• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Neoxon

Yeah StarLord is just a regular dude. One of the coolest thing about him is his mask. Why take that away? And this was before the movie came out so he doesn't even look like Chris Pratt.
That's one of the things I'm thankful for about the Guardians movie, it forced Bendis to give Star-Lord his mask back. Sure, we lost the helmet, but at least the iconic part of the mask is back.

Either way, Bendis is leaving the Guardians book soon, so whatever.

Will we even get any news in Jan?
That's one of the things I'm thankful for about the Guardians movie, it forced Bendis to give Star-Lord his mask back. Sure, we lost the helmet, but at least the iconic part of the mask is back.

Either way, Bendis is leaving the Guardians book soon, so whatever.

The thing is I'm not even sure if it was Bendis or the artist :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
damn it saw a tweet from MvC:I official account with a coimc tie in with bunch of unaanounced characters on the cover and got excited...

...but its for UMVC3 physical edition lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also that was a lot of typos in my post, damn I need to go to a ophthalmologist, no joke :/

saw ur post before the edit and thought UMVC2 was a thing...

in a world with USF2, anything could happen I supposed

yeah sorry about that

is this a new comic tie-in made especially for UMVC3 PS4 or is it the one from MVC3? Because I'd love to see another one made.

Wait
C2i9qgzUsAAL8MU.jpg:large

That's definitely new art. I wonder if its a reprint of the MVC3 story with new art or a new story....

Back to MVCI I guess this would mean we're most likely getting an MVCI comic tie-in? I wonder if rights issues (Moto Kikaku for instance might object to Strider being used by Marvel) would keep Marvel from making an actual comic series for MVC:I?

EDIT: And hey, look who's missing.....

Ryu vs Iron Man? Sound familiar? (I guess it was more Ryu vs Cap Marvel but still where's Wolverine?)

J-Tier

I'm bored. Here's a lost of MCU characters and why I'm excited at the prospect of a roster being primarily made up of these characters.

Abomination, Absorbing Man, Angar the Screamer, Ant-Man, Arnim Zola, Asgard Ian (other), Baron Mordo, Baron von Strucker, Baron Zemo, Batroc the Leaper, Black Panther, Black Widow, Blackout, Blizzard, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Cloak & Dagger*, Colleen Wing*, Cosmo, Cottonmouth, Crossbones, Daredevil, Deathlok, Diamondback, Dormammu, Dr. Strange, Drax the Destroyer, Dum Dum Dugan, Elektra, Falcon, Gamora, Ghost Rider, Groot, Hawkeye, Hela*, Hellcat, Hellfire, Hive, Howard the Duck, Hulk, Inhumans*, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Iron Monger, Jessica Jones, Justin Hammer, Kaecilius, Killmonger*, Kilgrave, Kingpin, Klaw, Kurse, Lash, Laufey King of Ice Giants, Loki, Lorelei, Luke Cage, Malekith, Man-Ape*, Mandarin, Mantis, Maria Hill, Misty Knight, Mockingbird, Nebula, Nick Fury, Owl, Peggy Carter, Phil Coulson, Punisher, Quake, Quicksilver**, Raina**, Red Skull, Rocket Raccoon, Ronan the Accuser, Scarlet Witch**, Sharon Carter, Sif, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Stick, Thanos, Thor, Ultron, Valkyrie*, Vision, Vulture, War Machine, Warriors Three, Whiplash, Winter Soldier, Yellowjacket, Yo-Yo.

*Upcoming Characters/Easter egg
**Neoxon Trigger

Relatively thorough list, I may be missing a few but I got lazy.

80% of that list includes my most wanted characters. With the Marvel side focused on the MCU, I'm gonna be one happy guy. It's also why I previously mentione that I'm super excited about the Capcom side--I feel like the Marvel side is mostly a lock for me, leaving room for 3 or 4 surprises.

Weiss

Banned
Asura's Wrath is not super great but Asura is so incomparably cool that I don't care, so now I'll try to brainstorm stuff for him.

A projectile move that can change between rapid fire blasts and larger, slower fireballs.

Aerial divekick.

Super Armored dash attack.

Large radius spin attack.

Button mashing rapid punches.

A counter move based on the cinematic button prompts.

Level 1 Hyper: Unlimited Mode with Super Armor and increased damage.

Level 1 Hyper Lock-On Fire Blast (like Akuma's LM Gohadouken Hyper).

Level 3 Hyper: Transform into Vajra Asura

Alt costume: Past Asura/Augus

I'm bored. Here's a lost of MCU characters and why I'm excited at the prospect of a roster being primarily made up of these characters.

