• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Everyone shitting on c viper but the real worst character in my suggestion is she hulk. Never cared for her or her play style lost no sleep over her being cut.

Everyone shitting on c viper but the real worst character in my suggestion is she hulk. Never cared for her or her play style lost no sleep over her being cut.
veYKRuF.gif

If I had a nickel for every time Neoxon brought up the X-Men ban for Marvel games, I'd be dead because I would be buried in a pile of nickels and they'd be too heavy for me to get ou-

If I had a nickel for every time Neoxon brought up the X-Men ban for Marvel games, I'd be dead because I would be buried in a pile of nickels and they'd be too heavy for me to get ou-

If I had a dollar for everytime neoxon said a character would/n't make it into a fighting game and the opposite happened I could retire

Alienous

Im just still surprised we arent getting:

Daredevil
Vision
Black Bolt
Loki
Scarlet Witch
Asura
Leon Kennedy (Chris again?)
Gene

All at launch. Its just unreal, those were at least the most requested characters for UMVC3 back in the day, im absolutely sure.

The game won't have Black Panther as part of the base game, and he's part of the story, so they clearly didn't approach the game with the attitude of "let's make the best roster possible", but "which characters will sell the DLC?".

Unless the SF rep would've been Juri. You won't see me complaining about the lack of SF in the roster

I'd much rather have juri then c viper or almost any other female rep capcom could have picked tbh. My suggestion last page was more under the idea of capcom being cheap/lazy in terms of veteran to newcomer ratio.

Trying to avoid trade-ins n boost sales by putting the popular peeps in there, unlike SFV which keeps putting in wack nerds
The first 7 DLC characters in SFV were heavy-hitting vets, and it looks like at least 2 of Season 3's will be the same.

People hating on Viper, didn't play MvC3, right?

Can't think of any other reason.
I hate her because she's what happened when Capcom tried to make a tribute to KoF, but remembered halfway through that they hated SNK so they just fucked her up.

sephi22

Lol C. Viper and/or She-Hulk as worst character in MvC3? Did you folks forgot the worst character in vs. history Hsien Ko was in that game?

Who am I kidding? Of course you did. People don't even remember her being in 3 that's how much of a non-factor she was.

Lol C. Viper and/or She-Hulk as worst character in MvC3? Did you folks forgot the worst character in vs. history Hsien Ko was in that game?

Who am I kidding? Of course you did. People don't even remember her being in 3 that's how much of a non-factor she was.

Hsien Ko is awesome as a character, she's just garbage tier so nobody plays her

It still boggles my mind that it's not looking good for Ms. Marvel. Such a good character that deserves a spot.

Seconded. I remember how we were all saying she was practically in the bag (immensely popular character with powers that are more than qualified for a moveset and would be easy to translate). I'm thinking Marvel/Capcom know this and want to make her DLC that people are sure to drop money for. I really wouldn't be surprised if she was in the first batch of extra characters. It's one of THE things that'll help me decide to keep my preorder or not. Only reason I haven't cancelled is the small chance someone like her can still make it in last minute.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Main someone else~! :p

o/

Doesn't matter I don't like em and it seems like roster space for this game is inexplicably tight, he goes, Arthur goes

tbh the Marvel side while super light on females is OK. The Capcom side is basura

So basically "I dislike the characters so I want them gone."

Yeah, this is my stance. Why even bring up the idea of replacing, when you could just add. It would make me less happy to replace Nova and Red Arremer as well at this point, regardless of who takes their place.

Getting Nina at all will win me over.

Yes, me too.

I forgot about that She Hulk qoute.

https://youtu.be/w2ZGlP4Swzs?t=105

I knew it. She said Marvel Vs. Capcom 4, not Infinite so she went to wrong place. She's a goner.

I'd forgotten all about it but I'm still salty about Rashid also not making it in.

He's a Middle-Eastern character (helps with the diversity), is a SFV rep, is a generally cool character and has a moveset that seems like it could be modified to fit Mahvel very easily.

Well, we still have a shot with Ms. Marvel since she's Pakistan-American. I do think we might get a character from SFV. I would be okay with Rashid, FANG, Ed or Kolin at the moment.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Viper as a character encapsulates the spirit of Marvel. Spammable moves, standing lows, multiple invulnerable attacks, unblockable setups, cancellable everything. As Marvel as it gets.

