauls with patches these days.

Again, this isnt hoping for the best or anything, im just saying.

Lulubop

If the game is coming out in September then it's pretty much finished at this point, Capcom will be submitting the launch product to Sony for approval either this month or in July.

The Demo build is even older than the vs build which is old at this point. So yea

Ryce

Even though I was told that Venom would be DLC, lately I've been feeling like my source might be behind the curve on a few things. Obviously most of what I was told was accurate (PSX reveal, April press tour, DD inputs, Gamora and other roster picks, et cetera), and while I'm positive that Venom is in the game, it's possible that that things got shifted around in the last few months of development. I don't know what to think -- I'm just really letting that file leak's absence of Ant-Man get to me, haha.

Even though I was told that Venom would be DLC, lately I've been feeling like my source might be behind the curve on a few things. Obviously most of what I was told was accurate (PSX reveal, April press tour, DD inputs, Gamora and other roster picks, et cetera), and while I'm positive that Venom is in the game, it's possible that that things got shifted around in the last few months of development. I don't know what to think -- I'm just really letting that file leak's absence of Ant-Man get to me, haha.
One can only hope we get at least above 30 characters for launch, with characters like Antman, Venom, and Jedah. I'd be satisfied if that is the case (no Gene though :((( ).

Risero

Banned

Oh please don't tell me that I need hope that the game will turn out ok

MoxManiac

Maybe Venom got moved to base roster and Antman moved to dlc?

sinkfla87

I have a feeling this is what happened. Easier to make the smaller base roster look better with a veteran character like Venom, and easier to sell a DLC pack as "All new characters!" when you include Ant Man there.

Rhaknar

"damn it, whos the idiot that put "all new characters" in the dlc stinger?"

"mark sir"

"fire mark. sigh, I guess we put Venom in the base roster and ant man as dlc, ant man is new right?"

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hey so if Venom is getting in in a later pack, does that mean there'll be a mvc2/1 pack? Does Gambit have a chance? Please just let me believe

I would say that he might have no shot at being part of the roster since there are other X-Men being high priority at the moment.

I feel like Venom will definitely be in the roster.

I don't see him getting a variant and only being available sometime later in 2018. It makes no sense.

Then again, there is the Defenders variant, so....

I just think with the Symbiote Soldier/Huge stuff in the zip file, he's most likely going to be in.

I hope Iron Fist would be part of base roster since he would be perfect for this game.

The game looking a little better and spiderman, with vemon being revealed the next time we see it would do a lot of good.

Also I'm still hoping to see them to revive their concept for Doctor Octopus since it would be awesome to see him in action.

vg260

Is it pretty much confirmed that that Reddit post with Doc Ock and Songbird that also talked about SFV plans was bogus?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is it pretty much confirmed that that Reddit post with Doc Ock and Songbird that also talked about SFV plans was bogus?

All RikuRikuMore did is follow people who leaks information and put it together in order to make it sound like he had his own sources. He's more likely to be fake.

Skab

I got a question. Does anybody know or have a clue as to when the development of this game started?

We don't know anything for certain, but back when the leak about the game being announced was first going on, Sneakers said something about production started on what would eventually be mvci about two years ago now. (summer 2015)

No idea if that's accurate or not though, obviously.

I've done it. I've managed to convince myself that the launch roster I guessed (other than Antman/Venom) will be the final roster. Don't know shit about DLC, but I'm confident enough on those 32 characters to bet on it.

Rhaknar

Keits‏ @TheKeits 47m47 minutes ago
More
got more mvci in against @mastastef and @jwonggg , now mastastef and @fchampryan are playing. some recordings coming

Hey guys I am at CEO and was skeptical (even canceled my pre-order) but I can confirm that this game is indeed fun and provides lots of room for creativity for set ups and combos.

Reality gem infinity surge seems hella broken.

I played morrigan/chris, it was really fun.

Hopefully they can salvage the visuals before release. The game isnt disgusting but it is just...bland. Ok some portraits are a little disgusting.

lazygecko

I want pictures of spiderman

2VbNLNe.jpg

Top Bottom