Abomination, Absorbing Man, Angar the Screamer, Ant-Man, Arnim Zola, Asgard Ian (other), Baron Mordo, Baron von Strucker, Baron Zemo, Batroc the Leaper, Black Panther, Black Widow, Blackout, Blizzard, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Cloak & Dagger*, Colleen Wing*, Coldblood (technically Savin from Iron Man 3 ) , Cosmo, Cottonmouth, Crossbones, Daredevil, Deathlok, Diamondback, Dormammu, Dr. Strange, Drax the Destroyer, Dum Dum Dugan, Elektra, Executioner* Falcon, Gamora, Ghost Rider, Groot, Hawkeye, Hela*, Hellcat, Hellfire, Hive, Howard the Duck, Hulk, Inhumans*, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Iron Monger, Jessica Jones, Justin Hammer, Kaecilius, Killmonger*, Kilgrave, Kingpin, Klaw, Kurse, Lash, Laufey King of Ice Giants, Loki, Lorelei, Luke Cage, Madame Masque (technically from Agent Carter S2) Malekith, Man-Ape*, Mandarin, Mantis, Maria Hill, Misty Knight, Mockingbird, Nebula, Nick Fury, Owl, Peggy Carter, Phil Coulson, Punisher, Quake, Quicksilver**, Raina**, Red Skull, Rocket Raccoon, Ronan the Accuser, Scarlet Witch**, Sharon Carter, Sif, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Stick, Surtur the Fire Demon* Thanos, Thor, Ultron, Valkyrie*, Vision, Vulture, War Machine, Warriors Three, Whiplash, Winter Soldier, Yellowjacket, Yo-Yo.

*Upcoming Characters/Easter egg
**Neoxon Trigger

Relatively thorough list, I may be missing a few but I got lazy.

80% of that list includes my most wanted characters. With the Marvel side focused on the MCU, I'm gonna be one happy guy. It's also why I previously mentione that I'm super excited about the Capcom side--I feel like the Marvel side is mostly a lock for me, leaving room for 3 or 4 surprises.

When was Angar the Screamer in anything?
Missing from memory: Surtur (seemingly confirmed for thor 3 from Hall H Thor 3 footage), Executioner (Confirmed for Thor 3), Whitney Frost/Madame Masque, Coldblood

lupinko

is this a new comic tie-in made especially for UMVC3 PS4 or is it the one from MVC3? Because I'd love to see another one made.

Wait

That's definitely new art. I wonder if its a reprint of the MVC3 story with new art or a new stpry....

Back to MVCI I guess this would mean we're most likely getting an MVCI comic tie-in? I wonder if rights issues (Moto Kikaku for instance might object to Strider being used by Marvel) would keep Marvel from making an actual comic series for MVC:I?

EDIT: And hey, look who's missing.....

Ryu vs Iron Man? Sound familiar? (I guess it was more Ryu vs Cap Marvel but still where's Wolverine?)

Capcom fully owns Strider, they said they only need to inform Moto Kikaku ahead of time when Strider is going to be used (and also give full recognition and credit).

It sounds like the arrangement DC has with Siegel and Shuster and their estates for example when it comes to Superman.

As long as we get a good artist, I'm good. However, most Western artists will probably result in janky looking Capcom characters.

A lot of "Western artists" nowadays are just Japanese. In fact Marvel uses a lot of Japanese artists now and have been for a long time like Gurihiru.

Yeah. heard the news about the new comic. That's a real surprise. I wonder if it's being made to tease MvC Infinite and tie UMvC3 to it somehow.

J-Tier

Concept art? What concept art?

What have I missed?
I think he means the cover art for the comic that's bundled with the PS4 UMvC3 release.

A lot of "Western artists" nowadays are just Japanese. In fact Marvel uses a lot of Japanese artists now and have been for a long time like Gurihiru.
I had no idea, that's neat. I don't really follow comic artists, just writers.

Not liking this new art at all, but that's just me, the Shinkiro one is dope though it's not new. Also, where's is Wolverine? At least Storm is there...

No info, no art no nothing of MvCI? I'm gonna die lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Were any of the mvc3/umvc3 characters announced at a PAX?

Some UMvC3 characters got trailers around that time IIRC, but the game pretty much had all of it's new characters leaked at that point. PAX South is a newer thing and I wouldn't expect much there either because it's kind of an obscure event (and I don't even think Capcom is there).

Increasingly seeming like we'll have to wait until GDC.

Top Bottom