• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

None of the MCU characters could be considered obscure anymore.

Unless it's a female from the MCU.

I could make quite the list of MCU characters that would STILL be considered obscure. Most of the Agents of Shield villains, for instance. Mister Hyde and Absorbing Man. Deathlok, too probably

Ok then it should be obvious that they should release the same demo on PSN with less characters

could they just update the current demo and add in VS mode with the characters from the Story Mode demo?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
https://twitter.com/Mr_Andersun/status/876256637295702017

Saw this retweeted. Good to hear people are enjoying it.

Yeah, I'm glad that people are enjoying the game but the point is it's all about word of mouth, reviews, etc with the casual gamers. Since we already know that good numbers of pro players and mvc fans are going to pick up the games regardless. However they need a lot of sales from casual gamers and marvel comic (or MCU) fans to pick up the games so we could get good numbers of DLC characters, hopefully.

Gosh... I don't know about you guys... But im just ready to get my hands on this game. I can only get so much out this demo.

I can only hope that they heard fan feedback and release the 1v1 demo. Like for real, I wouldnt even care if it only had 4 characters on it.

EDIT: It's frustrating to know that what we all have is shit compared to the e3 build. It's the equivalent of Toad telling you the princess is actually in another castle. LOL

I feel the same. There's a superior build out in Orlando, but I'm here reseting to beat up on these useless bots.

Btw, I need to hear more of these character themes.

Thanos and Zero above all others. I wonder if Thanos got his Marvel Super Heroes theme remixed.

Neoxon

I feel the same. There's a superior build out in Orlando, but I'm here reseting to beat up on these useless bots.

Btw, I need to hear more of these character themes.

Thanos and Zero above all others. I wonder if Thanos got his Marvel Super Heroes theme remixed.
All the Marvel characters seem to have new themes.

RsqVtOS.gif

Chip kill.

Well looks like Capcom is settling on down down for replacing most traditionally dp motions, because besides Ryu, Dr Strange has dp moves as well (according to DevilJin on SRK)?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats the first major we will see Infinite be played at? Any October / November ones?

Skilletor

I could make quite the list of MCU characters that would STILL be considered obscure. Most of the Agents of Shield villains, for instance. Mister Hyde and Absorbing Man. Deathlok, too probably

could they just update the current demo and add in VS mode with the characters from the Story Mode demo?

Eh...I guess if you consider the (abc) tv shows part of the cinematic universe. Marvel doesn't .

But gamora certainly isn't an obscure character.

Kashiwaba

No point, we need a beta to test the online portion of the game.

All the Marvel characters seem to have new themes.
Hawkeye's is pretty clearly an orchestral mix of his MvC3 theme. Nova's is harder to decipher, but i do think i hear some of his old theme in there.

Can't wait to hear Ironman and Cap's themes. I really wasn't a fan of either before.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I saw those prototype pictures days ago and ironically, the unpainted Gems case look like dragonballs :3

Seyavesh

idk if anyone in here cares but project marvel (now named MVC3EX) just released a public build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjja5vgTXAE#t=2h45m41s

there's not a trailer or anything, just emc going through the changes that folks asked him about but the changelist and DL link is there in the vid description. the timestamp i linked is just when he started playin' w/ fizzykups in a lobby to showcase a more live display of the thing.

Dahbomb

All of Dante's moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6IQzDPHS5w

That Volcano animation will never not crack me up.

It's called VOLCANO... not love tap. There should be a huge shock wave of white light energy around Dante when he does this move as it's a big AOE splash move.

idk if anyone in here cares but project marvel (now named MVC3EX) just released a public build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjja5vgTXAE#t=46m41s

there's not a trailer or anything, just emc going through the changes that folks asked him about but the changelist and DL link is there in the vid description. the timestamp i linked is just when he started playin' w/ fizzykups in a lobby to showcase a more live display of the thing.
It has begun!

But man MVC3EX name is SO LAME... fuck SF naming conventions. Should've gone all the way and called it Uncanny Edition or something.

The CE's figures looks good, has anyone said their size?

BTW, when's the next event where they can show more of the game? (EVO should be next IIRC)

Skab

I vote we switch it up this time and make it as detailed as possible.

"What's your team?"
"Oh, I use Color Variant 2 Captain Marvel and Color Variant 4 Chris Redfield using the the Time Stone."

How about "Character/Character (Stone)"

Hulk/Zero (RS)

Captain Marvel/Thanos (TS)

Technically you can't really denote the stones by the initials because of Soul and Space.

Anyways, neat to see that Carol's alt color is based off Binary. She'll probably have a Ms. Marvel and a Warbird color too. Kind of wonder if there will be just four or if there will be six alt colors.

Keits

Developer
Technically you can't really denote the stones by the initials because of Soul and Space.

Anyways, neat to see that Carol's alt color is based off Binary. She'll probably have a Ms. Marvel and a Warbird color too. Kind of wonder if there will be just four or if there will be six alt colors.

TI, PO, SP, SO, RE, MI

Just use two letters.

The game is super dope. After playing at CEO I'm convinced enough to double dip on Steam and PS4. I'll be streaming a lot when this drops.

I've been playing CapAm/Ultron/TI and Rocket/Ultron/RE

Risero

Banned
All of Dante's moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6IQzDPHS5w

That Volcano animation will never not crack me up.

It's called VOLCANO... not love tap. There should be a huge shock wave of white light energy around Dante when he does this move as it's a big AOE splash move.

It has begun!

But man MVC3EX name is SO LAME... fuck SF naming conventions. Should've gone all the way and called it Uncanny Edition or something.

Dante's "Ice" moves look like Chaos's tentacles from Sonic Generations. How is that supposed to be ice?

Top Bottom