Low key, I'm kind of worried right now because UMvC3 had so many unique and quirkly playstyles with stuff like Viper, Ammy, MODOK, She-Hulk, Joe, etc. I just don't see the same this time around, especially because of the overlap with the UMvC3 cast and the loss of most of those quirky characters.

And, I know it's a net positive that this isn't the case anymore, but having the deficits that some characters had in MvC3 like not being able to self-OTG made for those fun moments where you could call Joe in as an assist to kick a bomb mid-combo, and by the time you combo them up and down, you'd time it just right so that the bomb would detonate and OTG them, and that's part of what made MvC always wild and unpredictable. MvC:I's devs seem to be increase the predictability of things in this game, reiterating that nobody could follow what was going on in MvC3 from a spectator's perspective, but, like any other sport or eSport, not only is having the additional knowledge to understand what is going on always going to be the case at high levels, it's part of the charm. Like Neonep said, the fan service has been lost in the sauce.

X is interesting, and Hunter, Ant-Man, and Gamora sound like they could end up pretty unique, but at best that's not making up for all that weird stuff that's been lost.

Mugy

The game won't have Black Panther as part of the base game, and he's part of the story, so they clearly didn't approach the game with the attitude of "let's make the best roster possible", but "which characters will sell the DLC?".

Well yeah, but im talking about Black Bolt, not Black Phanter

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I couldn't care less for She-Hulk as a character but her gameplay style was dope as fuck even though she ultimately didn't have enough gimmicks/set ups to keep her competitive into and through UMvC3.

With the way Hawkeye got all of these new arrows, I think she could benefit a ton from getting different options out of her walljump and run, especially in MvCI where you could theroetically get She-Hulk barrelling towards you with a air/run move that you can't discern until she gets close, and active switch to mix up beforehand. She'd do really well in this game IMO.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
People hating on Viper, didn't play MvC3, right?

Can't think of any other reason.

I don't hate her but she just don't click for me in SFIV series and MVC3 series. If she got in then I'm happy for the fans but for me, I presume that she wouldn't click for me in MVC:I. We will see.

I hope Venom is in the base roster.

me too.

It still boggles my mind that it's not looking good for Ms. Marvel. Such a good character that deserves a spot.

I think she still have a good shot at DLC tho.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Viper as a character encapsulates the spirit of Marvel. Spammable moves, standing lows, multiple invulnerable attacks, unblockable setups, cancellable everything. As Marvel as it gets.

Low key, I'm kind of worried right now because UMvC3 had so many unique and quirkly playstyles with stuff like Viper, Ammy, MODOK, She-Hulk, Joe, etc. I just don't see the same this time around, especially because of the overlap with the UMvC3 cast and the loss of most of those quirky characters.

And, I know it's a net positive that this isn't the case anymore, but having the deficits that some characters had in MvC3 like not being able to self-OTG made for those fun moments where you could call Joe in as an assist to kick a bomb mid-combo, and by the time you combo them up and down, you'd time it just right so that the bomb would detonate and OTG them, and that's part of what made MvC always wild and unpredictable. MvC:I's devs seem to be increase the predictability of things in this game, reiterating that nobody could follow what was going on in MvC3 from a spectator's perspective, but, like any other sport or eSport, not only is having the additional knowledge to understand what is going on always going to be the case at high levels, it's part of the charm. Like Neonep said, the fan service has been lost in the sauce.

X is interesting, and Hunter, Ant-Man, and Gamora sound like they could end up pretty unique, but at best that's not making up for all that weird stuff that's been lost.

Well, you have to expect it to happens with quirky characters because the capcom staff said that they want to create characters that can be depends on themselves, rather than relying on assists or shield. They basically said they are done with making characters as assist only or meat shield from top of my head.

Unfortunately that meant some quirky characters who essentially depends on assists might be at risky being not coming back.

I hope they would able to redone Phoenix Wright's moveset and make him even much better. I would love to see MODOK coming back as well since I really like how he works in the battle.

Top Bottom